Dr. Stephen Archer, MD

Dr. Stephen Archer, MD

Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. Stephen Archer, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Bend, OR and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine in 1991 and specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.Read his story

1501 NE Medical Center Dr

Bend, OR 97701

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Archer

See how frequently Dr. Archer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Archer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Archer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Archer "I moved to Central Oregon on 9/11/2001--a day I will never forget. I helped start the bariatric surgery program at St. Charles Medical Center. While I have directed the program, St. Charles has just received its third consecutive Center of Excellence designation--the current designation from the American College of Surgeons is simply called Acrreditataion. My practice philosophy is to balance technical excellence with compassion and integrity. I am committed to honest communication with my patients and to growing as a person and a surgeon. Like all surgeons, I have encountered difficult cases and even complications, but when problems arise I am committed to showing up for my patients and doing my best to help them through to better health again. I have recently joined the Bend Memorial Clinic. I am grateful to be a part of a thriving and energetic company that puts me in a position to concentrate of taking care of patients as my priority at work."

This content was provided by Dr. Archer "I am a general/bariatric surgeon with advanced training in minimally invasive surgery. I strive to see my patients as the whole person they are. I incorporate this philosophy into every part of my practice. I work with a skilled physician assistant and a team of organized and efficient office staff that I am proud to partner with."

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Physician Specialties*

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• University of Texas
  • Emory University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

• Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 1991
  • Max Zinninger Award University of Cincinnati, 1998
  • Common Bile Duct Injury During Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Results of a National Survey, 2001
  • Hiatal Hernia, Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic Repairs, Analysis of Complications, Pearson et al: Thoracic Surgery and Esophageal Surgery 2e, 2001
  • Practice Website,

Dr. Archer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Archer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Archer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Archer to family and friends
based on 50 total reviews (2 with comments)

Dr. Archer's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Archer Says:

I am grateful for honest feedback.  I would welcome hearing from you if you have been less than satisfied.  If you have been happy with my care, your referral of friends to me is the highest compliment.

in Bend, OR
I did my homework on what I wanted and needed. I researched Dr Archer too. I met with him and found him to be very kind and he had no hesitation to answer any of my questions. He was kind , attentive and my first impression was he understood my need for weight loss. I attended his seminar and was...more
in Lapine
I felt completely comfortable with both Dr. Archer and his staff. I would recommend him to everyone wanting a happier healthier life. Thank you Dr. Archer!

Are you Dr. Archer?