Dr. Stephen Cox, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 69

Dr. Cox

"Since I was a child I have suffered from this unknown disorder of fear which as I got older manifested itself into extreme anxiety and panic attacks. There were so many times I didn’t want to leave my house even or they would happen in public around people who didn’t understand nor have compassion. I felt crazy and helpless! I’ve lost jobs missed family events wasn’t there for my kids like I should have been. I have seen Dr. after Dr. sometimes they would help me with the right medicine then say"

Read Review

"Have had clinical depression since I was a small child. I have been “well” for some time thanks to Dr. Cox and his treatment. I take 5 small amounts of different anti-depressants and it was difficult to find the combination that worked, but I am doing very well, am happy and would recommend Dr. Cox to anyone, especially if you are “treatment resistant” as I am. Thanks Dr. Cox!"

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cox

Dr. Cox?
Dr. Cox's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Stephen Cox, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
One of the most professional and caring providers I have experienced with, Let me fist start by saying he is the first psychiatrist I have seen and was not sure what to expect. Dr. Cox was very attentive and listened to all of my needs and concerns. I felt very relaxed to discuss my issues with Dr. Cox, he is the one to see. He is not like other doctor I have ever had and was really surprise when I realized a Doctor like him does exist. He is amazing and is kind along with his wonderful staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
I am glad I went to see Dr. Cox. I have low self esteem, excessive worry about my medical disabilities. This leaves me with depression and extreme anxiety. Dr. Cox specializes in anxiety. I so needed help with my long term uncontrolled anxiety. All this caused my sleep to be interrupted at night. And lots of weight gain. Dr. Cox addressed all my needs. I am forever grateful for his help!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
This review is mostly meant for fellow veterans. Even if Dr. Cox isn't the right fit for you or geographically out of your way, I wanted to share that after ten-plus years of being told I needed specific treatments and not being able to proceed, there are medical professionals with vast knowledge, who will take the time to listen to you and carry out the necessary evaluations, and who will help find the right treatment plan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Cox to anyone. In fact, he's the ONLY psychiatrist I would recommend. My experience with other psychiatrists have been a nightmare. They do not listen, wait times would easily be over an hour, just to be shooed out of the office in 5 minutes. They just wanted to quickly write a prescription and not listen. That's not helpful. I have to pay out of pocked for Dr. Cox and the previous one was free but it's worth it. He listens. He's nice, professional, almost no wait time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
First off i am humble to for the first time ever to write a review for not a dr. As per say but for a cause although my physician is a caring and honest respected medical professional. After all it’s the cause and the focus for that which I am writing this review. My story as there are many in this world for which many have with the disorder I have has there own. Mine started with a simple heart murmur. Born unfortunately as a genetic problem I have an extra electrical pathway inside my heart th
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
Dr. Cox has been my Psychiatrist for many years. I have been diagnosed with several issues including, major depression, anxiety along with several other disorders. When I see Dr. Cox he actually listens to what I say and has compassion along with the medical knowledge that he takes the time to explain to me in terms that I understand. The staff has been wonderful as well, always relaying questions back to me in a timely manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
So glad I went! Before I began seeing Dr. Cox I had been to a number of other providers. For almost three years I was searching for a doctor that would listen to my symptoms. I have always struggled with procrastination, stress, and anxiety. I fell so far behind in my work that I didn’t even want to get out of bed or even make eye-contact with my peers or co-workers. After two visits with Dr. Cox, I feel like a new person! If you are nervous about going, don't be! You will feel right at home!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
Dr. Cox has, without a doubt, helped give me my life back. I have struggled since childhood with health anxiety and it peaked in 2016 when I first made an appt. He worked with me and we found the correct medicine (Sertraline) to help manage my anxiety. After having my son, my health anxiety was once again spiraling out of control and Dr. Cox (once again) helped put a plan in place. I resumed medication and am doing better than ever. I not only recommend but URGE those struggling to make an appt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
If you are suffering from anxiety/panic disorder, there is no one better to help you. I suffer from a panic disorder. I have seem Dr. Cox for many years. He has helped me live with the condition that I have with a fairly reasonable life. The best you will find anywhere!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
Dr.Cox has been a godsend for me. After seeing numerous other doctors with no results I found him. He listens and truly cares. Always calls back if u need him. No wait time in office. Love Dr Cox.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
Ive never met a more caring person ive hidden most of my life always waiting for the other shoe to drop,he has given me the courage to stop hiding in my room,now associating with the people i live with my daughter fiancee grandaughter my fear was overwhelming felt like an elephant was standing on my chest the guilt from not being able to associate with my family,feeling like i was having a heart attack went to the hospital so many times they would make fun of me the staff,he has changed my life
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
He got rid of patients but continues taking new patients???
I apologize. I am soon to be 67 years old. I am...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
I wish he worked out of Cincinnati,i would go to him,i agree totally with the arrival he wrote on panic disorder. KY is lucky. To have him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
Dr. Cox is the best and helpful Dr I've been to, he knows exactly what your condition is and what the proper way to give you the right treatment
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
Dr Cox is the best doctor I have ever been to. He is very easy to talk to and a great listener. No waiting, I have been seeing him around 15 years and have never had more than one other patient in his office. I would recommend highly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
Dr. Cox is THE most compassionate, knowledgeable and congenial doctor I have ever met! If you are a patient, you can be assured you will be treated with respect and dignity. The general medical community should take lessons from Dr. Cox in bedside manner and patient care. He is one of the GOOD guys!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?
Within minutes of talking with him I felt at ease, He reassured me he would help me with all the troubles and problems I have been through and faced,,,,I suffer from extreme panic disorders and very bad anxiety,,,He takes time to listen to everything you have to say..BY FAR, the best Dr. I have ever talked to or ever been to. As I was leaving his office i told him I wouldn't know how to act without worry or have an attack,,he said lets put 2015 behind us and make it happen, Thank you Dr. Cox
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Cox, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cox?

I am a licensed medical physician and a board-certified psychiatrist. I sub-specialize in treating persons who are bothered by anxiety, worry, and stress. I wish to help you to achieve the greatest success in treatment with the least inconvenience an...

• Psychiatry

University Of Kentucky
1975

• French

Dr. Cox accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Check Dr. Cox's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cox's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry