Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD

Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD

Cardiology  |
Male
Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He has been practicing for 27 years. Read his story

6400 Fannin St Ste 2210B

Learn about Dr. Sdringola-Maranga

See how frequently Dr. Sdringola-Maranga performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cardiovascular Stress Test
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sdringola-Maranga "I am a former Distinguished University Professor at the University Of Texas Medical School Of Houston, I joined the Cardiovascular Association (now known as VITAL Heart and Vein) in 2015. I am a Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and Certified by the Board Nuclear Cardiology. I received my medical degree summa cum laude from the University of Perugia (Italy) in 1990 and I completed my residency and fellowship training in Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston where I served as a Cardiology Faculty from 2000 till 2015. I have cutting edge knowledge and extensive experience in the treatment of acute coronary syndromes, in the comprehensive management of coronary atherosclerosis (CAD) from prevention to revascularization procedures and in the regression of atherosclerosis. I am an expert in nuclear imaging and positron emission tomography (P.E.T.) for accurate assessment and management of CAD. I am the author of more than 130 peer review publications and I have been the principal investigator of the CENTURY Health Study: a 10-year, 1300 patients, and study to promote healthy lifestyle choices, prevent tragedies and reduce the direct and indirect costs from heart disease in America. In 2009 I earned a Master in Health Care Administration to better respond to people's health care needs. I am very active in the Houston's community providing free lectures and other educational activities for the prevention and regression of atherosclerosis. Among my many Awards for teaching and quality of clinical service, I am a proud recipient of the prestigious Leonard Tow 2012 Humanism in Medicine Award. I am fluent in English, Italian, Spanish and French. I joined VITAL Heart and Vein (formerly known as Cardiovascular Association, a large cardiovascular specialty group ) to further contribute to their exemplary commitment to a value based, patient centered, compassionate service to our large community. I want to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of every patient who seeks my attention. I put myself at the service of my patients and their families, giving them the highest possible respect and the time they desire."

This content was provided by Dr. Sdringola-Maranga "We do believe in patient's education and information to make them empowered and in control of the care they will best decide to receive.

We want to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of every patient who seeks my attention. I put myself at the service of my patients and their families, giving them the highest possible respect and the time they desire.

I joined VITAL Heart and Vein (formerly known as Cardiovascular Association) to further contribute to their exemplary commitment to a value based, patient centered, compassionate service to our large community."

• Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy, Dilated
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Artery Stenosis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Familial Atrial Fibrillation
  • Familial Combined Hyperlipidemia
  • Familial Hypercholesterolemia
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Atherectomy
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Balloon Angioplasty
  • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
  • Cardiac Angiography
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Renal Artery Angioplasty
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Ultrasound, Cardiac
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

• Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award, 2012
  • America’s Top Physician, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2005
  • Cardiovascular Medicine Award, UT Medical School at Houston, 1999
  • The Weatherhead Distinguished University-Chair of Heart Diseases, 2006
  • Physician of The Year Award Nomination (Memorial Hermann Hospital, Texas Medical Center, Houston)., 2005,2007,2008
  • Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award, University of Texas-Houston, 2002,2003,2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
  • “Attending of the Year Award”, Cardiology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, (Selected by cardiology fellows), 2002,2006,2008
  • Impact of unexpected factors on quantitative myocardial perfusion and coronary flow reserve in young, asymptomatic volunteers, April 2011
  • Cost analysis of PET and comprehensive lifestyle modification for the reversal of atherosclerosis., January 201
  • Anatomic versus physiologic assessment of coronary artery disease. Role of coronary flow reserve, fractional flow reserve, and positron emission tomography imaging in revascularization decision-making., Oct 2013
  • Patient selection for elective revascularization to reduce myocardial infarction and mortality: new lessons from randomized trials, coronary physiology, and statistics, May 8 2005
  • Noninvasive flow reserve to guide and verify percutaneous coronary intervention., August 2011

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sdringola-Maranga and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sdringola-Maranga's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sdringola-Maranga to family and friends
Dr. Sdringola-Maranga's Performance
in Richmond, TX |
Great Dr. takes time to talk with you and make sure you understand everything
in Pearland, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sdringola for many years. During all that time he has been an an unusually caring physician who has been an important source of encouragement in maintaining my cardiac health. I have been very impressed by his ability and knowledge during several cardio procedures and his availability whenever there is a problem or a question.
in Houston, TX |
He is the best doctor that I have gone to. In 2008 March 26th he and God saved my life. I was just about gone until God used his hands to bring me back to earth. I thank God and Dr. Sdringola .
in Houston, TX |
My husband has been a patient of Dr. Sdringola since 2006. He has received wonderful care and caring. Dr. Sdringola, in fact, insists that you text him with any issue you are concerned about. Dr. Sdringola was the cardiologist on call in December 2006 when my husband had to have a stent. We feel so fortunate that he was the doctor placed in our lives.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sdringola-Maranga is not only the very best Cardiologist in the Houston area but the most caring and loving physician I have personally met. I have been a nurse for 34 years and I owe my life and my heart to this incredible doctor. He cares about each and every human being he touches. Since he has been caring for me he has literally cared for the whole me not just my cardiac issues. He always takes his time asks about my life and how I am caring for me. I would recommend him as the very best
in Houston, TX |
A true human being who care for the mankind.....a great doctor and a fun person to have as a trusted friend. I am very bless to be under his care as my cardiologist. He is always there to help and give you the best advise, he does what is necessary and does not put his patients through many unnecessary diagnostics and tests that cost a lot of money. I must thank you so very much for all his caring for me over the last 8 years. God bless you dr. Stefano.... Kindest personal regards, Ezat
in Pearland, TX |
Dr. Sdringola is a compassionate, caring and well-mannered doctor. He had taken care of our 84 y.o. dad who had 6 blockages, 80% each. He was able to successfully placed 4 stents which not only gave our dad a second chance in life but also helped gained his strength back. Though it was a very risky stent placement due to location of blockages, he was able to maneuver it safely and successfully. He is a great cardiologist, honest, caring and God-fearing doctor. I would highly recommend him!
in League City, TX |
3 years ago I suffered a heart attack and was taken to Memorial Hermann and revive 3 times on the way to the Hospital where Dr. Sdringola took over and save my life. It turns out. I had 100% blocked on one of my arteries going to the heart. He later put in 3 Stents. These life saving event lead to the discovery of not only a great physician but one of the most compassionate human being I have ever come across. He is a total dedicated physician with lots of experience in interventional Cardiology
in Channelview, TX |
2007 transported to hospital with near 100% blockage at aorta, received stint and placed in Sdringola's care. Through dedicated practice from Dr. and patiently following instructions got back to highschool peak fitness at 59 years of age. Dr encouraged continuously improving diet to more fruits and vegetables and less fat, patient worked out in a boxing gym to gain fitness. Today I spend two days a week doing 15 ea 3 minute rounds and have reduced my medications multiple times. Teamwork
in Houston, TX |
This man is the best! He has taken care of my 92 year old mother for years! He is now my doctor as well. He is very personable and caring. Spends whatever time it takes to listen to his patients and makes himself available to their needs. He is very honest and trusting and truly cares that his patients and their families understand and are involved in the care process. I believe he saved me from a near stroke! Grateful he is my doctor and in my city! Would recommend him highly!!!
Cypress, TX |
As an RN trained (& worked) in the Texas Medical Center, my standards are very high. Dr. Sdringola is the best of the best. Not only does he explain things so they are easily understood by all, he is patient & a great listener. Dr. Sdringola cares about the whole person & has gone above & beyond my expectations time & time again. His staff is considerate, timely, and conscientious about our time. I cannot say enough about Dr. Sdringola, as a physician and human being. He is a rarity & a gift.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Sdringola is completely invested--he wants to ensure I'm around for my family as long as possible. I originally was referred to him by my family doctor as "one of two preventive heart fanatics in Houston"--the other is Dr. Kenneth Gould who works with Dr. S in the Century Health Study. I was accepted into the Study, and it literally saved my life. I had 99% blockage in the major LAD heart artery, and had no symptoms. The Study revealed the blockage.
in Port Bolivar, TX |
Dr. Sdringola has the best bed side manners, he listen to me, treats me like we are best friends, and when I'm in his office his full attention is on me. He is a very caring, friendly, passionate and professional Doctor.He really cares about his patients. He will go way and beyond to make sure his patients are will taking care of. and make sure you can reach him 24/7 a day, He is a awesome Cardiologist.To me he is the best in the world.I can honestly say that he saved my life two years ago
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sdringola is a very caring and compassionate Physician. He has treated me for the past 15 years. I have been very Bless to be his patient and under his care. I can always depend on him to keep me lifted and to make sure we are on the same page with my medical care, and that I'm doing everything as a patient to take of my self and well being. I can always depend on Dr. Sdringola to give me straight answers and very important advice. Thank you Dr. Stefano I couldn't do this without you.
in Houston, TX |
We have seen Dr. S on numerous occasions in office as well as in hospital. He has performed surgery for my husband and is cardiologist for both of us. I/we highly recommend Dr. S both as a professional and as a caring person. He is special to us both.
in Oceanside Ca |
Dr. Sdringola is not only a great Cardiologist but a Doctor with a caring heart. In 2008 I had a heart attack with all types off cardio problems . I am convince he help saved my life. He even prayed with me. I have been one off his patients sense then. I have since moved to Oceanside, California but I still travel back to Houston, Texas to see him. Also his staff is awesome I have been to the Pearland office and the staff is wonderful. I believe the staff makes the difference. Art Ramos
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sdringola is a brilliant doctor. He managed to save my life after I suffered what he termed a "massive" heart attack. Since then, by following his advice, my heart function has actually improved! He can explain what is going on in understandable terms. He has several different office locations, so you can go to whichever office is most convenient. He provides his personal cell phone to patients, and doesn't mind if you call, even about minor issues. He really cares about you as a person
in Sugar Land, TX |
I met Dr. Sdringola while visiting my daughter in Houston. He succeeded in figuring out the underlying cause of my fibrillation issues and promptly solved them with a targeted therapy. I had gone to several doctors abroad, who were not able to understand what was going on. I'm so grateful to Dr. Sdringola. And he is the kindest physician I have ever met. I highly recommend him!
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Sdringola is simply the best physician who has ever followed me. I knew he was a renowned cardiologist, so I wasn't surprised by his superb clinical abilities and incredible medical knowledge (which he makes sure to make easy for the patient to understand), but I was strongly impressed by his compassion and empathy. He not only solves your immediate issues, but teaches you how to prevent future risks by coaching you lifestyle, exercise and diet. A great doctor and a wonderful human being.
in Houston, TX |
The best doctor I have ever had. I love that he takes his time explain everything to me
in Guadalajara, México |
Stefano Sdringola, M.D., can be called a real Mensch, meaning “human” in the best sense of the word. His résumé is proof of extraordinary skill and his manner with patients is a model that students and others in the medical field should strive to emulate. I looked him up online and saw he is at the top of his profession. I’m a resident of Mexico and gladly fly to Houston from Guadalajara to remain one of Dr. Sdringola’s patients. Those of us who are his patients are lucky people.
in Pasadena, TX |
The absolute best doctor we have ever had. He was in ER the night my husband had a heart attack. (LADA). He put a stint in his heart and saved his life. Bedside manner, time & care & compassion for patients & family is above & beyond. He even came to the hospital @ my husbands request, when I was very ill. Honestly don't think I would have survived if he had not come by. He listens to the patients & then makes brilliant decisions. We heard that he is known as "God & his Angels". We luv him
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Sdringola has been my cardiologist for the past ten years. He implanted a stent in me after a Life Flight ride to Memorial Hermann down town. Since that time he has cared for me with great enthusiasm and genuine concern. He is approachable, kind, and can also be quite strict. I feel our relationship has grown into a friendship of which I am very pleased. I look forward to my visits with him and would recommend him without reservation.
Pearland, TX |
Outstanding physician
Have you seen Dr. Stefano Sdringola-Maranga, MD?
Are you Dr. Sdringola-Maranga?

See our Cardiology Specialists at Pearland Medical Center