Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO

Dr. Forbes
Telehealth services available

Psychiatric Associates Of Tulsa

4612 S Harvard Ave Ste A Tulsa, OK 74135

Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO is a Psychiatry Specialist in Tulsa, OK and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery medical school in 1995. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Forbes to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Forbes' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Forbes accepts

Dr. Forbes accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Forbes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Forbes

3.1

Dr. Forbes?
  • Explained conditions well (22)
  • Listened & answered questions (22)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (19)
  • Long wait times (22)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (20)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (17)
Very Well Location Office Visits Live Help Nice Personal Office Furniture
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Mr. Chris Wilson – Dec 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
I needed to find a new doctor and Dr Forbes came highly recommended so I finally went it. I was nervous but she quickly calmed my nerves. You can tell she is passionate about what she does and is very knowledgeable. I highly recommend her.
Caroline Meeks – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
I never had a problem Dr. Forbes until one day I asked if I could try an Rx that had been highly recommended. She instantly became very indignant & said I have pill seeking behavior. I’m a 48 yr/old prof woman and I have NEVER been treated like that (very insulting and demeaning). She finished the appt by trying to make me make all the decisions related to my care because she said it didn’t matter anymore since I obviously know more than her. TERRIBLE / TRAUMATIZING experience..
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
Had good initial meeting. She's easy to work with as far as meds go. Curious about how it will be getting off of them at some point. Comments re: staff & waiting room (old and dirty) are true. Office staff has high turn over & not very friendly but keep in mind they are regularly abused by patients & parents. I've seen it more than once. Main complaint is wait time -always 45 - 60 min. Need to correct time allotted for each patient-especially due to office & waiting room environment.
Claremore, OK – Oct 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
I saw Dr. Forbes for about 2 years. I can say that Dr. Forbes seems knowledgeable, caring and compassionate, although having now had 7 years of taking medications, I believe she had a tendency to enjoy the "chemistry experiments" aspect, and sometimes overprescribed. She was great at phoning twice when I was sick and hazardous to myself. I'd see her again if my insurance would pay. However, her staff is utterly horrible and nasty to psychiatric patients. I'd avoid them completely if possible.
Past Patient of Dr. Forbes in Euless, TX – Mar 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
Dr.Forbes is EXCELLENT! She truly does care about her patients and gives them the time they feel they need! I do not feel it fair to subject Dr.Forbes to review of any part of her office outside of her personal individual office door. Dr.Forbes is extremely professional and classy which I appreciate in a Dr! The best things come to those who wait! If you want quality best care, she is worth the wait!
Happy patient in Tulsa, OK – Jan 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
Dr. Forbes has been a God send. She takes time to listen and work with you to find the right plan of care for your individual needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Forbes for your psychiatric needs.
Stacy K in Oklahoma – Jan 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
The office staff is horrible!! Unfriendly, basically rude & extremely disorganized!! They have messed up so many of my appointment times I can't count them. Tell me one day or time & then write me in their books on a different day & time. They don't return phone calls at all. The office is gross. Needs remodeling desperately. Horrible office environment. Dr. Forbes is a lousy dr. Acts like she really cares but she really doesn't. Don't go to her or anyone in that office. It's a nightmare.
tulsa, ok – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
She is amazing. Very knowledgeable, knows about the classic drugs as well as all the new ones, familiar with off label treatments. She listens compassionately and includes me in decisions about my treatment. She returns phone calls the same day. I have trusted her with my mental health for years and have never doubted her expertise or her care for me. Only problems are with the office staff. They are horrible, need training in not only customer service, but customer service for the ill.
Sarah in Tulsa, OK – Jun 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
She is wonderful! Kind, compassionate, patient. She is well educated and up to date on her knowledge. She was the first person in 20 years to diagnose me and medicate me properly! Life saver!
Carrie in Broken Arrow, OK – Apr 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?
Dr. Forbes is very knowledgeable. She was also great about working with my therapist to ensure my best care, which is a VERY difficult quality to find in other psychiatrists. She is easy to get along with and easy to talk to. She answerss all of my questions and addresses my concerns. She is great about returning phone calls as well. The only drawbacks to working with her have to do with the friendliness of the office saff, scheduling appointments, and total wait time.
Mar 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephanie Forbes, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Forbes?

• Psychiatry