Dr. Steven Dorsky, MD

Dr. Steven Dorsky, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Dorsky, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chatham, NJ. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

40 Main St

Chatham, NJ 07928

• EmblemHealth
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Dorsky

See how frequently Dr. Dorsky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Spinal Stenosis
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. Dorsky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Brown Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Montefiore Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Dorsky has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dorsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dorsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dorsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dorsky to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Dorsky's Performance
east hanover, nj |
Excellent surgeon in high demand.
Bayonne, NJ |
When I went to Dr. Dorsky I couldn't stand or walk for more than 5 minutes. He did a fusion of the 4th and 5th lumbar and and cleaned out S1. I had practically no pain after surgery and my rehab time was faster than I had expected. I can walk and stand as long as I want right now and that's due to his expertise. His staff, and in particular his surgical aide, are top professionals. I would definitely recommend Dr. Dorsky to others.
Parsippany, NJ |
I've had two surgeries, including a recent spinal fusion, both with excellent outcomes. I would highly recommend Dr. Dorsky to anyone needing back surgery. Also, his staff is friendly and very professional.
in rahway, nj |
I began treatment with Dr. Dorsky for a 2nd opinion since I did not feel comfortable with the treatment recommendations my current orthopedic had suggested. Upon meeting Dr. Dorsky, I immediately felt confident in his ability to takeover and manage my care. In addition, at my first visit, he discovered and informed me of an additional issue which then took an ordinary situation and escalated it into a more difficult one. Dr. Dorsky has a direct and no nonsense way of providing care. Without hesi
in Hillside NJ |
Dr. Dorsky can come across as mean. However, he's not. I had three major surgeries. They was all successful. Thanks Dr. Dorsky
Newark, NJ |
Excellent experience with Dr. Dorsky and his team. Look no further for expert and courteous attention to your back issues!
in Somerset , NJ |
My first experience with Dr. Dorsky was in 2008. I was in severe pain and was told by my orthopedic surgeon that there was nothing he could do for me. My MD referred me to Dr Dorsky who reviewed my case, recommended and performed surgery, my life was changed I'm now able to live a pain free life. In 2017 I needed surgery on two additional disk Dr Dorsky once again performed a spinal fusion and after 2 1/2 months I'm pain free and enjoyed an active lifestyle.
Westfield, NJ |
Great service, the staff is very nice and they make you feel very comfortable.
New Jersey |
I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone first time ever having back surgery he is the worst Sends me back to work and I'm still having pain I'm going to get a second opinion he does not care about his patients at all he acts like he cares about your problem once you get the surgery his character changes fast he got what he wanted
in Westfield, NJ |
This doctor is incompetent fool. He misdiagnosed my autoimmune condition as a birth defect and instead of referring me to rheumatologist, sent me to physical therapist affiliated with his office . Radiologist clearly suggested to rule out autoimmune condition, but he confidently dismissed it as wrong without performing any further tests. I trusted him and followed his advice and lost a lot of time. Now I have permanent damage in my neck and lost range of motion which could be prevented.
in Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Dorsky is an excellent surgeon who produced great results for me (laminectomy). In my first visit, he gave me an honest appraisal of my condition and did NOT push me into surgery. Once I made my decision, however, he put the wheels in motion quickly, and everything ran like clockwork. His staff is excellent and caring, and one assistant recognizes me by name every time I go there. Dr. Dorsky does not, even after he reads my chart. I don?t care; I value him for his surgical skills.
in Hillside, NJ |
I met Dr. Dorsky 17 years ago after a car accident. After two surgeries, I had my my life back. Recently, I needed help once again. He was the only doctor I considered. Three days after this surgery, I was up and around. Prior to the surgery, I could not stand more than 5 minutes without severe pain. I highly recommend Dr. Dorsky.
in Berkeley Township, NJ |
Dr. Dorsky is the best and he changed my quality of life. I am now pain free and able to live a much better lifestyle, thanks to him.
in Oak Ridge, NJ |
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Dorsky. He is very professional and no-nonsense - he does not sugar coat. I was in a bad car accident and sustained significant neck injuries - the pain was excruciating... He treated me as soon as possible with the best possible results considering the injuries I sustained from accident. I still have a pretty long road ahead but I am confident knowing he and his amazing staff are with me on this journey.
in Linden, NJ |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Steven Dorsky. I was very impress.
in West New York, NJ |
Very professional experience with this doctor, helped a great deal during my time as a patient. I would highly recommend this doctor. This doctor has helped me rehabilitate amazingly and after my spinal fusion surgery, I've never felt better.
in Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Dorsky and his entire team are an outstanding group, and I VERY HIGHLY and without any hesitation whatsoever recommend him. He performed a laminotomy and microdiscectomy at the L5-S1 level with the utmost level of skill. I was home resting comfortably that night, and within mere days the sciatica symptoms which severely limited my life for many months had disappeared. I highly recommend visiting his office; I did, and was given the invaluable gift of a pain-free life again.
in Norwood, NJ |
Dr. Steven Dorsky literally gave me back my life with his expert diagnosis and surgery. His experience and precise explanation of my treatment options allowed me to make a life altering decision with confidence and clarity.
in Cedar Knolls, NJ |
Dr. Dorsky confirmed a diagnosis I previously got. He was very knowledgeable and thoroughly explained my condition and gave me the pros and cons of the recommended surgery. I had the operation and very glad I did. After 6 months recuperation, I am 90% free of pain and feel like my old self again. His staff very helpful, polite and do their best to make you comfortable.
in Dover NJ |
Very knowledgeable man. Takes the time to answer your questions and help determine what's right for you.
New York, NY |
Great surgeon, terrible bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Dorsky, MD?
Are you Dr. Dorsky?