Dr. Stephen M. David, MD

Dr. Stephen M. David, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. David specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Arden, NC. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. David? Add your own statement here.

Dr. David's Experience

See how Dr. David's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. David

Dr. David accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. David has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. David's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. David to family and friends
Experience with Dr. David
Dr. David's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (36)
Marion, NC |
My first visit to Dr. David. I was impressed with his medical knowledge and compassion. He is an excellent communicator and listener, and seemed to be genuinely concerned about my back problems and finding solutions. He gave me a thorough exam and offered recommendations, including further testing. His front- and back-office staff were very pleasant. I had to wait a long time in the waiting room, but once I was taken to an exam room, the doctor saw me promptly and gave me plenty of time.
in Lenoir, NC |
I had my back surgery on the 18th of August and I am so thankful for Dr. David. One of my girls that works for me her Dad went to him and also had back surgery and he is doing great site I decided to go see Dr. David and I Thank God I did. I'm doing great so far. Go back to see him Aug. 31. Very caring.
in Asheville, NC |
I hate surveys and online reviews. However, I promised my doc's assistant I would take this survey. Dr. Stephen David is the salt of the Earth. A truly sympathetic and caring human being. He took the time to explain all the risks and benefits to having the procedure. He personally called me after I left the hospital to see how I was doing-I was high as hell and don't really remember the content of the call, but my husband confirmed this actually happened. Go get yo' back all fixed up!
in Weaverville, NC |
Dr David is the best listener I have ever encountered. Not only that he is kind, gentle, and above all highly skilled and professional. I would recommend him without any reservations.
in Asheville, NC |
The best spine doc in WNC & anywhere! Unlike most healthcare professionals, he spends a lot of time with me. He's the greatest!!
in Leicester, NC |
Dr. David was kind and caring. He listened to my symptoms and carefully explained the procedure he thought would provide the best results. He answered the questions posed by my family and never appeared rushed or impatient. I was experiencing severe sciatica and his proposed surgery worked - I am now pain free. His nurse was also excellent. Blue Ridge Bone & Joint was organized, efficient, and professional - they did what they said they would do.
in Weaverville, NC |
Extremely well qualified, skilled professional, excellent listener & communicator.
in Asheville, NC |
The best healthcare experience from start to finish. I felt like I was the only patient that mattered.
in Sylva, NC |
Dr. David has a very good personality. He explains the problem and/or solution to the the problem so that I could understand what was needed and the process and outcome I should expect. Also able to have a prompt appointment when I called his office. This was my first visit with Dr. David and I was very pleased.
in Burnsville, NC |
Dr. David is very interested in your condition, is extremely friendly and most courteous. Listens to your complaint, is not in a hurry and wants to answer all questions. Performed back surgery and had immediate relief from almost a year of terrible pain. Was able to go home the same day and recovery has been superb!
in Hendersonville, NC |
Following my surgery to alleviate debilitating leg pain from spinal stenosis, I can now stand and walk with no leg pain. For anyone contemplating surgery for spinal stenosis, I would offer my highest recommendation for Dr. David (and his capable and friendly staff) to both advise and potentially perform this surgery. His knowledge, skill and demeanor were comforting in allaying my fear of back surgery, and the results of the surgery have been overwhelmingly positive.
in Swannanoa, NC |
He is a very attentive and truly concerned Physician. Always soft spoken and sincere. He has been caring for me over 4 years now, and after 13 years of pain, I am now only on pain meds if I truly over do it. That is very rare. His surgeries on me have truly been a remarkable turning point in my life. This is a doctor that knows how to help a patient get more out of life. What a blessing he has been to me.
in Leicester, NC |
He came in on his day off just to expedite my need for surgery, in order for me to get some quick relief. He explained and showed on a model where my issues was and how he would go in and provide the relief that was needed for my Sciatic Pain. What touched me the most was his concern and comfort toward me while I was being examined while in so much pain.
in Rutherfordton, NC |
Thank you so much for helping me Dr.David. He's a great orthopedic doctor cares about his job and his patient
in Hendersonville,NC |
Very knowledgeable and very caring
in Weaverville, NC |
I have been a patient of DR. Davids for a long time and i highly recommend him for any procedure , he and his staff are very friendly and if you have a question they will take the time to answer ,i recently had a spinal fusion and it went great DR. David is the best i feel great i can walk without a problem i am so proud to call DR. David my doctor i could not be happier with his service. THANK YOU DR.DAVID AND STAFF
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. David is friendly, professional and compassionate. He spends time explaining not only the problem you have but the solution as well. Great surgeon!
in Black Mountain, NC |
He was very kind and considerate, gave my good advice, and performed successful surgery. I feel much better now (just two weeks after surgery) than before.
in Weaverville, NC |
Three nurses recommended Dr. David to me. One is an OR nurse who has assisted him with the procedure I had. They said he is the best. I agree! He is very friendly and interested in what I have to say, as well as answering all my questions. Three weeks and three days after my laminectomy, I swam a mile.
in Dandridge, TN |
Dr David is one of the finest surgeons I have ever met. He truly cares for his patients and will take the necessary time to discuss your injury and treatment. After the first visit I knew I had found a Physcian who really cares about seeing that my issue was resolved. After suffering for 7 years Dr David reviewed my case and established an appropriate treatment which consisted of neck surgery to repair disks. I can finally say I am pain free.
in Weaverville, NC |
Dr. David has a great personality. I totally trusted him doing my back surgery. The staff at BRB&J are very friendly. Several weeks after my surgery, I was in pain & they gave me an appointment that afternoon. I highly recommend Dr. David & his staff if you need neck or back surgery.Dr. David answered all of my questions before & after surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen M. David, MD?
Are you Dr. David?

Compare Dr. David

Orthopedic Surgery
Arden, NC 28704

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Why It Matters: Dr. David's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Rib Fracture
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

University Of Toronto / College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1992

Carolinas Med Center

Dr. David has no media or publications listed.

Dr. David does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. David and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. David's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. David

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. David's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. David

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients