Dr. Stanford Shoss, MD

Dr. Stanford Shoss, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Stanford Shoss, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Sugar Land, TX. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Read his story

16545 Southwest Fwy Ste 100

Sugar Land, TX 77479

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Shoss

See how frequently Dr. Shoss performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ear Ache
Acute Tonsillitis
Earwax Buildup

Dr. Shoss's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Shoss' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shoss "Stanford Marvin Shoss, M.D., was a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He attended Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, where he received his Doctor of Medicine degree in July 1981. His Internship in General Surgery was done at Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, and then back to Baylor College of Medicine for his Residency in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. He became a Diplomat of the American Board of Otolaryngology in October 1986. In 1988, Dr. Shoss became a member of the HENT medical staff. His interest in education has led him to teaching positions in area medical schools along with his medical practice. Dr. Shoss holds memberships in several professional and honor societies, and has served three individual terms as Otolaryngology Section Chairman at Memorial Southwest Hospital."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy

• Parkland Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Baylor College Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Shoss has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shoss does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shoss and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shoss' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shoss to family and friends
Dr. Shoss' Performance
in Missouri City, TX |
My family members and I have seen Dr. Shoss over the years for problems ranging from ear infections in young children to vertigo, tinnitus & hearing tests in adults. Dr. Shoss has always listened to our description of our medical issues, thoroughly examined us and ordered appropriate tests as needed. His manner is always kind and caring. Dr. Shoss is easy to talk with and has a nice sense of humor. I would highly recommend Dr. Shoss to others as an experienced, thorough & caring ENT doctor.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shoss was recommended to me by my PCP. He is friendly and personable. After explaining my symptoms and an examination, he knew exactly what my problem was and my options for treatment. The staff at his office are helpful and friendly as well.
in Houston, TX |
I would Dr. Shoss to anyone in need of care for ENT issues. He has helped me with my problems for several years and is always attentive to the patient's needs.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shoss is very attentive to my concerns & discusses them with me so that I can truly understand. He is very knowledgeable & has a very pleasant manner with his patients.
in New Braunfels |
Dr Shoss was so kind and knowledgeable. He fixed my problem on the first visit after going 2 other Drs that could not. Highly recommend him.
Dr. Shoss is very thorough and does a good job of explaining any problems. He and his staff are very friendly and courteous. Have also referred him to friends who also liked him very much.
in Harlingen, Tx |
The staff and doctor ran tests and immediately afterwards presented and explained the results, thoroughly.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shoss gave me a very thorough exam and really listened to my concerns. I had a lot of questions and he patiently answered them without making me feel rushed.
Angleton , TX |
Very thorough, spent time answering questions about results of the tests I had done. Most doctors seem to be in a hurry, but he took the time to answer my questions and offered suggestions.
Houston, TX |
Stan is a professional, caring and thorough medical doctor. He is expertly knowledgeable of all elements of his speciality. I came in for a ear issue and not only was he able to immediately diagnose my problem, he would not let me leave before performing a complete examination of my throat and nose. His office was able to accommodate an appointment that very same day. I would never think of any other doc for anything regarding his speciality. Top in his field. 100% recommended.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Shoss was friendly and thorough. He explained my situation very clearly, including optional treatments and what these treatments might hope to achieve. His openness was refreshing.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shoss diagnosed and removed a tumor in my ear 28 years ago. Since then, I have visited twice a year just for this issue and sometimes more depending on whether or not I fell sick. Dr. Shoss has been an angel and is absolutely the best ENT around!
Houston, TX |
Great service always very thorough.
in Houston, TX 77082 |
DR Shoss. Thank You for all Your Help. Taking Care all MY Family for the last 30 Years. You Are The Best. I strongly recomment Dr Shoss to Every Body. Very Efficent. Very Effective. The main thing. He remove your pain immediataley. Dr Shos. God Bless You. Horlando Duque.
in Houston |
Good doctor quick and did a great job.
in Missouri City, TX |
Great!
Houston, TX |
Was able to schedule an appointment for the next day and they got us in and out quickly as we had another doctor's appointment afterward.
Sienna Plantation TX |
His office is very busy but I think it is because Dr. Shoss takes time to gather the most of information during your visit and also offers time to listen to your concerns, questions and doubts. He explained all the options I had. I feel very confident as a patient with his professionalim.
in Houston, TX |
The wait was long, but everone super nice and friendly. I really liked Dr. Shoss, he knows his business and was so gentle( I'm a. a big wuss too) ..He fixed me right up
in Houston, TX 77099 |
Honest, caring and knowledgeable. Great team.
Richmond |
After visiting "ENT Sugarland" off Hwy 59. I am very disappointed.... He told me what I already knew about my condition, the only exception was he threw medical terms at me expecting me to understand what they meant. I highly DO NOT recommend visiting the ENT off hwy 59 or Dr. Shoss for that matter. I waited over an hour in the lobby and was only with Dr. Shoss for 15 minutes, half of that he spent typing into his computer. There is no value for what I was charged. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!
Richmond, TX |
Very thorough and efficient. Nice bedside manner.
San Antonio, TX |
I think that Dr. Shoss is very thorough yet conservative with children. He is always repo dive to my concerns.
Houston, TX |
Dr Shoss was on time and took the time necessary to evaluate and explain my medical issues with me. I didn't feel rushed and was a very comfortable environment.
in Richmond, TX |
Dr. Shoss is top notch. Highly recommend.
Houston, TX |
Have been a patient for years and found him and his team to be very professional and thorough.
Humble, TX |
Professional and Knowledgeable. Did not recommend unnecessary treatment or medications which I greatly appreciated. Took care of my problem quickly and efficiently and explained things in laymen terms that were easy to understand. Was very easy to talk to and explain my problem to.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shoss is how every doctor should practice! He is the ultimate in relating to patients- calm, understanding, sensitive to one's needs, and an all around wonderful human being! My wife and I have been in his service for about 18 years and think the world of him!
in Sugar Land, TX |
I was very pleased with Dr Shoss and Houston ENT. It was easy to make a prompt appointment, check in process was efficient, and the wait time was one of the best ever with any doctor. I was called from the waiting room 15 minutes after my appointment time and had barely sat down when Dr. Shoss came into the examination room. He was thorough, easy to talk with, explained what he was doing and his findings as he was examining me; at the end he summarized the examination and his diagnosis.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shoss really disappointed me. I arrived a half hour early to my appointment, didn't see him officially until 1 hour & 20 mins later then felt extremely rushed by him. He spent the majority of the time making analogies to my allergies and didn't let me speak. He also wasn't very sympathetic to my symptoms and most importantly, didn't take the time to consult me regarding a sinus surgery that I may potentially undergo. He told me he had other patients waiting & not to ask too many questions.
Have you seen Dr. Stanford Shoss, MD?
Are you Dr. Shoss?

See our Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at West Houston Medical Center

Visit Dr. Shoss