Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD

Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD

Interventional Cardiology  ·
Male
Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD is an interventional cardiology specialist in Humble, TX and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University of Perugia / Faculty of Medicine And Surgery in 1990 and specializes in interventional cardiology, cardiology, and more.Read his story

18450 Highway 59 N

Humble, TX 77338

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Sdringola-Maranga's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cardiovascular Stress Test

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga performs Cardiovascular Stress Test more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Chest Pain

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga treats Chest Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Hypertensive Heart Disease

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga treats Hypertensive Heart Disease more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease

• Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Balloon Angioplasty
  • Cardiac Angiography
  • Cardiac Arrest
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Artery Stenosis
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocarditis
  • Familial Atrial Fibrillation
  • Familial Combined Hyperlipidemia
  • Familial Hypercholesterolemia
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Ultrasound, Cardiac
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Ventricular Fibrillation

We do believe in patient's education and information to make them empowered and in control of the care they will best decide to receive.
We want to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of every patient who seeks my attention. I put myself...

• Interventional Cardiology

• Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award, 2012
  • America’s Top Physician, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2005
  • Cardiovascular Medicine Award, UT Medical School at Houston, 1999
  • The Weatherhead Distinguished University-Chair of Heart Diseases, 2006
  • Physician of The Year Award Nomination (Memorial Hermann Hospital, Texas Medical Center, Houston)., 2005,2007,2008
  • Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award, University of Texas-Houston, 2002,2003,2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
  • “Attending of the Year Award”, Cardiology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, (Selected by cardiology fellows), 2002,2006,2008

• Impact of unexpected factors on quantitative myocardial perfusion and coronary flow reserve in young, asymptomatic volunteers, April 2011
  • Cost analysis of PET and comprehensive lifestyle modification for the reversal of atherosclerosis., January 201
  • Anatomic versus physiologic assessment of coronary artery disease. Role of coronary flow reserve, fractional flow reserve, and positron emission tomography imaging in revascularization decision-making., Oct 2013
  • Patient selection for elective revascularization to reduce myocardial infarction and mortality: new lessons from randomized trials, coronary physiology, and statistics, May 8 2005
  • Noninvasive flow reserve to guide and verify percutaneous coronary intervention., August 2011

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sdringola-Maranga

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga?
Dr. Sdringola-Maranga's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Sdringola saved my life! He is engaging, a great listener, & wants to help you live longer for yourself & your family. He is a Preventive Cardiologist, with a goal to keep you from ever needing heart surgery. He is my friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Takes time explains things & even answered some questions more than once. He is very thorough. You can talk to him like real person. Discuss things, he won't tell you everything you want to hear but you should listen to him. He is Kind, caring, gentle, trustworthy, a great bedside manner, compassion and passionate, he even has a sense of humor which really love & appreciate. He is the real deal and has such a refreshing outlook on treating patients with such respect, dignity & grace
Hello Paula, We are so pleased to hear that you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Listens to the patient, and has a calm easy demeanor. Highly recommend him!
Hi Karla, Thank you so much for your review!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
If I could had more stars I would! I just don’t believe there is a better Cardiologist! True Care & Concern! Dr Sdringola-Maranga made sure I had the best Thoratic Surgeon & Electrophysiologist! To Me the most important concern a heart patient should have? Are they receiving the very best! And I do! He takes his time & listens! He has last call on any medical condition that I may have.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
He is the very best doctor I ever had. He always exhibits the best care, concern and interest in my health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Great Dr. takes time to talk with you and make sure you understand everything
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Sdringola for many years. During all that time he has been an an unusually caring physician who has been an important source of encouragement in maintaining my cardiac health. I have been very impressed by his ability and knowledge during several cardio procedures and his availability whenever there is a problem or a question.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
He is the best doctor that I have gone to. In 2008 March 26th he and God saved my life. I was just about gone until God used his hands to bring me back to earth. I thank God and Dr. Sdringola .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
My husband has been a patient of Dr. Sdringola since 2006. He has received wonderful care and caring. Dr. Sdringola, in fact, insists that you text him with any issue you are concerned about. Dr. Sdringola was the cardiologist on call in December 2006 when my husband had to have a stent. We feel so fortunate that he was the doctor placed in our lives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Dr. Sdringola-Maranga is not only the very best Cardiologist in the Houston area but the most caring and loving physician I have personally met. I have been a nurse for 34 years and I owe my life and my heart to this incredible doctor. He cares about each and every human being he touches. Since he has been caring for me he has literally cared for the whole me not just my cardiac issues. He always takes his time asks about my life and how I am caring for me. I would recommend him as the very best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
A true human being who care for the mankind.....a great doctor and a fun person to have as a trusted friend. I am very bless to be under his care as my cardiologist. He is always there to help and give you the best advise, he does what is necessary and does not put his patients through many unnecessary diagnostics and tests that cost a lot of money. I must thank you so very much for all his caring for me over the last 8 years. God bless you dr. Stefano.... Kindest personal regards, Ezat
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Dr. Sdringola is a compassionate, caring and well-mannered doctor. He had taken care of our 84 y.o. dad who had 6 blockages, 80% each. He was able to successfully placed 4 stents which not only gave our dad a second chance in life but also helped gained his strength back. Though it was a very risky stent placement due to location of blockages, he was able to maneuver it safely and successfully. He is a great cardiologist, honest, caring and God-fearing doctor. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
3 years ago I suffered a heart attack and was taken to Memorial Hermann and revive 3 times on the way to the Hospital where Dr. Sdringola took over and save my life. It turns out. I had 100% blocked on one of my arteries going to the heart. He later put in 3 Stents. These life saving event lead to the discovery of not only a great physician but one of the most compassionate human being I have ever come across. He is a total dedicated physician with lots of experience in interventional Cardiology
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
2007 transported to hospital with near 100% blockage at aorta, received stint and placed in Sdringola's care. Through dedicated practice from Dr. and patiently following instructions got back to highschool peak fitness at 59 years of age. Dr encouraged continuously improving diet to more fruits and vegetables and less fat, patient worked out in a boxing gym to gain fitness. Today I spend two days a week doing 15 ea 3 minute rounds and have reduced my medications multiple times. Teamwork
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
This man is the best! He has taken care of my 92 year old mother for years! He is now my doctor as well. He is very personable and caring. Spends whatever time it takes to listen to his patients and makes himself available to their needs. He is very honest and trusting and truly cares that his patients and their families understand and are involved in the care process. I believe he saved me from a near stroke! Grateful he is my doctor and in my city! Would recommend him highly!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
As an RN trained (& worked) in the Texas Medical Center, my standards are very high. Dr. Sdringola is the best of the best. Not only does he explain things so they are easily understood by all, he is patient & a great listener. Dr. Sdringola cares about the whole person & has gone above & beyond my expectations time & time again. His staff is considerate, timely, and conscientious about our time. I cannot say enough about Dr. Sdringola, as a physician and human being. He is a rarity & a gift.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Dr. Sdringola has the best bed side manners, he listen to me, treats me like we are best friends, and when I'm in his office his full attention is on me. He is a very caring, friendly, passionate and professional Doctor.He really cares about his patients. He will go way and beyond to make sure his patients are will taking care of. and make sure you can reach him 24/7 a day, He is a awesome Cardiologist.To me he is the best in the world.I can honestly say that he saved my life two years ago
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Dr. Sdringola is a very caring and compassionate Physician. He has treated me for the past 15 years. I have been very Bless to be his patient and under his care. I can always depend on him to keep me lifted and to make sure we are on the same page with my medical care, and that I'm doing everything as a patient to take of my self and well being. I can always depend on Dr. Sdringola to give me straight answers and very important advice. Thank you Dr. Stefano I couldn't do this without you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
We have seen Dr. S on numerous occasions in office as well as in hospital. He has performed surgery for my husband and is cardiologist for both of us. I/we highly recommend Dr. S both as a professional and as a caring person. He is special to us both.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Dr. Sdringola is not only a great Cardiologist but a Doctor with a caring heart. In 2008 I had a heart attack with all types off cardio problems . I am convince he help saved my life. He even prayed with me. I have been one off his patients sense then. I have since moved to Oceanside, California but I still travel back to Houston, Texas to see him. Also his staff is awesome I have been to the Pearland office and the staff is wonderful. I believe the staff makes the difference. Art Ramos
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sdringola-Maranga?

Vital Heart & Vein