Dr. Stephan Esser, MD

Dr. Stephan Esser, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists 10475 Centurion Pkwy N Ste 220 Jacksonville, FL 32256 Get Directions

Heekin Orthopedic Specialists is dedicated to providing the community with the highest quality healthcare through our commitment to leadership and excellence. Through this mission, we strive to set the standard for quality healthcare delivery in the region bringing national-level care to a local setting.

Dr. Stephan Esser, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Jacksonville, FL. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 9 years.

Dr. Esser's Experience

See how Dr. Esser's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Esser

Dr. Esser accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Esser's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Esser to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Esser's Performance
Jacksonville, FL |
My initial visit with Dr. Esser was exceptional! He was very methodical, attentive, informative, and honest. After a thorough examination and listening to my primary concerns, he guided me on the findings of my MRI results. Then he presented a diagnosis that was well grounded in research, experience, and supported by my MRI. Most of all, he offered me a wholistic and realistic approach to healing and for this I am very grateful. Thank you Dr. Esser and your team of professionals!
in Atlantic Beach, FL |
Excellent experience with Dr. Esser. He is very thorough and knowledgeable. He explains everything in layman's terms and goes over all options. His demeanor is nice and friendly and very caring. I would recommend Dr. Esser for any orthopedic injury.
in Jacksonville |
Dr. Esser - today you told me that I have emotional issues and that it's not a normal response to cry when I'm frustrated. You really tried to convince me that I'm a smoker and overweight because I have "deep seeded issues". You pretended to know who I am on my first day of meeting you. Let me tell you sir; you are wrong. I am a happy person. change your bedside Manner. You are rude.
Dear Patient. It was with great sadness I read your review. I am sorry you had such a poor experience. As you may recall we offered you multiple treatment options and even referrals to other medical providers who might help you. If you would ever like to move ahead with the treatments we discussed please let us know. Once again, I am very sorry you had a bad experience and am hopeful you find relief.
Jacksonville , FL |
Terrible, made unscientific assumptions, with no knowledge of medical history or current medical condition, tried to prescribe a fad diet program and other fringe treatments. Poor attitude, very argumentative and does not solicit, want, or accept patient input. I will assume based on my experience he has bad days where patients suffer because he's tired or frustrated with his life, pray your appointment doesn't fall on one of these days. Once again, should not be a licensed physician.
Dear Patient. I am saddened that you had a negative experience with us. Please feel free to call our office and schedule an appointment at no charge if you would like to go over any of my recommendations in detail. I always want you to leave knowing more and feeling heard. As per any nutritional recommendations I make they are based in science and not fads. Please reach out to me at our office and I am happy to call you back at a convenient time to review why I made such recommendations.
in Macclenny, FL |
I saw Dr Esser in January 2017 following shoulder surgery with unresolved pain & severe frozen shoulder. His calm & gentle nature immediately put me at ease. He talked very plainly and explained things to me in a way I could understand. I was scheduled for a Hydrodistention procedure the following week. He did a fabulous nerve block & talked me through the entire procedure while calming my nerves. My range of motion has improved by 50% and pain has substantially subsided. A++ for bedside manner!
Working with patients who are excited and motivated to get well is a delight. Keep up the great work and let me know if we can help more.
in Jacksonville Beach, FL |
Dr. Esser was impressive from the first visit! I went to see him for back pain that had been hurting for weeks. After a thorough exam, he was able to find the exact muscular point that was causing the pain. Harvard and Mayo trained doc for sure! With just a few acupuncture treatments and some P.T. strengthening, I am pain free! I was so nervous about the acupuncture, but it truly works! He took the time to educate me on how my muscles respond to pain & how to live pain free. Highly recommend!
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
I went to see Dr. Esser because of pain I was experiencing while running in my foot/ankle. He was able diagnose my pain immediately and got me an MRI that every day! I was so thrilled with his kind character to take the time to share his knowledge and help me treat my pain so that I am back to running. He is an amazing doctor, and I recommend him to all my family, friends and running groups!
in Jacksonville, FL |
He seemed kind and compassionate, and genuinely concerned for my well-being.
in Ponte Vedra, FL |
Dr. Esser was very professional and did a great job explaining what the reasons for my pain and solutions to correct it.
in Yulee florida |
Dr. Essex was wonderful. He took the time with me and I didn't feel rushed. Did all necessary tests, but making sure I didn't have any unnecessary tests. Very sweet spirit. On my way to healing. Thank you Dr. Esser.
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
What a pleasant experience, finally a Dr who took time to answer my concerns and outline a great plan to avoid unnecessary surgery. He has me back on the courts and pain free'
After being having my back and neck pain ignored by other doctors, Dr Esser was the first to seen to actually care and provide solutions that would actually help me improve rather than rely on temporary pain relief. He also spent a significant amount of time explain to me in detail what was occurring and why I hurt.
He was the 4th MD I saw before getting an answer to recurring hip pain and the only one who told me I would run again
Have you seen Dr. Stephan Esser, MD?

Compare Dr. Esser

}

Dr. Esser's Care Philosophy

Dr. Esser's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine

Dr. Esser has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Esser's Board Certifications

• Ataxia
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Graduated in 2008

Carolina's Med Ctr
    Harvard Med Sch, Spaulding Rehab Hosp, Mass Genl Hosp
    Mayo Medical School

Dr. Esser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Esser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine