Dr. Stephanie Stein, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

2141 K St NW Ste 701 Washington, DC 20037 Get Directions
Dr. Stephanie Stein, MD
Dr. Stephanie Stein, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Washington, DC. She is 35 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Stein is affiliated with University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus.

Dr. Stein's Experience

See how Dr. Stein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stein

Dr. Stein accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Stein is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Stein has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stein to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Stein's Performance
Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein is one of the best doctors I've ever been seen. My appointment started in her office during which time she explained to me exactly what was going on and patiently answering all my questions. We didn't leave her office until she was 100% sure that all my questions had been answered. In the exam room I never felt rushed and I left feeling like I had a complete understanding of what was going on. She is quickly available via email and still makes sure all my questions are answered.
in Washington DC |
Amazing. Dr. Stein is so caring and treats me like a family member. She has helped me through a tough time and I can't thank her enough. I'd recommend her to anyone!
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein is the most considerate, professional, and spot on doctor that I have ever had care for me. I had been struggling for over two years with symptoms that baffled my primary doctor and two other endocrinologists. Dr. Stein was able to diagnose and treat my rare condition and I can happily say that I finally have my life back. A+ Doc and one of the nicest people you will meet!!! Have no clue what the previous poster is taking about and could not disagree more....
Chevy Chase, MD |
Best physician I have ever seen. Caring, approachable, well-read, well thought-out. Really takes the time and is very accessible. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She was recommended to me by a friend who is also a patient. I cannot thank her enough for the wonderful care she has given me
in Washington DC |
Dr Stein prescribed a ateroid testvto becdone by her lab that was unnecessary, as then said by other doctors, and which led me to hypertension episodes in ER. It has taken me a month to recover. After a week, she told me I should see another doctor since I was healthy: I ended up at ER the day after that. I cannot stress more her lack of competence. Avoid by all means.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein is excellent. She will take the time to fully explain your test results and what they mean and what steps you can take to maintain your health. We get so used to Doctors rushing us through so that they can handle their patient loads that it's a welcome change to find a Doctor who takes time to make sure you are fully informed and understand how you are doing. It may take a while to get an appointment, but, once you have one, you won't be rushed through on an assembly line.
in Washington, DC |
I always love seeing Dr. Stein. She is so caring, personable, empathetic. She really takes the time to get to know her patients, really thinks through diagnoses and treatment. She correctly diagnosed my condition and implemented treatment which has allowed me to finally be back to myself. I cannot thanks her enough. I would recommend her to all of my friends and family. A true one of a kind physician and person.
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Stein is excellent! As always, she listened to all of my concerns with warmth and genuine sincerity. I never felt rushed, as is the case in many doctor's offices. She explained everything she did, all of her recommendations, and answered all of my questions in a very professional tone, and to my complete satisfaction. The entire office staff is very friendly, welcoming, and efficient. I'd recommend Dr. Stein to anyone of my friends and family in need of a great Endocrinologist!
Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein herself is great, but a frustratingly inept administrative staff. Was told they'd look into previous medical records to accompany diagnosis, but that was never done. Billing department made mistakes that took weeks to correct.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
My visits with Dr. Stein have been absolutely fantastic. Not only did she diagnose my problem accurately -- something that two other Endocrinologists were unable to do -- but she truly took the time to explain things to me so that I really understood what was going on. I cannot speak highly enough of her. Her empathy, accessibility, and bedside manner cannot be beat. I look forward to my visits as I know I am now in the best hands possible for my condition.
Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Stein, MD?
Are you Dr. Stein?

Compare Dr. Stein

Dr. Stein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Malpractice claims in District of Columbia not available

Dr. Stein has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stein's Board Certifications

• Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences

Graduated in 2008

Emory University

Dr. Stein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism