Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismMaleAge 59

Deb K Mukhopadhyay MD PC

653 N Town Center Dr Ste 202 Las Vegas, NV 89144

Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Las Vegas, NV and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Castorino has more experience with Thyroid Disorders and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Drexel University College of Medicine medical school in 2004. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Castorino to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Frequently Treated by Dr. Castorino

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Castorino treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Castorino treats other conditions, please contact the office at (702) 368-2244.

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Castorino is experienced in the area of Thyroid Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring specialists.

Dr. Castorino is experienced in the area of Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

• Animal Allergies
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Bedsores
  • Bladder Infection
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchitis
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Celiac Disease
  • Cell Based Therapy
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Diabetes Management
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Dynamic Endocrine Function Test
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocrine Disorders
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Goiter
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Hypogonadism
  • Hypoparathyroidism
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Obesity Counseling
  • Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
  • Otitis Media
  • Overweight
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Perimenopause
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pollen Allergy
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Water Deprivation Test
  • Wellness Examination

Dr. Castorino accepts

Dr. Castorino accepts the following insurance:

Advantage
Coventry Health Care PPO
Platinum PPO
Culinary Health Fund
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA PPO
Humana PPO
Tricare
Magellan Health Services
Magellan Health Services HMO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid

Dr. Castorino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Castorino

4.3

Dr. Castorino
Best Endocrinologist I've ever been to. Thorough, knowledgeable, and works with you to get you healthy and off all those Meds the other Drs. put you on. Listens closely to you and your symptoms and works strategies with you. Highly recommend him if you want to have a chance at beating Diabetes!!!
Bob Vipperman – Aug 09, 2021
Each visit to Dr S. Castorino at summerlin hospital where his office located, I’m very satisfied with all the treatments and plan discussing every 6 months follow up visits. He’s very knowledgeable, informative and very friendly as my Endcrinologist. I highly recommend this Dr Castorino to see him.
May Granada – May 19, 2021
Dr. Castarino (Dr. C) is absolutely one of the best doctor's that I have ever been to. He takes so much time talking with his patients about test results, treatment options, and expectations. He and his office staff are so quick to reply when I have a question, concerns or a request. Best ever and I so appreciate him and his incredible staff. Thank you Dr. C.
Kimberly A Wiesen – Apr 03, 2021
One of the best endocrinologist in the city of Las Vegas always takes great care of me always looking out for health and well being definitely recommend him
Sonny F – Mar 19, 2021
I'm a patient for Dr. Castorino for a lot of time. He gave me one different medicine until he finds which work better for me. Plus I used several kinds of insulin until aspiration but I feel most comfortable with one which I actually use it. About control my blood sugar he contacts with my insurance for use a meter which I don't need to picker my fingers anytime. I'm happy with this tool and I don't have a lot of pain four times per day to know my blood sugar level before use Insulin. Plus, this meter has an alarm for down and up the sugar level. Always I collaborate with all question about following his instructions, The front desk, si a gentleman and always have a solution for appointment and refill. The Nurse is wonderful and always helps and explains procedures for any issues that you have. Thanks, Dr. Castorino, and all your happy team. MZ
Mafalda Zilleruelo – Aug 24, 2020
Dr. Castorino is the most knowledgeable, caring and compassionate doctor. He takes his time explaining your condition. He and his staff go above and beyond to help you in getting your medications he will give you coupon cards and work with insurances to ensure you are getting the proper medications for the best cost. I can't say enough good about my experience.
Jun 20, 2020
Best Dr. I've come across in Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2020
Dr Castorino gave me a medicine that caused my blood sugar to tank down to 77 after just one pill. When I called to ask why, because that is very very low, he never responded. His receptionist Nathan said I either had to wait 3 weeks until the scheduled appointment or go to ER. What an idiot! Go do ER during the C-19 crisis when a simple 5 minute phone call or response to the text would most likely be helpful? It is obvious that I can't keep taking a RX that causes such a problem and I keep losing weight. Lost another 2 pounds in the last 3 days. I suspect this doctor has no clue why I am losing weight or just doesn't care. Don't know which it is but I won't entrust my health to him and recommend that no one else does either.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Adrienne L Wagner – Apr 03, 2020
I was referred to Dr. Castorino after a nodule was detected on my thyroid. I saw him for 10 minutes. He ordered a diagnostic ultrasound. The week following the ultrasound, a gentleman from his office called to say I needed a biopsy. I have the biopsy and the next day I got a call from a female staff member of his office, who matter-of-factly told me I had thyroid cancer. I would have expected to be called into the office to review my results with the doctor. At the very least, a caring and compassionate doctor would have told me the news and not delegated it to a staff member. As if that weren't bad enough, I told the woman I had some questions for the doctor and she blithely told me that I could ask the ENT they were referring me to for removal of my thyroid my questions, then "goodbye." Hearing you have cancer is one of the worst moments of my life. If you are looking for compassion or professionalism, this is not your doctor.
E. Pavelka – Mar 14, 2020
We recently relocated to Las Vegas from NJ. We selected Dr. Castorino as my husband's endocrinologist to treat diabetes based on his extensive and glowing reviews. Following our first visit today, we are extremely pleased to have found such an outstanding practitioner. Our experience is clearly consistent with that of other reviewers who rated him so highly. He is knowledgeable, down-to-earth, thoughtful, practical and efficient. Look no further. Simply stated, Dr. Castorino is outstanding on every dimension!
Mar 04, 2020
I never got to see Dr Castorino as I did not make it past Tabitha. If you are seeing Dr Castorino for a thyroid issue and are suffering any of the symptoms associated ie weight gain, depression or anxiety I would stay far away from this office! Tabitha is absolutely the rudest person I have come in contact with at ANY doctors office. I left in tears. I am bulimic, have gained 20lbs in 4 months and was scared to death as I was there for a large mass on my thyroid. Instead of trying to understand what I was going through she became belligerent when I tried to explain why I did not want to get on the scale until after I had spoken to the doctor. It was the worst experience I have ever had at any doctors office. I am sure Dr Castorino is a wonderful doctor but Tabitha is a horror.
Oct 31, 2019
Excellent doctor, little wait time, and efficient staff
Grey in Vegas, NV – Jun 24, 2019
He is great. He listens and tries to help you any way he can. He wrote a prescription that saved me on the copay and even gave me a discount card. He truly wants to make you better.
Mar 28, 2019
He listened!!! I had been referred to another Endocrinologist who didn't listen to anything I had to say. And, that Endo Doc ordered $2.000 worth of testing to see what the issue was - when my blood test results already showed a very high testosterone level for a woman of my age. At that point, I knew I had to get a second opinion and I found Dr. Castorino. He listened to my concerns and believed me! We agreed on a treatment plan - saving me money, stress, and very literally...my hair!!
San Francisco, CA – Mar 17, 2017
This is by and large the worst medical experience of my life. I frankly think that medical board should take Dr. Castorino’s license away. He is dangerous as a human being and a doctor. I knew that I have an under-active thyroid and came to Dr. Castorino hoping for treatment. He did give me a consultation and send me to get lab work for thyroid panel. I paid out of pocket for both his visit and the lab work, around $350. After blood work came back, Dr Castorino simply never returned my calls and
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Irena in Salt Lake City, UT – Dec 26, 2016
I just met Dr Castorino and his staff yesterday after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a month ago. I left his office feeling like I was floating! For the first time, I felt good about being a diabetic! He was so positive and encouraging! It is so hard to find a doctor that you actually like! He explained things in a way that makes sense!!! I know this is the start to a life long journey...I am so happy to take this journey with Dr Castorino as my guide!!! Thank you very much!!!!
Kim C in Las Vegas, NV – Dec 01, 2016
This is the best doctor I have ever seen.I have been suffering with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I was not willing to accept that this is what the rest of my life was going to feel like.There have to be answers for me.Doctor Castorino was very personal, listened, looked at my history, and treated me like a person, not a case.He understood how to help me get back on my feet while at the same time helping me figure out the best way to approach my personal issues.He understood!!!Best doc ever.
Jo in Henderson, NV – Jul 29, 2016
This doctor is the 1st one I've found that I actually liked and felt confidence in for the last 10 years! He is friendly yet professional & doesn't come across as a demigod and actually educates his patients beyond what any of the others I've been to have done.
Barbara R in Las Vegas, NV – Jul 25, 2016
Dr. Castorino does abide by his philosophy which is to listen to the patient. I have a complicated endocrinological auto-immune disease. He is slowly changing my meds and I have felt quite a bit better. He believes in taking things slow. He is extremely knowledgeable about the entirety of a healthy working body. That is his goal of treatment (or at least to get as close as he can). He has a forward looking approach to treatment. My longest wait time was 15min. He will also take more time prn.
Sandra P-R in Bullhead City, AZ – Jul 18, 2016
He is best doctor i have ever met..really listens to you...give you best advice...do happy that i didn't go to any other endocronoligist :) i saw his reviews on this site and he is really what people say about him down to earth very nice person :)
Sahil in Las vegas NV – Jun 30, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Castorino?

Treating Aging as a Disease, from the Inside OUT. Using Common Sense and actually listening to patients goes a long way in treating Endocrine Conditions.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Diabetes Education Nursing
  • Endocrine Pathology
  • Nursing (Registered Nurse)
  • Surgical (Selective) Pathology