Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Stephen Bogosian, MD
Dr. Bogosian is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in joint replacement and fracture care. He earned a bachelor's degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point and his medical degree from SUNY Medical Center. His post-graduate training was completed in California, New York and Massachusetts. Dr. Bogosian served four years in the military. He has extensively published and presented orthopedic research. Dr. Bogosian has also participated in the Operation Walk Syracuse.

5700 W Genesee St Ste 112

Camillus, NY 13031

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CareSource
  • Fidelis Care
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Bogosian

Dr. Bogosian's Experience

Dr. Bogosian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Us Military Academy
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • SUNY Upstate Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • New England Baptist Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Bogosian has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bogosian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bogosian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bogosian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bogosian to family and friends
Dr. Bogosian's Performance
in Poland, NY |
Dr. Bogosian is the finest orthopedist that I have had care for me. I have had several orthopedic surgeons care for me over the years and he out shines all of them. He is professional and confident but also very attuned to your needs and concerns. I had a total hip replacement by Dr. Bogosian 6 yrs ago & it was a wonderful experience. Most recently I had a very complicated knee replacement/reconstruction. I had total confidence in how he handled it. My recovery is going extremely well.
in Syracuse, NY |
I had a total hip replacememt (lateral) at age 42. I could hardly walk and was unable to do simple everyday tasks before the surgery. Now, just being able to walk without pain and a limp Is a gift. Very pleased with my results and Dr. Bogosian. I Highly recommend him.
Cortland, NY |
Dr. Bogosian gave me a new knee and I can't say enough about the superb results! Dr. Bogosian is always very professional and competent as well as personable. I am so fortunate to have been guided to him for my orthopedic needs.
in Auburn, NY |
Our experience with Dr. Bogosian was nothing short of excellence. From our first appointment Dr. Bogosian was not eager to go straight to surgery but to look for other alternatives to help alleviate the pain that my husband was having in his knee. He was very kind and compassionate and talked through each and every option that we had available to us. We did have knee surgery and my husbands knee is great 100% range in motion Thanks to a great Doctor. Thank you
in Jamesville,NY |
Dr. Bogosian is the only orthopedic surgeon as far as I'm concerned if you want a truly 5 star experience. I have had two hip replacements in the last 2-3 years with fantastic results. He is not only a student of medical evolution but a mentor as well. He is compassionate when asked but also exhibits rigidity to process when it comes to your future health. If contemplating hip replacement, Your quality of life depends on it and schedule your last consultation with Dr. Bogasian
in Cape Vincent, NY |
I had an excellent experience Dr. Bogosian replaced both knees an I feel better than I have felt in 30 years the surgery went great and the recovery was not to bad at all in less than one year both knees replaced an I'm going back to work thank you Dr Bogosian and NP Ms. Butler and staff.
I would recommend Dr. Bogosian to any body who is in need of of joint replacement. We have had Dr. Bogosian replace a hip in 2 members of my family and my knee with no problems.
in Syracuse, NY |
Dr. Bogosian was awesome - extremely knowledgeable - so glad I had the surgery done. He performed a left knee replacement. The surgery was uneventful. I knew what to expect (based on what Dr. Bogosian and I discussed) before I had the surgery which was extremely helpful. He visited everyday in the hospital to make sure I was progressing. After care has been great-Physical Therapy at SOS with Stacy and John was so important in my recovery. They were excellent. Thanks Dr. B for everything!
Dr. Bogosian is an excellent surgeon who takes the time to discuss your treatment options and any concerns you may have. I have only positive things to say about Dr. Bogosian and the staff, from the initial consultation through the surgerical procedure and follow up appointments. I am very happy with the result of my procedure.
Syracuse, NY |
Dr. Bogosian listens and explains your issues clearly. He gives you treatment options beginning with the least invasive.
in Baldwinsville, NY |
I feel confident with him.
Potsdam, NY |
he wasted no time informing me that i need surgery..pleasant ...business like
in Lee Center, NY |
Very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain your medical condition. One of the best doctors I have ever had.
in Auburn, NY |
Dr. Bogosian is an amazing doctor. He has done a complete knee replacement for me back in 2010 and performed emergency surgery for a fractured femur bone on me this past August. He does phenomenal work and I have had amazing results from both surgeries.
in Oswego, NY |
Dr. Bogosian listens to you. I find that a very outstanding quality in a doctor. He explains every thing to you in detail.... In my book he is excellent.
in East Syracuse NY |
He is always compassionate and understanding . He listens and answers your questions . Never makes you feel rushed or just like another patient in his day. I trust him and his medical opinion 100%!
East Syracuse, NY |
I'm not sure. This was my first visit to SOS/ Dr. Bogosian. So, all I can really say is good. Waiting time was short, visitation was short. Maybe next time I'll be better able to evaluate.
in Chaumont, NY |
Listens to concerns, genuine, explains condition in easy to understand terms
in union springs,n.y. |
through great explanations ,informative
Syracuse, NY |
Nice man, is patient, answers my questions.
Cicero, NY |
Took his time with me listening to my concerns and giving me advice and information concerning my problem
in Homer, NY |
Dr. Bogosian is a skilled, thorough physician. His focus on patient well-being is paramount in his interactions with patients. He may be more conservative in his approach to rehab than others, but I think this is because of his training and patient concern. I have recommended him to many of my friends and acquaintances.
in Syracuse, NY |
Great responsibility and great care! And this is across the spectrum of care and back office billing. I'm impressed with the universal quality of the care you all provide.
in 8291 state rt 34 weedsport ny 13166 |
I like his honesty and being straightforward.. He takes time and explains, and answers your questions. I have a lot of faith in him.
Syracuse, NY |
I was in severe pain before the surgery and Dr. Bogosian took the necessary steps to eliminate the pain before I had the surgery. I experienced no pain during or after surgery. Dr. Bogosian visited everyday in the hospital to check on my condition. Pain meds were rarely needed after my discharge from the hospital in 3 days. The surgical team did an excellent skin closure that was admired by my outstanding physical therapist. I remain pain free since the surgery! Thanks Dr. Bogosian!!
in Cazenovia, NY |
Very satisfying, and encouraging. Recommendations made sense and have proved to be helpful.
in Syracuse, NY |
He always takes the time to listen and also explains everything very clearly and in layman terms.
in Syracuse, NY |
I have had tooth cleanings that were more painful than my two hip replacements Dr Bogosian comes to the examing room having read the chart prior to walking in the door. Dr B is an exceptionally gifted surgeon. One of my hips was a major mess and he repaired surrounding site and replaced it so it felt better than it had my whole life. He is thorough, he listens, he takes time to explain and answers all questions. He is professional, kind and at the same time friendly.
in Oswego, NY |
On time, professional and very knowledgeable
in McGraw, NY |
I found Dr. Bogosian to be very personable as well as professional, during the process of having both knee's replaced Dr. Bogosian explained the process in a way that I knew exactly what was going to happen and how.
in Chaumont, NY |
I am so happy to be pain free since I received treatment in my knee.
My Mom was his patient. He was very friendly and treated her nicely. We liked him.
in Syracuse, NY |
I had a hip replacement performed by Dr. Bogosian on March 17, 2015 and had my most recent follow-up appointment with him today. Dr. Bogosian has embodied everything a patient could wish for in terms of medical excellence, personal attention to a patient's care and timely feedback. Beginning with my initial evaluation continuing through today's visit , Dr. Bogosian and his staff have made this experience as positive and as effective as I could have possibly hoped for.
in Skaneateles |
Poor bed side manner! My mother asked a question and he snapped at her. I immediately called him on it and he continued to be curt. Not impressed! Staff was very nice. After the appointment spoke to many people who all stated they had heard the same thing. Will never return to see him.
in Syracuse, NY |
Dr.Bogosian replaced my left hip. Everything he told me and did went exactly like he said it would. My hip hurt every day before the surgery and now is pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Bogosian and would request him again if the need comes up. My Daughter will be seeing Dr. Bogosian later this month for a knee issue. She also believes Dr. Bogosian will treat her the best possible as he did myself. To Dr. Bogosian, the staff at SOS and St Joe's >>> "5 Stars". Thank You Glenn Lewandowski
in Auburn, NY |
His surgical skill on my knee replacement was excellent. I was able to attain full range of motion within a month and the prognosis is great. He emphasized that it would take at least 6 weeks to start feeling better and it took all of that. I would go in with the realization that the surgery will be effective but side effects and recovery may be unpleasant during the 6 week recovery.
in Syracuse, NY |
From day one I liked Dr. Bogosian he was very thorough and answered my questions. this my first surgery ever. All my follow ups have been great and the SOS staff is great. He will definitely do my other hip if needed. I recommend him highly!
in Binghamton, NY |
Felt very rushed, only spent 5 minutest with me and I was still trying to ask questions as was running out the door. In addition, hadn't read or reviewed my file. Have you had surgery on your knee before- I have had 2 surgeries, one by this practice, and other the year before of which I am sure are in records. Have you tried gel injections, again yes with your practice and I am sure in my file. Horrible bedside manner.
in Dewitt, N.Y. |
Dr. Bogosian explained what to expect from surgery, what it would and wouldn't correct. What ever he did there was pain for only 6 days after that it was only sore muscles that I only had to take Tylenol for. I only took oxi for 9 days of which it was 2 too many. I did work hard in pt so I could drive sooner. I feel so good I have to be very careful I don't overdo it. I am able to do stairs with no problem haven't needed a cane much less a walker for weeks.. Would so it again tomorrow..
in Syracuse, NY |
Did not care for him. Terrible bed side manner. I had questions, and he barely let me speak let alone ask my questions. The rest of the staff at SOS are excellent. If I have to go back again, I will go to the SOS urgent care to avoid this doctor.
in Mattydale, NY |
What a great doctor! kind & compassionate, straight forward, thorough, excellent care. A knee replacement in Feb 2016 was tough but here I am today, back to normal with almost everything. Still a work in progress & I know I will feel even better as time goes on. Physical therapy at the Heritage Center, excellent, what a great group. Kudos to Jackie & Ken who worked with me the most. Also Jess. Although very painful they got me to my goal of 120% range of motion. THANKS to all.
in Hallstead, PA |
I work in the electric power industry and was concerned about climbing poles with a hip replacement. I am able to climb poles with no pain and the hip replacement has eliminated all hip pain I was experiencing .Pre-op testing and admission at St. Joseph's hospital was very smooth and all procedures where explained and all questions answered. I could be not happier. Cannot say enough about how well the hip replacement went. Well done.
in Union Sorings, NY |
Excellent
in Liverpool, NY |
Dr. Bogosian did both knee replacements for me in 2011 & 2014.It's not an easy surgery. Dr. B and his team are always kind, considerate & CARING. They all listened & would address all my questions in a way that was easily understood.The front office staff are courteous & helpful. People have asked would I do it again? My response -- in a heartbeat!! As long as I have Dr.B on my team! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking at a knee replacement. My experience was awesome & so worth it!
in Endicott, NY |
Dr.Bogosian & the entire staff @ SOS was very helpful, courteous & informative. They take whatever time is necessary to answer concerns regarding the operation & healing process. Overall experience was excellent ++. Thank you all.
in Syracuse NY |
Excellent
in mattydale ny |
He is awesome. I was in so much pain with my hip and as soon as I woke, I was a new person. No pain. Amazing. I recommend him to everyone. Now 2 years later, still no pain. Thank you.
in Marcellus, NY |
Excellent. Treated Daughter Laura, 25+ years ago - broke both hips ~~ 6 months apart, very early teen years. Became his patient myself with right hip replacement 10-03-2006, and left hip replacement 10-6-2009. Have always been treated well, All follow through has been with a very high levle of respect, attention and care.
in CICERO, NY |
I cannot say enough about Dr. Bogosian. I just had a total hip replacement after 19 years of waiting to do it. Great bed side manner, great staftt, explained everything and had alot of concern about Me . He listened to me and was concered about how i was doing. He kept saying if it effects the way of life then you should do it. He was right. It was time so i had it done in June of this year. THANK YOU!! No more pain!! I wish there were more doctors like DR. BOGOSIAN.....
in Brewerton, NY |
I had a knee replaced in July and a hip replacement in October of 2015... Both were done by Dr. Bogosian... I can't praise him and his staff enough for the excellent results... I'm walking as good as I ever did... Mike Bonus, Brewerton
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Bogosian, MD?
Are you Dr. Bogosian?

Visit Dr. Bogosian

Dr. Bogosian accepts 45 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Buckeye Community Health Plan
    Medicare
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CareSource
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • Fidelis Care
    HealthNet
    Tricare
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.
  • HealthPlus
  • Martin's Point
  • Midwest Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
    Medicaid
    Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
  • MVP Health Care