Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Stephen Brown, DDS
Dr. Stephen Brown, DDS is a dentist who practices in Fredericksburg, VA. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Brown is affiliated with John Randolph Medical Center and CJW Medical Center - Chippenham.

210 Executive Center Pkwy

Fredericksburg, VA 22401

• American General
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Brown

Please visit our website @ http://dentalsurgeryvirginia.com

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Pediatric Dental Exam
  • Root Canal
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• College Of William and Mary
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Wilford Hall Us Air Force Med Ctr Lackland Afb
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Gpr Andrews Air Force Base
    Other Education | Completed 1981

Dr. Brown has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Brown's Performance
in Stafford, VA |
Wonderful dental experience I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to dental work. I recently had some severe dental pain and had to be seen. The staff got me in quickly and were so friendly. Dr. Brown took the time to explain what he was doing. He made me feel comfortable and at ease. My mouth feels better and I would highly recommend visiting them.
in Montross, Virginia |
I am seventy two years old and have seen a good number of dentists in my life time, and I Would Say, Without Any Hesitation, That Dr. Brown Is, THE VERY BEST, Dentist & Oral Surgeon, That I Have EVER Been To, Bar None ! He Takes The Time to Fully Explain Everything and gives you Plenty Of Time to ask any questions, HE'S IS JUST, THAT GREAT, as is his Wonderful Staff !! And I would, Definitely Recommend, Dr. Brown, To All Of My Family and Friends !!
Chesterfield, VA |
Dr. Brown and his office staff are the best in town! He relieved my pain and took exceptional care of me. I was able to secure a same day appointment and glad his staff could expedite my care to alleviate the toothache and get me back to work. The office was probably one of the nicest doctors offices I have been in.
Dallas, TX |
From the minute I walked in the door I knew I was in an office that valued patient care. I was in so much pain from my toothache and Dr. Brown got me in same day. His front office staff took the time to explain the intricacies of my insurance. I was also able to complete a payment plan on site with successful expedited approval. All of this administrative work was completed same day in order for me to not only see the doctor for consult but also get my surgery to alleviate the pain. The thing I
in Fredericksburg, |
Wonderful caring, and quick service. I experienced a broken tooth that had undergone a root canal. I ignored the tooth for a couple of years, until it developed an infection. I could no longer ignore it, though I did try. As the infection grew worse, I finally called around to find a dentist who could see me. I was able to call and get an appointment on the same day. The examination confirmed my fears of infection, and I got a prescription for an antibiotic, and an appointment for surgery to re
Fredericksburg, VA |
Wonderful dentist! Would go back if not for the awful front office staff whom are extremely rude and do not care for your concerns. Billing and insurance is a nightmare.
Fredericksburg, VA |
I am very dissatisfied with the explanation of the procedures. They performed a procedure that was not explained or even spoken about during the entire visit or follow-up. The office scheduled appointments 15 minutes before they even opened the front door. The front desk staff is argumentative and sarcastic with financial information. I brought in my child who was extremely nervous about the procedure and I feel that was taken advantage of.
in Chesterfield, VA |
Embed review Edit review 5.0 star rating 1/5/2017 ABSOLUTELY GO TO THIS OFFICE. Dr. Brown made me feel so comfortable. His explanations were great. I was really concerned about having my wisdom teeth removed. The staff were very accommodating and made me feel right at home. The office was beautifully decorated. It was so clean and appealing. Dr. Brown was the icing on the cake. Clearly he cares about his patients and is very willing to take the time to explain everything to his patients.
in FAIRFAX |
This is a wonderful office. I went there because I had a very bad wisdom tooth. My dentist could not pull the tooth but contacted Dr. Brown. I was seen the next day. Dr. Brown explained everything and was very professional . The office staff was very organized and explained the insurance straight away. Just a super, duper great office. WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!!!!
in FREDERICKSBURG, VA |
My dentist sent me over to see Dr. Brown for my wisdom teeth. I wanted to go to sleep because I was scared to death. He explained everything to be and offered to provide same day care. These wisdom teeth were hurting real bad and I was so scared. My painful wisdom teeth are gone and it was relatively painless. I was provided pain medications but did not take them. I was fine with just Motrin. This office is wonderful. DR. BROWN HAS A GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER AND EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. GO THER
in Fredericksburg, VA |
I am very sensitive to pain. After extraction of large molar, I had absolutely no pain to speak of which indicated to me that the surgery went very smoothly by an expert dental surgeon, unlike previous experiences in my youth. This was the first time that I experienced anesthesia for a tooth extraction--it worked out perfectly for me, and I am so happy with the outcome. The doctor did exactly what he said he was going to do and explained everything thoroughly before proceeding. No surprises.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
My son had his wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Brown. The care he received was excellent. We were seen on time and were briefed on what to expect after the extraction. The follow up appointment was handled the same way. Dr. Brown provided excellent care and he his staff lives up to that same standard.
in Hopewell, VA |
I've never had a tooth pulled before and was very nervous about the process going in to have my wisdom teeth out on August 4th, especially as the bottom were both sideways. Dr. Brown and his staff were very reassuring and calming, polite, and helpful from the moment I walked in the door. At his recommendation I only had my bottom wisdom teeth extracted and there was minimal pain in the few days afterward, and I am healing great according to my follow up yesterday. Will come again if needed.
Fairfax, VA |
I would like to personally thank Dr. Brown and his staff for such loving care. Upon arrival I could immediately tell the staff was genuine and caring. Smiles galore. They readily welcome you to the office and explain everything. Dr. Brown has one of the best bedside manners and answers your questions before you even ask. Dynamite practice with great staff. Dr. Brown was able to file my wisdom tooth to medical insurance and only a copay occurred.
in South Hill, VA |
I went in to have 4 wisdom teeth extracted, with anesthesia. When I called to make the appt, they asked me to bring $300 with me; when I asked how much my total would, they advised that they had never seen anyone with insurance pay more than $600 out of pocket. We arrived the day of surgery, paid the $300, and were told that each tooth costs just under $200 before insurance. The bill came- they charged me $1293 AFTER insurance paid over $600, and they can't seem to understand my frustration.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Brown was nice enough, but my experience with his billing person has been extremely difficult. I filed a complaint with BBB for incorrect billing that is still pending. It seems there have already been (3) other complaints directly related to billing filed with BBB since Aug 2015. Dr. Browns response to BBB, indicated I was at fault, and shifts the blame to the customer instead of investigating his staff actions. He has not called me to discuss, he just takes the word of his staff.
in RICHMOND |
I love Dr.Brown he definitely eased my nervousness.I can barley feel anything...3 days post
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Brown, DDS?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Traditional Choice POS
    Traditional Choice PPO
    Worker's Compensation WC
  • American General
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Employee Health Systems
  • Employers Health Network
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Fortis Benefits Insurance Company
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA PPO