Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Stephen Cairone, DO
Dr. Stephen Cairone, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Langhorne, PA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Cairone is affiliated with RWJ University Hospital Hamilton, Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell and St. Mary Medical Center.

Mercer-Bucks Orthopaedics

• CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Cairone

I believe in doing surgery only when needed and only after all conservative measures have been exhausted. I pride myself on being up to date surgically with the most current minimally invasive technology for spine surgery. The fields of disc replacement and minimally invasive lumbar surgery are making recovery much faster and less painful, with excellent results.

Dr. Cairone's Experience

Dr. Cairone's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Lycoming College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • University Of Pennsylvania-Spine Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Cairone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cairone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cairone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cairone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cairone to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Cairone's Performance
in Southampton, PA |
Dr Cairone was very attentive to my issue (sciatica from herniated L4). Went for consultation and was sent for an MRI. After seeing the severity of the herniation on the MRI, it was decided to perform a Microdiscectomy, Pain was gone the day of the procedure. I am very happy with my results. Dr Cairone answered any and all questions I had. Nicole, his assistant has been very helpful, as well. All the staff has been a big help during this process, including dealing with my 3 insurance companies!
in Philadelphia, PA |
When I first went to the practice I was in agony from back pain. I had no idea what doctor I was going to see but Dr. Cairone made me feel at ease and just gave me the facts of what needed to be done to fix me. It was a long few weeks of pain but now that it is 2 weeks after the surgery I can not stress how happy I am that even at 88 years old the relief I have had. I would definitely recommend this practice to anyone. And Nicole would be the kind of employee any organization would love to have!
in Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Cairone did a wonderful job at getting my life back. I was in such severe pain that I could not walk or perform any of my usual activities for months. My back surgery was the answer to my prayers and Dr. Cairone did a wonderful job at getting me back on my feet in the matter of a day!!! Thank you for everything!
Levittown |
*Before reading this review, I want to state that I am familiar with how the process of dealing with an orthopedic typically goes as far as jumping though hoops. Let me just start with WOW! What a jerkoff. First you get to use their advanced Ipad system to register (it's as advanced as a gameboy) and then you get wait 45 minutes for your appt. Next you're led back for a 2 minute consult before you get pushed out the door for PT. NO diagnosis, the nurse will spend more time with you then he does
in Asbury Park, NJ |
Went to go see Dr. Cairone after another doctor in the office recommended him to me. I see that many people see Dr. Cairone as "mean" or "could care less", but I believe he is a good doctor who is straight to the point and direct with you. He performed a laminectomy on my L4, L5,S1. Before the operation, I had chronic back pain with pain that would shoot down my legs all the way into my big toe. After the operation, the pain was gone and now, 8 week later, I feel as good as I did before.
in Levittown, PA |
Was referred to Dr. Cairone by my PCP. After seeing my X-rays and talking to me, we decided on a conservative treatment first. When that didn't prove to work, we agreed to kyphoplasty and he got me in the OR quickly. Surgery was successful and I've been pain-free since. Found Dr. Cairone to be pleasant, intelligent and easy to work with. I recommend him highly.
in Penndel PA |
I had a wonderful experience with Doctor Cairone and his assistant Amada Fleischut when I was treated for spinal stenosis at Mercer Bucks Ortho. After going thru pain management and therapy I finally agreed to have the surgery .Dr. Cairone reviewed my MRI in detail with me. He explained what was causing my pain and that the surgery would help. My surgery was on 6/7/16. I feel like the results were a miracle. A gift from an excellent surgeon to his patient. What a gift. No pain so God Bless.
in Morrisville, PA |
Following up for Disabled Vet's review. He got 2 second opinions from MD's, both of whom said he should most certainly follow up with physical therapy, or back excercises, and that he should certainly always seek another opinion, should never give up hope, and think he should have to live with pain for the rest of his life. He was told to do back exercises, and go back to the doctor in month, and if the pain hadn't subsided, she would send him for an MRI. Cairone was mean to a vet with PTSD.
in Morrisville, PA |
At the post op appt, he said no PT. He said if the pain didn't go away, nothing he can do about it, and only time will tell. Asked if 2nd surgery would help, said I'd just have to live with pain for the rest of my life. Obvious he couldn't WAIT til I left. He was calous and full of himself. He botched the Kyphoplasty. Could tell by the look on his face, when I told him the right side of my back still hurt but center pain completely gone. I suggested MRI post surgery. He said No it wouldn't help
in Newtown, PA |
Spent no time with me. He made me feel very defensive during the visit. He is very full of himself.
in Levittown, PA |
guy is not belivable, i didnt feel comfortable with his ablities didnt do well after my surgery wish i went with a different surgeon , might need to have corrective surgery too fix his work
in Warminster, PA |
seems he couldnt care less , just going thru the motions i think there are way better surgeons around
in Langhorne, PA |
On 2/8/16 Dr Cairone performed a spinal laminectomy L3, L4 anL5. The purpose of the procedure was to remove severe pain After the operation I had zero pain. I found Dr. Cairone sensitive to my concerns & attentive to me. He answered my questions in detail. He listens and then responds. I can not praise him enough, except to say, if you have pain similar to mine you can do no better than Dr Cairone. You will walk into his in pain, & later, chances are, you will have no pain.
in Levittown, PA |
ignorant, self centered dick, doesnt listen too what you are telling him will do whats best for himself , calls you a liar if he disagrees with what you are telling him. signed off on my back too work order even though i have other injuries and screwed me over big time, i may not be able too get my other spinal injuries repaired and lose my benefiits. PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE for other better qualified surgeons. im barely able too walk and am sti in pain after he worked on my lower back
Philadelphia, PA |
I would recommend another Specialist before see Dr. Cairone again. Since I have long hair and was on SSD He treated me with no respect. I was recommended by another Orthopaedic who recently did a total knee replacement. I've been diagnosed with degenerated & herniated discs for many years . After my TKR I knew my back would be realigning itself . I had a pinched sciatic nerve for two months I first went to pain management no relief.so I made an appointment with Dr Cairone I WISH I HADNT
in Langhorne, PA |
Dr Cairone refused to discuss any options other than major reconstructive surgery on my spine. He was curt and very dismissive of my questions about less extreme measures of dealing with my back and leg pain.
in Yardley, PA |
I wish I could give Dr Cairone 10 stars. Not only is he a talented surgeon but he listens to your questions - actually sits down, looks you in the eye & addresses concerns. Many patients come in wanting the quick fix. I did, too, but you have to prove to him that you need surgery. He will not just cut you open for the sake of doing surgery. Do PT, have the epidurals, listen to his reasons for asking you to do it, then consider surgery. I don't wish for surgery again but wouldn't hesitate w/ him.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Cairone, DO?
Are you Dr. Cairone?