Dr. Stavros Lazarou, MD

Dr. Stavros Lazarou, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
88 reviews

Dr. Stavros Lazarou, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Great Neck, NY. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Lazarou is affiliated with NYU Winthrop Hospital....See Less

Women's Contemporary Care

600 Northern Blvd Ste 106

Great Neck, NY 11021

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Lazarou

Dr. Lazarou's Experience

Dr. Lazarou's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Maternal Hypotension Syndrome
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Sympathectomy
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Lazarou has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lazarou does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lazarou and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Lazarou's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lazarou to family and friends
Dr. Lazarou's Performance
in Ridgewood, NY |
Words cannot express how grateful I am for Dr.Lazarou! From the very beginning of my pregnancy, he has been nothing but caring, honest, and supportive. I never felt undermined or rushed- He always took the time out to address any questions or concerns at every appointment. At a very critical moment in the pregnancy, he put things into perspective to the point where, for once, my husband and I felt that we could be certain that everything was going to be ok! By far, the BEST OB/GYN EVER!
New York, NY |
There are no words to describe Dr. Lazarou. He is arguably the best doctor I have ever encountered. He is patient and kind. He actually listens to his patients. When I gave birth to my son, he never left my side. My husband and I felt at ease knowing we were in completely safe and reliable hands. If he could be my doctor for everything and everyone in my family I would be thrilled. I refer him to everyone one I know looking for an OB/GYN. *His MA Syreeta is also TOP NOTCH!!!!! I love her.
Dr. Lazarou is an excellent gynecologist as well as OB. He is friendly, attentive and genuinely concerned about his patients. He has excellent bedside manner and goes the extra mile to be there for his patients. He delivered my third child, and from early pregnancy to delivery, he was amazing. Dr. Lazarou takes the time to check in on you and to go above what you would expect from a doctor. I recommend him to all my friends and family.
Glen Oaks, NY |
Dr. Lazarou was the best OB-GYN we could have ever hoped to meet. He is highly attentive to the millions of questions asked by a first-time nervous mommy; extremely patient, kind and skilled. His bedside manner during both my C-Section and (sadly some time later) a miscarriage went above and beyond what we could have expected in a busy doctor. Oh and the minimal incision scar from the C-section was truly the work of a top-skilled surgeon. Dr. Lazarou was a gift to us from Heaven.
in Ridgewood, NY |
Dr. Lazarou delivered both of my children and kept us well informed about the tests that needed to be performed, and all pertinent information throughout my pregnancies.
Dr. Lazarou is the best doctor I have ever had. His medical knowledge, preparedness for each case, and wonderful bedside manner are just a few of his superb qualities. Procedures he has performed on me all went perfectly. I am fully confident in his abilities. He is attentive to the patient’s needs; he listens to questions and answers them in full. As a long-time patient, I highly recommend Dr. Lazarou to anyone who is seeking a doctor that is professional, well-educated, and easy to talk to.
in Astoria, NY |
Dr Lazarou is an exceptional doctor! Very personable. Always takes time with his patients. He really cares and makes you feel comfortable. He helped me through my first pregnancy and labor.
in Lynbrook, NY |
Dr. Lazarou is the best doctor I have ever seen. He is professional, personable and extremely knowledged in his area of specialty. I was a patient of his before my daughter, during my pregnancy and through labor and delivery. I could not have asked for a better person to be there for me. You can ask him ANY question and he will always make time for you. He is truly in this field for the right reason. He is an amazing doctor but more than that a truly wonderful person. *lucky that I found him!
in Port Washington, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Lazarou for almost 3 years. I couldn't have made a better choice in an OBGYN. He is extremely knowledgable & caring, never rushes the pt & answers all questions. He is the only doctor I know who truly cares about his patients and their wellbeing. There is no one else I would have wanted to deliver my son. After 22 hours of labor and the baby's arm in the way of delivery, Dr. Laz made it possible to safely deliver him and avoid a c-section. Highly highly recommended.
in Whitestone, NY |
I have been with Dr. Laz for almost 6 years now. He took me over when I was just 5 weeks pregnant with my first child and has since delivered my second child just 3 months ago. He is one of the most amazing and genuine people I have ever met. I not only stay in touch with him for visits, but send updates on the kids to him any chance I get. He has gone above and beyond any other doctor in his profession ever has for me and I would highly recommend him to anyone! he is truly amazing
Queens, NY |
Medical professionals like Dr. Lazarou are difficult to come by these days. He genuninely cares for his patients and is sure to take his time without every rushing you. I always feel like I can ask him any question. During all of my appointments with him and all the way up to my first delivery I always trusted that he would make the right decision for me and my family. He delivered my first born and I am seeing him for my second child. Dr. Lazarou really loves and enjoys what he does.
in Fresh Meadows, New York |
I've been seeing Dr. Sample for a short time and I must say he is AWESOME. His level of professionalism and patient care is OUTSTANDING. He always answers your questions your visit is never a rushed visit. Dr. Lazarou takes the time to hear your concerns and actually provides thorough attention to them. He is as personable as they come and it makes it easier to open up to him. Best doctor I have had!
in Ridgewood, NY |
Dr Lazarou is competent and dedicated to his patients, precise and kind. He prepares you for the eventual outcomes, good or bad, so the measures can be taken and have the things sorted out in the best way possible. I have had an unexpected surgery and I was so glad he came, was very comforting for a woman who was having her first child. Obsestric work is so important, so I decided to share my experience and let others know what they can expect, to express gratitude for the excellent care.
in Massapequa, NY |
I had the amazing opportunity to be under Dr Lazerou's care for my recent pregnancy/delivery. As a first time mom, I was extremely nervous and had constant questions and concerns in which he NEVER made me feel irrational. Dr.Lazerou provided the most professional and thorough care from beginning to end. I felt comfortable at every apppintment, he treats you like family...& I always knew he had mine and my family in his best interest. I only wish all of my drs had his level of care!
in MIDDLE VILLAGE,NY |
An extremely attentive, professional with high regard for patient care and well being. Great personality. Puts patients at ease even in the most delicate situations. I am so glad I was referred to him by my sister. Wouldn't have wanted anyone else to guide my pregnancies and bring my children into this world.
in Williston Park, NY |
I was looking for a doctor for my wellness visits, after searching the internet &reading other peoples reviews, I chose Dr. Lazarou. I was not disappointed!! From the moment I arrived at the office, staff was friendly & quick to processes me with my paper work. The examining room nurse was friendly, asked all her questions to me professionally. Dr. Stavros Lazarou was Very warm, easy to talk to, listened to my questions and concerns & then answered them completely. Highly recommend this doctor
in Bellmore , NY |
He has delivered both of my children both c-sections. He had made me feel comfortable and trustworthy under his care. He is the most thorough doctor I've ever encountered. I only wish I was fortunate enough to have more doctors like him. The office he works in is the only problem! Yet one visit with him u forget the time before hand!
in Fresh Meadows, NY |
After hearing my sister brag about how amazing Dr. Lazarou is I immediately made him my doctor when I got pregnant. There aren't enough words to describe how genuine this man is. He truly cares about each and every one of his patients and makes them feel as if they were family. Dr. Lazarou's calming tone and professionalism made my labor and delivery go smoothly. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Lazarou to everyone. You will never find a doctor like him!
in Howard Beach, NY |
He delivered my baby and he was there throughout my entire labor making sure I was comfortable and informed and taken care of. He kept me updated and checked in on me often, seeing if there was anything he could do. He cares a lot for his patients and answers every single question or concern. He isn't like some doctors who will rush you and treat you just like another patient. He was there for me every step of the way and for someone I trusted with delivering my daughter, I am so thankful.
in Massapequa, NY |
I only have wonderful things to say about Dr. Laz. He is a kind man who makes you feel safe & comfortable. After suffering two losses, He gave me the reassurance I needed to make it full term. He saw me every week until I was ready to go into labor and once the time came He waited 20 hours to be able to deliver my daughter. During the duration of my stay, He continued to check on my family. 8 months later when I was pregnant again, He followed the same steps to deliver my second healthy girl.
He is an amazing Doctor! I saw both him and Dr Roberts during my pregnancy and both were at the delivery. I felt very comfortable and confident with the care I received. I have recommended him to my friends and they were also happy with their care!
in Glendale, NY |
Words cannot express how amazing Dr. Lazarou is, he is one of few in the profression that treats his patients like his family. He helped me through very difficult times and always remained optomistic. His professionalism is at beyond what a patient would expect from thier doctor, he never made me doubt or question anything that we came across. Words I will never forget when we thanked him for everything after delivering our healthy baby boy, "We did it as a team!" I'm forever thankful!
in Maspeth NY |
Dr. Stavros Lazarou is very professional, kind, and caring doctor. I have never met such a friendly doctor as Dr. Lazarou. He never rush but always listens and answers all my questions and concerns. I had a wonderful pregnancy and delivery experience with him. I would really recommend him to anyone looking for a great OB. The best doctor ever!
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Lazarou is a knowledgeable and compassionate physician. Historically I've always preferred to have female Ob-Gyn but Dr. Lazarou came highly recommended and in fact I'm even more comfortable with him than any previous doctors. I appreciate that he addresses concerns in a detailed meaningful manner and he returns phone calls in relatively no time!
in Great Neck, NY |
Dr. Lazarou is absolutely the best OB/GYN doctor! I had the best delivery experience with him. I wish I had began my pre-natal visits with him from the start! I started off at the practice with Dr. Roberts. The receptionists made it seem like he was the only one working there. I saw him for most of my pregnancy and he reassured me that he was going to be delivering me. Dr. L delivered me and I found out Dr. Roberts doesn't even deliver!!! I will be returning to Dr. L for my future pregnancies.
in Bronx, NY |
Professional, knowledgeable, reliable, caring. Treats you with respect and like apart of his family.
in Williston Park, NY |
I visited with multiple OB/GYNs with my first pregnancy and was so relieved to find Dr. Lazarou. I trust him more than any other doctor and value his opinion immensely. He is truly the best.
in Whitestone, NY |
Dr. Lazarou is an exceptional doctor that treats you like family. He made me feel very comfortable and gave me a peace of mind from my first visit to my delivery. He made decisions during my delivery that allowed for me and my baby to be safe. His decision for my c-section saved me from having to have another surgery 6 weeks after delivery due to complications. I would 100% recommend him to any of my friends and family. He is not only my doctor but has become our friend. Thank you!!!
in New York |
He is an amazing, compassionate, knowledgeable Doctor. I was very lucky to deliver my son with him via c section. Would recommend him to anyone. He treats everyone like a family member. Thank you, Dr. Lazarou.
in Brooklyn Ny |
Dr Lazarou delivered not one but both of my boys hes an amazing doctor he makes you feel like family hes there to answer any and all of your questions very patient and straight foward he as well makes your feel safe and secure thru your whole pregnancy nd during delivery he makes everything as smooth and fast as possible i recommend dr lazarou 100% cant wait for out next journey together
Dr. Lazarou is an AMAZING doctor! Delivered both my children. Could have not asked for a smoother delivery & recovery. Dr. Lazarou takes the time to answer all your questions, making you feel comfortable and safe from pregnancy to delivery. I wish I could say the same for the practice. Upsetting that you have to push your way to get an appointment with Dr. Lazarou. Office will try to forcefully give you an appointment with another doctor, that will NOT be at delivery.
in Astoria NY |
Dr. Stavros Lazarou is a great doctor. He made decisions while I was in labor to make my delivery as smooth as possible. I will be forever grateful.
Have you seen Dr. Stavros Lazarou, MD?
Are you Dr. Lazarou?

Visit Dr. Lazarou

Dr. Lazarou accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Hospitals where Dr. Lazarou has admitting privileges

NYU Winthrop Hospital
259 1st St
Mineola, NY 11501

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Lazarou at Women's Contemporary Care

Dr. Fredric Moon, DO