Dr. Stephan Esser, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 42

Dr. Esser

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists

10475 Centurion Pkwy N Ste 220 Jacksonville, FL 32256

Dr. Stephan Esser, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from University Of South Florida / College Of Medicine in 2008 and specializes in sports medicine, physical medicine & rehabilitation, and more.

Dr. Esser's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Esser

3.7

Dr. Esser?
Dr. Esser's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Stephan Esser, MD
Dr. Esser is the best Ortho Doc in Jax. He helped me with my pain, being able to diagnose it within minutes and a treatment pain that works well to improve my level of pain. He was very attentive, took time to care about my overall health, and his recommendations have transformed my life and being able to return to the sports I love without pain. Very smart and caring doctor. I highly recommend him for sports pain, acupuncture, prp and stem cell. Very reasonably priced services for what I needed to return to life pain free. For now on I’m only seeing him as a Sports Doc!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Best visit I have ever had. First time with back problems, I was very anxious and scared. He went through everything with me and explained what was going on. I have a proper treatment plan and would refer anyone to see him. I had a horrible experience at another office and this was night and day! Thank you!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
I have had 2 appointments with Dr. Esser for a sports-related knee issue. I have been very satisfied with every aspect of the care. He took a very different diagnostic approach. He looked at x-rays as other doctors have done, but put much more time into examining the muscles around the knee, the mechanics, and strength. He provided me a range of options for care including physical therapy, anti-inflammatory supplements, and platelet-rich plasma therapy. Both visits he saw me right on time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
my review disappeared!!! Do you have it??? please let me know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Dr Esser treated me 3years ago for knee issues, pain free after the stem cell procedure till this day, can not say enough good things about Dr Esser. Recommend him highly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
I saw Dr. Esser for neck pain. He was thorough in his examination and presented written treatment options. In a follow-up appointment, we reviewed my MRI, where he took time to explain the scan in detail and discuss the next plan of treatment. I appreciated the time he took in his explanations as well as in answering my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Esser.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Not a good experience. He read my MRI results to me but left out a lot of information that I would’ve asked about. He asked how I was doing since the last appointment, I said better but still having pain. He just moved on without inquiring more. He even told me to get back in the gym and resume normal activities, but I still have pain. I felt like he wasn’t concerned with helping me and more with moving on to the next patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Dr. Esser is simply Awesome! He is very knowledgeable. I did 6 sessions of Acupuncture with him and each session made me feel better and a GREAT relief from Back and Knee pain. Excellent Staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
I have been very pleased with my experiences with Dr. Esser at Southeast Orthopedics. It is easy to schedule an appointment for a time that is convenient and the front office staff is friendly. I have several orthopedic issues and Dr. Esser always takes the time to listen me discuss my symptoms, asks thoughtful questions and is thorough in his explanation of potential treatments. I appreciated his follow-up and willingness to answer questions that I may have. I sincerely appreciate Dr. Esser.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Over the course of 4 appointments, I spent more time w/ assistants, trainees & students than the doctor himself. Both times I actually spoke with Dr. Esser, it was obvious that he works under the "spend as little time with the patient as possible" mentality. He speaks VERY fast, and doesn't seem to actually listen. Appointments left me more confused than I was to begin with. My advice to patients - be ready to make decisions for what's best for you & only use the doc for general guidance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Wonderful, caring, very knowledgeable, kind and generous. Would recommend to all my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Dr. Esser was excellent. Took his time to evaluate me and explained my shoulder/back problem to me in detail. My wife and I also attended one of his seminars. It was literally life changing. Driving home from the seminar, all we could talk about was how we were now going to exercise and eat better “Dr. Esser’s Way”! We can’t thank him enough! Look forward to more seminars. Don and Peggy Campbell
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
In a word, AWESOME! Dr. Esser and his staff were able to see my wife the same day we called, arranged for an expedited MRI and provided immediate interpretation, reassurance, and well reasoned recommendations. He gave her injections following the thorough evaluation and his staff (thank you Marcello) provided extremely helpful insights on all of our physical therapy options. These folks were concerned about the patient, nothing else. I can't say enough good things about them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
I visited Dr. Esser for neck and shoulder pain. I believe he was knowledgeable and thorough in the assessment. He spent time explaining possible treatment options. I found him to be gentle and respectful. I definitely plan to continue seeing him in the future. His medical assistant was also very helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
I saw him a year ago at his PV office. A senior medical student visiting 4 the holidays gave me a thorough exam. Then Esser walks in with lawyer's briefcase in hand, pulls out a sheet of exercises, explains exercises, and THEN NEVER EXAMS ME. I FOUND HIM 2 B VERY ARROGANT AND EXTREMELY RUDE AND TOLD HIS N HIS PRACTICE. OH, HE ALSO HE DOES NOT DO SURGERY! WORTHLESS!!!!!
Dear Patient, We do not host medical students in...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
My initial visit with Dr. Esser was exceptional! He was very methodical, attentive, informative, and honest. After a thorough examination and listening to my primary concerns, he guided me on the findings of my MRI results. Then he presented a diagnosis that was well grounded in research, experience, and supported by my MRI. Most of all, he offered me a wholistic and realistic approach to healing and for this I am very grateful. Thank you Dr. Esser and your team of professionals!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr. Esser. He is very thorough and knowledgeable. He explains everything in layman's terms and goes over all options. His demeanor is nice and friendly and very caring. I would recommend Dr. Esser for any orthopedic injury.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Dr. Esser - today you told me that I have emotional issues and that it's not a normal response to cry when I'm frustrated. You really tried to convince me that I'm a smoker and overweight because I have "deep seeded issues". You pretended to know who I am on my first day of meeting you. Let me tell you sir; you are wrong. I am a happy person. change your bedside Manner. You are rude.
Dear Patient. It was with great sadness I read...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
Terrible, made unscientific assumptions, with no knowledge of medical history or current medical condition, tried to prescribe a fad diet program and other fringe treatments. Poor attitude, very argumentative and does not solicit, want, or accept patient input. I will assume based on my experience he has bad days where patients suffer because he's tired or frustrated with his life, pray your appointment doesn't fall on one of these days. Once again, should not be a licensed physician.
Dear Patient. I am saddened that you had a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?
I saw Dr Esser in January 2017 following shoulder surgery with unresolved pain & severe frozen shoulder. His calm & gentle nature immediately put me at ease. He talked very plainly and explained things to me in a way I could understand. I was scheduled for a Hydrodistention procedure the following week. He did a fabulous nerve block & talked me through the entire procedure while calming my nerves. My range of motion has improved by 50% and pain has substantially subsided. A++ for bedside manner!
Working with patients who are excited and...Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Esser?

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists is dedicated to providing the community with the highest quality healthcare through our commitment to leadership and excellence. Through this mission, we strive to set the standard for quality healthcare delivery in the region bringing national-level care to a local setting.

• Sports Medicine

2008
University Of South Florida / College Of Medicine
2008

Dr. Esser accepts

Dr. Esser accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthKeepers Plus POS
AvMed
Beech Street (Multiplan)
Beech Street (Multiplan) EPO
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Mayo Clinic
Meritain Health
Private HealthCare Systems
Tricare
TriCare for Life
UMR
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Esser treats your condition or procedure

• Ataxia
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Phantom Limb Pain
  • Physical Therapy
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Tendonitis
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Trigger Finger