Dr. Stephen David, MD

Dr. Stephen David, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Stephen David, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Arden, NC. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. David is affiliated with Mission Health.

Dr. David's Experience

See how Dr. David's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. David

Dr. David accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. David has admitting privileges.

Dr. David's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. David to family and friends
Dr. David's Performance
in brevard, nc |
I had 2 previous spinal fusion surgeries before coming to Dr. David. He really tried to avoid a third surgery, but in the end it was the only option. My third spinal fusion was quite complicated and involved. Dr. David was very supportive and compassionate during the whole process from my first visit with him to my most recent post op visit. He explains everything and takes all the time you need in answering questions. His whole staff is amazing as well. I am very pleased with my decision.
in Franklin NC |
Dr david has been wonderful the office staff is always helpful! And park ridge hospital where my husband had surgery was great! The whole experience has been the best ! I'd recommend dr david to everyone!????????
in Hendersonville, NC |
I have had numerous surgeries in the past and some were successful and some were not. However, my recent back surgery experience with Dr. David was amazing! From the office staff, to the surgery and hospital experience, the follow up and knowledge/professionalism of Dr. David and his staff, it has been by far the BEST healthcare experience of my life and the debilitating nerve pain I had been experiencing for over a year is gone! I highly recommend Dr. David to anyone with serious back issues.
in Newport TN |
I have saw Dr David for many years for back and most recent neck surgery I'm very confident in Dr.David feel he not only educated,but a good person that takes the time get to know his patient.I thank God for Dr.working hands and ability of knowledge to help me,when need these surgeries.I would recommend him to others as well.
in NC |
My entire experience with Dr. David was excellent. His bedside manner is impeccable and his staff is friendly and caring. After seeking four professional opinions, I felt very confident in choosing Dr. David to perform my two level spinal fusion. David is forthright with information, explained my procedure thoroughly, and was very approachable with questions and concerns. I feel strongly that Dr. David respects his work and operates with great skill and care. Recovering well from surgery.
in brevard, nc |
He was very kind and courteous throughout the surgery process. He also continues to be influential and supportive throughout my recovery which is going fantastic thanks to his skill and knowledge.
in HENDERSONVILLE |
From the very first visit Dr. David and his staff have been very caring and professional. Dr. David is an excellent surgeon and the results of my surgery have been phenomenal! I only wish I would have seen him sooner for my neck problem. I would recommend him to anyone that is having spine problems. In fact I have already told one friend about him and he really liked him also. After his first visit he said to me, "finally I am seeing a real doctor!" Dr. David and his staff really do care.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. David is attentive, meticulous, respectful and compassionate. He manages and informs the patient well, while remaining available for questions.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. David is an excellent doctor. He explaine thing to were you can understand and his patient care is great. I had my back fused by him and was very please with my surgery and my recovery. I would recommend him to anyone who has a problem with their back.
in Asheville, NC |
I researched on line for a doctor that does spinal surgery. I found Dr. David's name and he was selected as the most safest spinal surgeon in Western North Carolina. So I made an appointment to see him. He is the most pleasant person to talk to and explains everything in detail so that you can understand what will happen should you decide to have surgery. I am 76 years old and I had a spinal fusion done with some other work to clean up the arthritic spurs. I was only in the hospital 2 days.
in Sylva , NC |
Dr. David shows a care and concern for his patients that is rarely seen now a days. I am also impressed how he utilizes the most up to date information and technology for his patients care. Dr. David never pushed me into any one direction when I was looking for relief from my condition, rather we started with the least invasive procedures. I ended up going for surgery with great success I am grateful to Dr. David for improving my quality of life.
mocksville, nc |
Dr. David is very compassionate. He truly cares about how his patient feels and the care they need. He is an excellent listener! He never made me feel rushed. I always had his undivided attention. I had several appointments with him. He is extremely professional and caring. His staff are also very nice, accommodating, and available when you need them (email and phone). He is a fantastic surgeon with great skill. I had surgery on my spine and trust him completely.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Very thorough, explains & answers all of your questions. I’m unable to write as much as I would like, so there is one sentence I can use to sum up just how skilled Dr. David is. 45 mins after coming out of recovery from an extensive lower back surgery, I got out of bed and walked to the restroom. My left leg is functioning better each day and I no longer need a cane. I’m sold on this man in every respect.
Weaverville, NC |
I have had two back surgeries performed by Dr. David with no complications or issues. In my experiences I found him to be very attentive and accessible, as well as pleasant to work with.
in asheville nc |
excellent care. explains things very well.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr David is an excellent doctor and surgeon. He listens to your problems and finds a way to fix it!! My back hurts less now than ever the pain that I have now is from old age i guess! I would recommend Dr David to anyone with back or neck problems!!!
Marion, NC |
My first visit to Dr. David. I was impressed with his medical knowledge and compassion. He is an excellent communicator and listener, and seemed to be genuinely concerned about my back problems and finding solutions. He gave me a thorough exam and offered recommendations, including further testing. His front- and back-office staff were very pleasant. I had to wait a long time in the waiting room, but once I was taken to an exam room, the doctor saw me promptly and gave me plenty of time.
in Lenoir, NC |
I had my back surgery on the 18th of August and I am so thankful for Dr. David. One of my girls that works for me her Dad went to him and also had back surgery and he is doing great site I decided to go see Dr. David and I Thank God I did. I'm doing great so far. Go back to see him Aug. 31. Very caring.
in Asheville, NC |
I hate surveys and online reviews. However, I promised my doc's assistant I would take this survey. Dr. Stephen David is the salt of the Earth. A truly sympathetic and caring human being. He took the time to explain all the risks and benefits to having the procedure. He personally called me after I left the hospital to see how I was doing-I was high as hell and don't really remember the content of the call, but my husband confirmed this actually happened. Go get yo' back all fixed up!
in Weaverville, NC |
Dr David is the best listener I have ever encountered. Not only that he is kind, gentle, and above all highly skilled and professional. I would recommend him without any reservations.
in Asheville, NC |
The best spine doc in WNC & anywhere! Unlike most healthcare professionals, he spends a lot of time with me. He's the greatest!!
in Leicester, NC |
Dr. David was kind and caring. He listened to my symptoms and carefully explained the procedure he thought would provide the best results. He answered the questions posed by my family and never appeared rushed or impatient. I was experiencing severe sciatica and his proposed surgery worked - I am now pain free. His nurse was also excellent. Blue Ridge Bone & Joint was organized, efficient, and professional - they did what they said they would do.
in Weaverville, NC |
Extremely well qualified, skilled professional, excellent listener & communicator.
in Asheville, NC |
The best healthcare experience from start to finish. I felt like I was the only patient that mattered.
in Sylva, NC |
Dr. David has a very good personality. He explains the problem and/or solution to the the problem so that I could understand what was needed and the process and outcome I should expect. Also able to have a prompt appointment when I called his office. This was my first visit with Dr. David and I was very pleased.
in Burnsville, NC |
Dr. David is very interested in your condition, is extremely friendly and most courteous. Listens to your complaint, is not in a hurry and wants to answer all questions. Performed back surgery and had immediate relief from almost a year of terrible pain. Was able to go home the same day and recovery has been superb!
in Hendersonville, NC |
Following my surgery to alleviate debilitating leg pain from spinal stenosis, I can now stand and walk with no leg pain. For anyone contemplating surgery for spinal stenosis, I would offer my highest recommendation for Dr. David (and his capable and friendly staff) to both advise and potentially perform this surgery. His knowledge, skill and demeanor were comforting in allaying my fear of back surgery, and the results of the surgery have been overwhelmingly positive.
in Swannanoa, NC |
He is a very attentive and truly concerned Physician. Always soft spoken and sincere. He has been caring for me over 4 years now, and after 13 years of pain, I am now only on pain meds if I truly over do it. That is very rare. His surgeries on me have truly been a remarkable turning point in my life. This is a doctor that knows how to help a patient get more out of life. What a blessing he has been to me.
in Leicester, NC |
He came in on his day off just to expedite my need for surgery, in order for me to get some quick relief. He explained and showed on a model where my issues was and how he would go in and provide the relief that was needed for my Sciatic Pain. What touched me the most was his concern and comfort toward me while I was being examined while in so much pain.
in Rutherfordton, NC |
Thank you so much for helping me Dr.David. He's a great orthopedic doctor cares about his job and his patient
in Hendersonville,NC |
Very knowledgeable and very caring
in Weaverville, NC |
I have been a patient of DR. Davids for a long time and i highly recommend him for any procedure , he and his staff are very friendly and if you have a question they will take the time to answer ,i recently had a spinal fusion and it went great DR. David is the best i feel great i can walk without a problem i am so proud to call DR. David my doctor i could not be happier with his service. THANK YOU DR.DAVID AND STAFF
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. David is friendly, professional and compassionate. He spends time explaining not only the problem you have but the solution as well. Great surgeon!
in Black Mountain, NC |
He was very kind and considerate, gave my good advice, and performed successful surgery. I feel much better now (just two weeks after surgery) than before.
in Weaverville, NC |
Three nurses recommended Dr. David to me. One is an OR nurse who has assisted him with the procedure I had. They said he is the best. I agree! He is very friendly and interested in what I have to say, as well as answering all my questions. Three weeks and three days after my laminectomy, I swam a mile.
in Dandridge, TN |
Dr David is one of the finest surgeons I have ever met. He truly cares for his patients and will take the necessary time to discuss your injury and treatment. After the first visit I knew I had found a Physcian who really cares about seeing that my issue was resolved. After suffering for 7 years Dr David reviewed my case and established an appropriate treatment which consisted of neck surgery to repair disks. I can finally say I am pain free.
in Weaverville, NC |
Dr. David has a great personality. I totally trusted him doing my back surgery. The staff at BRB&J are very friendly. Several weeks after my surgery, I was in pain & they gave me an appointment that afternoon. I highly recommend Dr. David & his staff if you need neck or back surgery.Dr. David answered all of my questions before & after surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen David, MD?
Are you Dr. David?

Compare Dr. David

}

Dr. David's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. David has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. David's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Rib Fracture
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

University Of Toronto / College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1992

Carolinas Med Center

Dr. David does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. David and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection