Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery  |
Dr. Stephen Bane, MD
Dr Bane trained in general surgery in New York at NYU and Bellevue Hospitals. He served in the U.S. Navy as a flight surgeon and as an Otolaryngologist in San Diego and later Pensacola Florida. Dr Bane left the Navy in Pensacola in 1994 to enter private practice. Dr. Bane has practiced in Woodbridge, VA and has been on staff at Potomac Hospital since 1997. He has served as chairman of the OR Committee, ENT Section Chief, Medical Executive Committee and he is currently Chairman of the Surgical Department.

2280 Opitz Blvd Ste 340

Woodbridge, VA 22191

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Coventry Health Care of Virginia
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Bane

At Commonwealth Ear Nose and Throat Associates, LLC our goal is to offer the most comprehensive range of Ear, Nose & Throat and Facial Plastic Surgery for our patients, both pediatric and adult. Whether you require surgery, a cosmetic procedure, skincare, a high technology hearing aid, allergy testing, or help getting a good night's sleep, our expert staff can help you. Browse our website, and learn more about our staff, the services we provide and important links that can help answer your questions. Your health and well being matter to us and we welcome the opportunity to serve you.  We accept cash patients at a reasonable fee, and will assist with Fit for Duty letters

Dr. Bane's Experience

Dr. Bane's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

• Chronic Sinusitis
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • ENT Cancer
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

• Settlement
    Amount or Range: Average
    Nature of Complaint: INCIDENT LOCATION: PRINCE WILLIAM /// PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: Settlement was made for a temporary injury,after surgery for removal of a Cyst from the neck. The patient developed a post operative air leak and subcutaneous emphysema which required another surgery. The patient has recovered.
  • Settlement
    Amount or Range: Average
    Nature of Complaint: INCIDENT LOCATION: PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY /// PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: Paid to mother for pain and suffering

• Boston College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Naval Med Center San Diego
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Nyu Hospitals Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Bane has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bane has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bane does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bane and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bane's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bane to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Bane's Performance
    GOOD
in Springfield, VA |
We drive from Springfield to Woodbridge for Dr Bane. He knows his profession, he is prompt, I have never waiting more than 15 min, he doesn't b.s. you, no unnessary testing, it is what it is. Clean office, great staff.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Unfortunately I did not have a good experience with this specialist. When I arrived, the receptionist wanted to charge me more than what my insurance has stipulated for copay. After explain the amount, they accepted the conditions of my insurance. Then, the specialist introduced himself. I noticed him acting stressed, worried about something, if he was very in a hurry, like he had many problems in his head, and wanted to get rid of my fast. He began to cleanse my ears, very rudely.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Bane was super friendly! He spent time getting to know me. He was very patient answering all of my questions. His staff was wonderful! I have gone to him multiple times for a year and will continue to see him as my ENT. Great experience!
in Woodbridge, VA |
Just saw Dr Bane for 2nvisit, just scheduled sinus surgery! Relief is on its way! He walked me through the CT what an explanation he didn't have to provide. All paper work provided explained billing concerns, cancellation time frame don't listen to the fake reviews this is the real deal! More to come after surgery!
in Woodbridge, VA |
I saw Dr. Bane recently. Experiencing pain under my ears. He saw me for a few seconds. While my head was tilted backwards and he was about to see through my nose, his nurse made me initial on a piece of paper. He or his nurse didn’t disclose what they were doing and what had they made me sign. He left without talking to me about his initial diagnosis. Recently found he claimed he did surgery and charged $700 for surgery & office visit. Unethical behavior to overcharge insurance & patients
HI Roger, your welcome to a copy of all paperwork signed in the office. We have forwarded all your office notes as requested. Please review your EOB and true statement balance, please check with AMA in reference to billing codes as we discussed. Thank you.
Fredericksburg, VA |
I highly discourage from scheduling w/ this practice. Dr. Bane spent ~5 minutes with me & my son to determine whether my son needs tube placement. He clearly does not have skills to work with pediatric patients. Dr. Bane was not even the worst part of my experience. The scheduler was so rude to me, I was left speechless. I decided to not schedule the procedure & was going to seek a 2nd opinion. She said I was free to keep "pumping your son full of antibiotics",and argued with me about my choice.
We are sorry you did not care for the office.. The notes forwarded from the second opinion did state your child was a perfect candidate for the procedure, it also provided plenty of time to cancel in a timely fashion. Unfortunately with the short cancellation notice you provided kept another patient from having their procedure. We understand your frustration and we will coach all team members. If you would like the information in reference to cancelling a procedure is available. Thank you
in Stafford,Virginia |
Scheduled a consult with Doctor Bane concerning a nasal issue. After waiting twenty minutes, I was seen by Dr.Bane who was able to provide a determination in five minutes. Unfortunately I was not aware that the five minute consult would amount to $800 dollars. Upon contacting Doctor Bane's Office, I was humiliated by the Office Manager when questioning the charges. As a veteran seeking advice from a medical veteran, I would have expected more but unfortunately was very disappointed.
HI Paul, sadly we are not allowed to 'write off' a patients insurance deductible. Please speak with your insurance company for further understanding of your policy.
in Woodbridge, VA |
I have been seeing Dr. Bane for a few years now. I have had a great experience each time. He explains everything thoroughly and makes sure that you understand and encourages questions from you also.
Springfield, VA |
Not satisfied with the attitude and the billing practice. He spent about three minutes with me. He used a tool for about one second. But the office sent a bill of more than $600 to the insurance company.
in Woodbridge |
Dr Bane seemed to really care that about my issue I was having. He not only explained issue but showed me to make sure i understood. That i really appreciate. The staff also was very friendly.
in Woodbridge, VA |
very friendly staff, clean office
in Woodbridge, VA |
Love Maggie. Dr. Bane's office is quick and easy to get appointments. He cares abut his patients. I would highly recommend him.
in Woodbridge, VA |
No nonsense, conservative, honest. Helped me and didn't waste my time or money
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Bane, MD?

Visit Dr. Bane

CareFirst Maryland POS
    Carelink PPO
  • Coventry Health Care of Virginia
    Coventry Health Care of Virginia HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health