Dermatology  |
Dr. Stephanie Mackey, MD
Dr. Stephanie Mackey, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Lancaster, PA. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Mackey is affiliated with Lancaster General Hospital.

800 New Holland Ave Ste A

Lancaster, PA 17602

• Capital Blue Cross
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC

Learn about Dr. Mackey

Dr. Mackey's Experience

Dr. Mackey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Parapsoriasis
  • Warts

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• PA STATE UNIV COLL OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Pa St University/hershey Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Geisinger Med Center

Dr. Mackey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mackey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mackey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mackey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mackey to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Mackey's Performance
in Lititz, PA |
My family and I have been seeing Dr. Mackey for years and have always been 100% pleased with Dr. Mackey and her staff. Last year, our 15 year old son was suffering from terrible acne on his face that was affecting his self-esteem on a daily basis. Dr. Mackey got our son started on a medical therapy that cleared his skin completely and now everytime I look at my son's beautiful, smooth skin, it brings grateful tears to my eyes. Our son's 15 year old friends even compliment him on his skin!
New Holland, PA |
Visited Fr. Mackey for the first time. She is very knowledgeable and has a very caring bedside manner. She is friendly and personable. Her office staff scheduled my husband's and mine appointments back to back. The appointments were completed before my appointment was even scheduled to start.
York, PA |
Wonderful bedside...kind, informative and a good listener. Highly recommend.
in Lancaster, PA |
My husband is seeing Mackey for skin cancer. He went to his appointment yesterday to be told he would not be seen due to not having his copay but they will be billing him for his missed appointment($60). He asked if you are willing to wait for that why not wait til Friday for the $50 and let me be seen? That is not our practice is what he was told. They charged our account yesterday putting us overdrawn- they keep your credit card info on hand. They do not care. Very cold and NO common sense.
in Lancaster, PA |
I have been seeing Dr. Mackey for over 2 years after a good referral from multiple people . She has always taken the time to listen to my concerns and never been anything but warm/genuine. Sometimes my chronic skin issues aren't always visible when I get to my appnt, but she has never been dismissive BC my skin was having a good day. Ignore the comments below. Derm apts for new pts can have many month wait lists so cancellation policies are imperative so other pts get an opportunity to be seen.
in Lancaster, PA |
Called for help with ordering a prescription through Loudan Pharmacy (prescription was not showing up online) and after calling the pharmacy with no response, I called Mackey's office. I was frustrated by this point after trying many attempts to get the medication, and dealt with Kayla in the office. She was the most unpleasant nurse I have ever talked to. She talked over me, and then accused me of "attacking her". She blatantly yelled at me and had ZERO personal skills. WILL NEVER GO BACK!
Lancaster, PA |
Dr. Mackey's bedside manner is brisk and cold. Her no-show appointment policy matches her bedside manner. In eight years as a patient of Dr. Mackey's I have never missed an appointment until this past month. I called to say that I couldn't make it approximately 3 hours in advance of the appointment. I was told I was being charged $50 and received a notice in the mail confirming that if I did not pay in 2 weeks, it will be turned over to a credit agency.
Elkridge, MD |
Very rude receptionist. Long wait even with appointment.
in Lancaster, PA |
She was rude after I shared my medical experiment with essential oils with her. Her attitude towards me changed drastically; I had to voice my displeasure to her nurse & staff. Not only that, she botched my surgery to remove an area of potential malign cancer skin cell on my leg and severed a vein, which caused her to have to sutured the cut in order to stop the bleeding. The suture was done poorly & I was bleeding profusely while standing in line at the pharmacy picking up my medicine.
in Columbia, PA |
I went in to Dr. Mackey's office for removal of some growths, 1 of which my family doc was unsure of. Dr. Mackey thrilled me when she agreed to do so and at a fair price because I have to pay out of my pocket. I'm ready to go back for the remainder removed, etc! She is a great dr and her staff is great too!
Lititz, PA |
I liked Dr. Mackey but did not like her office business practice of requiring a credit card number be kept on file. I refused to do so and was required to pay the full office visit charge instead of my insurance copay of which they are in-network. I was refunded the balance several weeks later however opening my bank account in case there is a disagreement between her and my insurance company is a show stopper for me. A good doc but I don't plan to return due to the high financial risk.
Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Mackey, MD?
Are you Dr. Mackey?