Dr. Stephen Archer, MD

Dr. Stephen Archer, MD

Bariatric Surgery | Male

Oregon Vascular Specialists 1501 NE Medical Center Dr Bend, OR 97701 Get Directions

I am a general/bariatric surgeon with advanced training in minimally invasive surgery. I strive to see my patients as the whole person they are. I incorporate this philosophy into every part of my practice. I work with a skilled physician assistant and a team of organized and efficient office staff that I am proud to partner with.

I moved to Central Oregon on 9/11/2001--a day I will never forget. I helped start the bariatric surgery program at St. Charles Medical Center. While I have directed the program, St. Charles has just received its third consecutive Center of Excellence designation--the current designation from the American College of Surgeons is simply called Acrreditataion. My practice philosophy is to balance technical excellence with compassion and integrity. I am committed to honest communication with my patients and to growing as a person and a surgeon. Like all surgeons, I have encountered difficult cases and even complications, but when problems arise I am committed to showing up for my patients and doing my best to help them through to better health again. I have recently joined the Bend Memorial Clinic. I am grateful to be a part of a thriving and energetic company that puts me in a position to concentrate of taking care of patients as my priority at work.

Dr. Archer's Experience

See how Dr. Archer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Archer

Dr. Archer accepts 28 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Archer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Archer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Archer to family and friends
based on 49 total surveys (1 with a review)
Dr. Archer Says:

I am grateful for honest feedback.  I would welcome hearing from you if you have been less than satisfied.  If you have been happy with my care, your referral of friends to me is the highest compliment.

Dr. Archer's Performance
Lapine |
I felt completely comfortable with both Dr. Archer and his staff. I would recommend him to everyone wanting a happier healthier life. Thank you Dr. Archer!
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Archer, MD?
Are you Dr. Archer?

Compare Dr. Archer

Dr. Archer says...

I moved to Central Oregon on 9/11/2001--a day I will never forget. I helped start the bariatric surgery program at St. Charles Medical Center.  While I have directed the program, St. Charles has just received its third consecutive Center of Excellence designation--the current designation from the American College of Surgeons is simply called Acrreditataion.

My practice philosophy is to balance technical excellence with compassion and integrity. I am committed to honest communication with my patients and to growing as a person and a surgeon.  Like all surgeons, I have encountered difficult cases and even complications, but when problems arise I am committed to showing up for my patients and doing my best to help them through to better health again.

I have recently joined the Bend Memorial Clinic.  I am grateful to be a part of a thriving and energetic company that puts me in a position to concentrate of taking care of patients as my priority at work.

Dr. Archer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Archer says...

I have been focusing my practice on bariatric surgery, foregut surgery and flexible endoscopy.  I do most operations with the DaVinci surgical robot.

Dr. Archer says...

I am one of very surgeons in the Northwest who utilizes the surgical robot for bariatric surgery.  I have found it has helped me better see the anatomy and it has allowed me to do increasingly complex operations with greater ease for the patient, for me and for the OR team.

Dr. Archer says...

Dr. Archer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

• Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 1991
    • Max Zinninger Award University of Cincinnati, 1998
    • Common Bile Duct Injury During Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Results of a National Survey, 2001
    • Hiatal Hernia, Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic Repairs, Analysis of Complications, Pearson et al: Thoracic Surgery and Esophageal Surgery 2e, 2001
    • Practice Website

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Archer's Board Certifications

Emory University

Completed in 2000

University of Texas

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Archer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Archer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Colonoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Foregut Surgery