Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Stephanie Stein, MD
Dr. Stephanie Stein, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Washington, DC. She is 35 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Stein is affiliated with University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus.

2141 K St NW Ste 701

Washington, DC 20037

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Stein

See how frequently Dr. Stein performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoporosis
Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
Autoimmune Diseases

Dr. Stein's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• Emory University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Stein has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stein to family and friends
Dr. Stein's Performance
Dr Stein is by far the most impressive doctor-- and specialist- I have ever seen. Dr. Stein singlehandidly identified, managed and treated a disorder that others have failed to notice, and that was severely impinging on my quality of life. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Stein- :she is by far the best and most capable doctor I have met. I would highly recommend her to my friends and family, and will continue to rely on her practice to manage my care.
Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein is one of the best doctors I've ever been seen. My appointment started in her office during which time she explained to me exactly what was going on and patiently answering all my questions. We didn't leave her office until she was 100% sure that all my questions had been answered. In the exam room I never felt rushed and I left feeling like I had a complete understanding of what was going on. She is quickly available via email and still makes sure all my questions are answered.
in Washington DC |
Amazing. Dr. Stein is so caring and treats me like a family member. She has helped me through a tough time and I can't thank her enough. I'd recommend her to anyone!
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein is the most considerate, professional, and spot on doctor that I have ever had care for me. I had been struggling for over two years with symptoms that baffled my primary doctor and two other endocrinologists. Dr. Stein was able to diagnose and treat my rare condition and I can happily say that I finally have my life back. A+ Doc and one of the nicest people you will meet!!! Have no clue what the previous poster is taking about and could not disagree more....
in Washington DC |
Dr Stein prescribed a ateroid testvto becdone by her lab that was unnecessary, as then said by other doctors, and which led me to hypertension episodes in ER. It has taken me a month to recover. After a week, she told me I should see another doctor since I was healthy: I ended up at ER the day after that. I cannot stress more her lack of competence. Avoid by all means.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein is excellent. She will take the time to fully explain your test results and what they mean and what steps you can take to maintain your health. We get so used to Doctors rushing us through so that they can handle their patient loads that it's a welcome change to find a Doctor who takes time to make sure you are fully informed and understand how you are doing. It may take a while to get an appointment, but, once you have one, you won't be rushed through on an assembly line.
in Washington, DC |
I always love seeing Dr. Stein. She is so caring, personable, empathetic. She really takes the time to get to know her patients, really thinks through diagnoses and treatment. She correctly diagnosed my condition and implemented treatment which has allowed me to finally be back to myself. I cannot thanks her enough. I would recommend her to all of my friends and family. A true one of a kind physician and person.
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Stein is excellent! As always, she listened to all of my concerns with warmth and genuine sincerity. I never felt rushed, as is the case in many doctor's offices. She explained everything she did, all of her recommendations, and answered all of my questions in a very professional tone, and to my complete satisfaction. The entire office staff is very friendly, welcoming, and efficient. I'd recommend Dr. Stein to anyone of my friends and family in need of a great Endocrinologist!
Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein herself is great, but a frustratingly inept administrative staff. Was told they'd look into previous medical records to accompany diagnosis, but that was never done. Billing department made mistakes that took weeks to correct.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
My visits with Dr. Stein have been absolutely fantastic. Not only did she diagnose my problem accurately -- something that two other Endocrinologists were unable to do -- but she truly took the time to explain things to me so that I really understood what was going on. I cannot speak highly enough of her. Her empathy, accessibility, and bedside manner cannot be beat. I look forward to my visits as I know I am now in the best hands possible for my condition.
Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Stein, MD?
Are you Dr. Stein?