Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism •  Male • Age 58

Dr. Castorino
Telehealth services available
653 N Town Center Dr Las Vegas, NV 89144

Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Las Vegas, NV and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Castorino has more experience with Diabetes and Thyroid Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Drexel University College of Medicine medical school in 2004. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Castorino to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in Las Vegas

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Castorino accepts

Dr. Castorino accepts the following insurance:

Advantage
Coventry Health Care PPO
Platinum PPO
Culinary Health Fund
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA PPO
Humana PPO
Tricare
Magellan Health Services
Magellan Health Services HMO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
WellCare
WellCare PPO
WellPoint
WellPoint PPO

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes specialists.

Typically treats 75% more than their peers

Dr. Castorino treats Diabetes Type 2 more than 90% of their peers

Dr. Castorino treats this condition more than 90% of their peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
high

Dr. Castorino treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 88% of their peers

Dr. Castorino treats this condition more than 88% of their peers

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 75% more than their peers

• Joint Injection
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Obesity Counseling
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Dr. Castorino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Castorino

4.3

Dr. Castorino?
Dr. Castorino is the most knowledgeable, caring and compassionate doctor. He takes his time explaining your condition. He and his staff go above and beyond to help you in getting your medications he will give you coupon cards and work with insurances to ensure you are getting the proper medications for the best cost. I can't say enough good about my experience.
Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Best Dr. I've come across in Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Dr Castorino gave me a medicine that caused my blood sugar to tank down to 77 after just one pill. When I called to ask why, because that is very very low, he never responded. His receptionist Nathan said I either had to wait 3 weeks until the scheduled appointment or go to ER. What an idiot! Go do ER during the C-19 crisis when a simple 5 minute phone call or response to the text would most likely be helpful? It is obvious that I can't keep taking a RX that causes such a problem and I keep losing weight. Lost another 2 pounds in the last 3 days. I suspect this doctor has no clue why I am losing weight or just doesn't care. Don't know which it is but I won't entrust my health to him and recommend that no one else does either.
Adrienne L Wagner – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Castorino after a nodule was detected on my thyroid. I saw him for 10 minutes. He ordered a diagnostic ultrasound. The week following the ultrasound, a gentleman from his office called to say I needed a biopsy. I have the biopsy and the next day I got a call from a female staff member of his office, who matter-of-factly told me I had thyroid cancer. I would have expected to be called into the office to review my results with the doctor. At the very least, a caring and compassionate doctor would have told me the news and not delegated it to a staff member. As if that weren't bad enough, I told the woman I had some questions for the doctor and she blithely told me that I could ask the ENT they were referring me to for removal of my thyroid my questions, then "goodbye." Hearing you have cancer is one of the worst moments of my life. If you are looking for compassion or professionalism, this is not your doctor.
E. Pavelka – Mar 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
We recently relocated to Las Vegas from NJ. We selected Dr. Castorino as my husband's endocrinologist to treat diabetes based on his extensive and glowing reviews. Following our first visit today, we are extremely pleased to have found such an outstanding practitioner. Our experience is clearly consistent with that of other reviewers who rated him so highly. He is knowledgeable, down-to-earth, thoughtful, practical and efficient. Look no further. Simply stated, Dr. Castorino is outstanding on every dimension!
Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
I never got to see Dr Castorino as I did not make it past Tabitha. If you are seeing Dr Castorino for a thyroid issue and are suffering any of the symptoms associated ie weight gain, depression or anxiety I would stay far away from this office! Tabitha is absolutely the rudest person I have come in contact with at ANY doctors office. I left in tears. I am bulimic, have gained 20lbs in 4 months and was scared to death as I was there for a large mass on my thyroid. Instead of trying to understand what I was going through she became belligerent when I tried to explain why I did not want to get on the scale until after I had spoken to the doctor. It was the worst experience I have ever had at any doctors office. I am sure Dr Castorino is a wonderful doctor but Tabitha is a horror.
Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Excellent doctor, little wait time, and efficient staff
Grey in Vegas, NV – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
He is great. He listens and tries to help you any way he can. He wrote a prescription that saved me on the copay and even gave me a discount card. He truly wants to make you better.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
He listened!!! I had been referred to another Endocrinologist who didn't listen to anything I had to say. And, that Endo Doc ordered $2.000 worth of testing to see what the issue was - when my blood test results already showed a very high testosterone level for a woman of my age. At that point, I knew I had to get a second opinion and I found Dr. Castorino. He listened to my concerns and believed me! We agreed on a treatment plan - saving me money, stress, and very literally...my hair!!
San Francisco, CA – Mar 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
This is by and large the worst medical experience of my life. I frankly think that medical board should take Dr. Castorino’s license away. He is dangerous as a human being and a doctor. I knew that I have an under-active thyroid and came to Dr. Castorino hoping for treatment. He did give me a consultation and send me to get lab work for thyroid panel. I paid out of pocket for both his visit and the lab work, around $350. After blood work came back, Dr Castorino simply never returned my calls and
Irena in Salt Lake City, UT – Dec 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
I just met Dr Castorino and his staff yesterday after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a month ago. I left his office feeling like I was floating! For the first time, I felt good about being a diabetic! He was so positive and encouraging! It is so hard to find a doctor that you actually like! He explained things in a way that makes sense!!! I know this is the start to a life long journey...I am so happy to take this journey with Dr Castorino as my guide!!! Thank you very much!!!!
Kim C in Las Vegas, NV – Dec 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
This is the best doctor I have ever seen.I have been suffering with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I was not willing to accept that this is what the rest of my life was going to feel like.There have to be answers for me.Doctor Castorino was very personal, listened, looked at my history, and treated me like a person, not a case.He understood how to help me get back on my feet while at the same time helping me figure out the best way to approach my personal issues.He understood!!!Best doc ever.
Jo in Henderson, NV – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
This doctor is the 1st one I've found that I actually liked and felt confidence in for the last 10 years! He is friendly yet professional & doesn't come across as a demigod and actually educates his patients beyond what any of the others I've been to have done.
Barbara R in Las Vegas, NV – Jul 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Dr. Castorino does abide by his philosophy which is to listen to the patient. I have a complicated endocrinological auto-immune disease. He is slowly changing my meds and I have felt quite a bit better. He believes in taking things slow. He is extremely knowledgeable about the entirety of a healthy working body. That is his goal of treatment (or at least to get as close as he can). He has a forward looking approach to treatment. My longest wait time was 15min. He will also take more time prn.
Sandra P-R in Bullhead City, AZ – Jul 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
He is best doctor i have ever met..really listens to you...give you best advice...do happy that i didn't go to any other endocronoligist :) i saw his reviews on this site and he is really what people say about him down to earth very nice person :)
Sahil in Las vegas NV – Jun 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Great doctor. Really listens to his patients. Takes time to listen and explain. Never talks down to you. Respectful and kind. I would definitely recommend him to others.
Lisa Bennett in BULLHEAD City, Arizona – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Dr. Castirino is super smart but not egotistical. Very down to earth and compassionate.
Otto in Henderson, NV – Mar 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Dr Castorino is an excellent doctor to go to. He is very knowledgeable in what he knows and takes the time to listen and spend as much time needed to answer questions. He goes beyond making sure his patients take good care of themselves.
Jeannie M in Las Vegas, NV – Mar 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Wonderful doctor great bedside manners, listens to the patient's and has made great decisions on treatments. Great doctor...
Cynthia in Las Vegas NV – Feb 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?
Wonderful bedside manner. He genuinely cares for his patients and is very knowledgable and stays abreast of new medications, ideas etc. Wonderful Dr!
Feb 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Castorino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Castorino?

Treating Aging as a Disease, from the Inside OUT. Using Common Sense and actually listening to patients goes a long way in treating Endocrine Conditions.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Diabetes Education Nursing
  • Endocrine Pathology
  • Nursing (Registered Nurse)
  • Surgical (Selective) Pathology

University of Pennsylvania Health System
1999
Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Castorino communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Castorino offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Castorino offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Castorino have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Castorino offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Castorino offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (702) 368-2244