Dr. Stephen C. Castorino, MD

Dr. Stephen C. Castorino, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male | 55 years old

59 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Treating Aging as a Disease, from the Inside OUT. Using Common Sense and actually listening to patients goes a long way in treating Endocrine Conditions.Read more

Dr. Castorino's Experience

See how Dr. Castorino's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Castorino

Dr. Castorino accepts 27 insurance carriers

Dr. Castorino's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Castorino to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Castorino's Performance
San Francisco, CA |
He listened!!! I had been referred to another Endocrinologist who didn't listen to anything I had to say. And, that Endo Doc ordered $2.000 worth of testing to see what the issue was - when my blood test results already showed a very high testosterone level for a woman of my age. At that point, I knew I had to get a second opinion and I found Dr. Castorino. He listened to my concerns and believed me! We agreed on a treatment plan - saving me money, stress, and very literally...my hair!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
This is by and large the worst medical experience of my life. I frankly think that medical board should take Dr. Castorino’s license away. He is dangerous as a human being and a doctor. I knew that I have an under-active thyroid and came to Dr. Castorino hoping for treatment. He did give me a consultation and send me to get lab work for thyroid panel. I paid out of pocket for both his visit and the lab work, around $350. After blood work came back, Dr Castorino simply never returned my calls and
in Las Vegas, NV |
I just met Dr Castorino and his staff yesterday after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a month ago. I left his office feeling like I was floating! For the first time, I felt good about being a diabetic! He was so positive and encouraging! It is so hard to find a doctor that you actually like! He explained things in a way that makes sense!!! I know this is the start to a life long journey...I am so happy to take this journey with Dr Castorino as my guide!!! Thank you very much!!!!
in Henderson, NV |
This is the best doctor I have ever seen.I have been suffering with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I was not willing to accept that this is what the rest of my life was going to feel like.There have to be answers for me.Doctor Castorino was very personal, listened, looked at my history, and treated me like a person, not a case.He understood how to help me get back on my feet while at the same time helping me figure out the best way to approach my personal issues.He understood!!!Best doc ever.
in Las Vegas, NV |
This doctor is the 1st one I've found that I actually liked and felt confidence in for the last 10 years! He is friendly yet professional & doesn't come across as a demigod and actually educates his patients beyond what any of the others I've been to have done.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Castorino does abide by his philosophy which is to listen to the patient. I have a complicated endocrinological auto-immune disease. He is slowly changing my meds and I have felt quite a bit better. He believes in taking things slow. He is extremely knowledgeable about the entirety of a healthy working body. That is his goal of treatment (or at least to get as close as he can). He has a forward looking approach to treatment. My longest wait time was 15min. He will also take more time prn.
in Las vegas NV |
He is best doctor i have ever met..really listens to you...give you best advice...do happy that i didn't go to any other endocronoligist :) i saw his reviews on this site and he is really what people say about him down to earth very nice person :)
in BULLHEAD City, Arizona |
Great doctor. Really listens to his patients. Takes time to listen and explain. Never talks down to you. Respectful and kind. I would definitely recommend him to others.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Castirino is super smart but not egotistical. Very down to earth and compassionate.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Castorino is an excellent doctor to go to. He is very knowledgeable in what he knows and takes the time to listen and spend as much time needed to answer questions. He goes beyond making sure his patients take good care of themselves.
in Las Vegas NV |
Wonderful doctor great bedside manners, listens to the patient's and has made great decisions on treatments. Great doctor...
Wonderful bedside manner. He genuinely cares for his patients and is very knowledgable and stays abreast of new medications, ideas etc. Wonderful Dr!
Dr. Castorino has great bedside manner, he's easy to talk to, he listens and is willing to do whatever it takes to get you feeling better. In 14 years, after 8 different Endocrinologists and a few Internal MDs or DOs, I finally found the Doctor that is not stuck in protocol mode. He treats the patient not the lab results. So far, I'm thrilled! The staff is friendly too!
Have you seen Dr. Stephen C. Castorino, MD?
Are you Dr. Castorino?

Compare Dr. Castorino

Dr. Castorino's Care Philosophy

Dr. Castorino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Endocrinology

Dr. Castorino has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Castorino's Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Hospital University of Pennsylvania

Completed in 2005

Mercy Hospital

Completed in 2007

american academy of anti-aging medicine

Completed in 2009

Graduated in 1999

• Other Education
    Hospital University of Pennsylvania

Completed in 2004

Dr. Castorino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Castorino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Cell Based Therapy
  • Chronic Diabetes Management
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Joint Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)