Psychiatry  |
Dr. Stephan Quentzel, MD
Dr. Stephan Quentzel, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Quentzel is affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel.

96 5th Ave Apt 1A

New York, NY 10011

• EmblemHealth
  • Fidelis Care

Learn about Dr. Quentzel

Dr. Quentzel's Experience

Dr. Quentzel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Beth Israel Medical Center-Petrie Campus
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Quentzel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Quentzel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quentzel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Quentzel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quentzel to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Quentzel's Performance
in New York, NY |
Dr. Quentzel is the best psychiatrist I have ever come across, and due to moving often in my life, I've come across quite a few. He has a caring, compassionate, and level-headed approach to treatment. He helped me get back on my feet and stay stable while striving for the highest quality of life. When no other doctor would believe my sensitivity level to medications, Dr. Quentzel did and worked with it. If I ever move again, I will highly consider booking trips back just for appointments.
in New York, NY |
Dr Quentzel is excellent -- both compassionate and effective in his treatment. I've been seeing him for about 2 years. I appreciate his patience and thoroughness in answering questions and explaining the science behind my condition, symptoms, medication, etc. His approach is not just to throw medicine at a problem, but to fully examine what I'm experiencing and offer additional homeopathic and lifestyle recommendations.
I came to Dr. Quentzel at a very difficult time in my life. He embraced me spiritually. Within a month's time, no longer in despair, I was on my way to a strong recovery. He is a brilliant and--as important--compassionate physician. I recommend him without reservation.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Quentzel for more than 10 years. He has improved the quality of my life significantly, through diagnosis, medication, active listening and sage advice. He has helped me tackle fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety. There is no problem too big or too small to be taken seriously and discussed with him. He has a very comprehensive approach to wellbeing. Dr. Quentzel is my go-to MD.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Ouentzel is by far the best psychiatrist I've had. He is not only extremely professional, he is kind, caring, motivating and always available. I always leave our sessions with a smile on my face. I give him 5 stars and am thankful that he is my Dr.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Quentzel is simply the best there is. Several friends have been patients over the last many years, so I decided to see him, too. I was so upset to see a negative review that I have to respond. Dr. Quentzel never defaults to the acceptable standard of care. He is genuinely intent on not just managing care, but actual healing, and he is creative in his choice of remedies. He listens to the nuances of issues & provides insight & ideas that help beyond measure. He is so kind and very funny!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Quentzel is very kind and professional. He knowledge of western and eastern medicine is impressive. His alblitiy to balance herbal supplements and prescriptions to create a perfect balanced recipe for successful mental health. Dr. Quetzal is the best in town.
in New York, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Quentzel to anyone needing a psychiatrist. After many years of being diagnosed with depression and having many relapses requiring hospitalizations, Dr Quentzel was able to diagnose me with bipolar disorder in one visit. I now remain hospital free, on correct medicines for longer than I have ever been thanks to him. He is always willing to work with me to decrease any side effects I may find unacceptable
in New York |
I had the misfortune of seeing this dr. I would not recommend this him unless you are in desperate need of medication and you're about to die. . For many reasons that I will not get into why, but he's a complete waste of money and tine.
Have you seen Dr. Stephan Quentzel, MD?
Are you Dr. Quentzel?