Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Stephen Coppa, DO
Dr. Stephen Coppa, DO is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Bradenton, FL. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Coppa is affiliated with Manatee Memorial Hospital and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center.

PrimeCare of Manatee

6110 53rd Ave E

Bradenton, FL 34203

Learn about Dr. Coppa

At Healthcare America Medical Group, we provide the highest quality medical service for the Entire Family. With a variety of primary care physicians and specialists, our group has your family covered. We have four convenient locations serving Manatee County, including a Walk In Clinic open on weekends, you can always get the care you need, when and where you need it

Dr. Coppa's Experience

Dr. Coppa's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Lutheran Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Staten Island University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Coppa has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Coppa does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Coppa and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Coppa's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Coppa to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Coppa's Performance
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Coppa was not my original primary care physician. I started seeing him as a walk-in when my previous "Family" care doctor had retired. I was immediately impressed with his thorough review of my health profile. Dr. Coppa took the time to talk to me about my health concerns and his recommendations towards my path to correcting current health issues. I have been his patient for many years now and he never ceases to amaze me. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Coppa. Thank you PrimeCare!
in Bradenton, FL |
Just starting seeing him recently and appears to be a good doctor. Having said that, the wait time is outrageous and needs to addressed. I believe the staff (or doc) is over booking intentionally....very annoying.
in Ellington fl |
I researched to find a dr that would understand me and I would be able to communicate with. He was from ny studied in ny and having a Italian heritage helped you may have to wait a bit but he will give you the time you need. I'm very confident in the care I get and he is a very through dr making sure you are up to date with test to be ordered immunizations and labs. I'm very glad to have found him. He really likes to take his time with his regular patients. I'm a frequent flyer to the office
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Coppa has always been professional , considerate and very approachable to talk to. His students from ICOM are very lucky to have him as he is a very knowledgeable teacher. My husband and I like him very much and have recommended him to others.
Bradenton, FL |
Had to wait for an hour before walking out. Stay away from this office.
in Parrish, FL |
Dr. Coppa has been our primary physician for about five years now. We would highly recommend him. He is very patient and thorough and knowledgeable. He knows his stuff. We wil be staying with him.
in Atlanta, GA |
I would recommend Dr.Coppa because he is an excellent physician and very personable. He spends an adequate amount of time to ensure your clear understanding of his medical advice, terms and treatments. He will provide you with his best recommendation prescribed only for each individual. I truly admire his professionalism and at the same time his personable approach. While ensuring that his patients get the best care and treatment; he also provides excellent training for his interns.
in Parrish, FL |
Love the doctor!! Very knowledgable, supportive, knows what he is doing. My only concern is that I have to wait excessive amounts of time in his office to see him, even with an appointment. I have even made a first in the morning appt and STILL had to wait over an hour to see him. I stay because I am now comfortable with him and I really like him but I have considered leaving due to the excessive wait times. My time is just as important as his....
in Bradenton, FL |
Very caring, considerate, takes time to explain and ensure information is understood, would highly recommend him, have referred him to friends and other family members.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Coppa seems knowledgeable, concerned, proactive, and willing to spend time as necessary with his patients. This sometimes means a long wait in an examination/consultation room, but is ultimately worth the wait.
in Rockford, IL |
He is a brilliant dianostision. Takes his time and explains things...
in Alexandria, KY |
he hears what my concerns are. don't pass me off somewhere else. tries to take care of me.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Coppa is thorough, knowledgeable and listens carefully to his patients. He has treated me and other members of my family with very good results.
in Bradenton, FL |
I think Dr. Coppa is a wonderful, caring and knowledgeable.
Bradenton, FL |
He is a very caring person and knowledgeable doctor. He has treated several members of my family and always been extremely respectful
in Bradenton, FL |
I think Dr. Coppa is very through and does not rush your appointment. The biggest problem is that you do not get in on time. It appears that the walk-ins get to see him before those with appointments. One time we had to wait two hours. We never get in on time to see Dr. Coppa and once we are in the examinig room we still have to wait.
in Palmetto, FL |
I've found Dr. Coppa to be attentive and conversant. He explains his diagnois in lay language and seems to be caring. I would definitely recommend him to others.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Coppa is very thorough in every aspect of my healthcare. He listens & reviews my healthcare to me so that it is understandable in layman terms. I trust him explicitly!
in Bradenton, FL |
Takes the time to Listen and truly care about my Health.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Coppa has an excellent way with explainin the goods 'n the bads . I fully trust him 'n his staff to be professional . I enjoy his humor 'n compassion . He keeps up to date with patient's test results which make me feel safe .
in Ellenton, FL |
I like him!!!
in Parrish, FL |
I can't say enough about him. Fantastic!! He is the doctor that was suspisious about my elevated PSA, and took immediate'jumped out of his chair' action to get me in touch with a urologist....he saved my life! Nothing like the man-hating Dr Sheils.
in Bradenton, FL |
takes time to talk to you, very caring
in Buffalo, NY / Bradenton, Florida |
This physician is personable and extraordinarily well informed in his field. I was especially impressed at his ability to listen and act on patient input. For example, I came into his practice with a novel diabetes insulin regimen. It was different. He did not condemn it but tracked the effectiveness of my procedure and after testing, gave it his imprimatur.
in Bradenton, FL |
I have been a patient for about 6 or 7 year, maybe more. He is very kind and intelligent . Have watched him as he trains new medical students and he does very well training & explaining procedures, sort of letting them think it through themselves and then giving directions for next steps. I have recommended him to friends and neighbors . I do wish he could be at the hospital when I have to go, it would be comforting to see a familiar face among all those white coats! Someone who knows about ME!
in Corfu, NY |
Very attentive and follow up.
in Bradenton FL. |
I for one am very happy with Dr. Coppa! He always takes his time & you never feel rushed! He goes over everything with me , making sure I understand & have all the information I need. I changed my insurance so I could go back to him ! Would not change for anyone else ! On a scale of one to ten , I would give him a TEN ! Mary Ann Spencer
in Bradenton. Fl. |
Dr.Coppa was super friendly and probably the best primary doctor I ever had love him.He really shows he cares!
in Bradenton, Florida |
Excellent Doctor!! Very pleased with him and his staff. The only complaint is the wait time which is ridiculous. I had to wait a minimum of 2 hours for each scheduled appointment. the care when I was finally seen was excellent.
in Leesburg, FL |
Dr. Coops was myself and my wife's primary physician for many years. His professional expertise, was far beyond imagination. Since last year we moved to central Fla.,and is extremely difficult to fill dDr. Coppa's shoes.
in Bradenton, FL |
Doctor Coppa is always pleasant and tends to my medical needs extremely well.
in Myakka City Florida |
DR. Coppa has been my primary doctor for over 10yrs, both him and his staff have always treated me well and are all professionals. If not I would go elsewhere. Shane Needham
Bradenton, FL |
Very knowledgeable and will sit and listen and talk to you.
in Bradenton, FL |
He is thorough and helps us understand situations and looks at options. It is good meeting the med students. The nurses and office staff are extremely helpful. I have especially appreciate Sheila and Domenica. They go above and beyond, as does Dr. Coppa.
Great doctor / always took His time and was very thorough.
in Bradenton, FL |
Our first two visits were not great but it was a new office, our third visit was great everything you could ask for from your Doctor
He was very personable and made it easy to talk with him.
good communicator and thorough
Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Coppa is a decent doctor, overall I have had good experiences with him. I have gotten a little irritated when he has in intern working with him as he tends to be a little arrogant, in that it seems as though he is trying to show the intern that he is the man in charge.
in Florida |
Best Doctor ever
in Sarasota, FL |
I have been going to Dr Coppa for over 5 years and find him to be through, has a great manner, and is genuinely concerned about my health. He is a great doctor that I highly recommend.
From the 2 hour wait to looking at Steve's slimy hair, this was the worst Doctor experience I've ever had. Terrible bedside manner and terrible communication. The med students were better than him! Don't go here!!!
St Petersburg, FL |
He is so thorough and really listens.
in Bradenton, FL |
Service was fast, efficient and friendly. Doctor Coppa is excellent, smart, great bedside manner, and easy to communicate to.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Coppa, DO?
Are you Dr. Coppa?