Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD

Allergy & Immunology •  Female • Age 53

Dr. McMurtry

Allergy & Asthma Consultants, Ltd

36100 N Brookside Dr Ste 203 Gurnee, IL 60031

Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD is a Allergy & Immunology Specialist in Gurnee, IL and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Michigan Medical School medical school in 1993. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. McMurtry to book an appointment.

Compare with other Allergy & Immunology Specialists

Compare Dr. McMurtry with our nearby Allergy & Immunology Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital today at (847) 260-7919.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Dr. McMurtry's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McMurtry

4.2

Dr. McMurtry?
I went to this practice for help. I had only one scratch test done which was administered by an assistant and not the doctor. She gave me way too much of the control positive which caused me to have a very bad reaction on my arm. I called the office for help the next day and was told to ignore it. I now have cellulitis on my arm. Snippy receptionist at Libertyville office. No call to see if I’m ok.
Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. McMurtry for several years and never hesitate to recommend her. She and her staff take the time to really listen and get to the bottom of the matter. You can tell they really care about helping their patients feel better. Their office is efficiently run but you never feel like just another patient - and she's amazing with kids too!!
TerriT – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
Dr. McMurtry was extremely patient and thorough when treating myself and my son for long-suffering but previously undiagnosed allergies. The care she provided answered many questions and gave us the ability to make informed health decisions. She was kind, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful.
SK in Evanston IL – Nov 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
With all the moving around I have done over the past 10 years, I am inclined to share how extremely grateful I am for Dr. McMurty's expertise, responsiveness, & kindness. She has seen me through the worst- a horrible hive condition that left me in tears. She helped me get to a place of remission. She takes time for her patients, even helping me find a local allergist after a recent move. She is down to earth and easy to talk to. I can't ask for a better doc & would trust her to care for my child
TKR in Thomson, Illinois – Oct 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
As an asthmatic, I'm very vulnerable to environmental allergens. So when I first saw Dr.McMurtry, I wanted to learn about my allergies and was able to do that and more. She took her time with testing me, explained about potential allergens in my home, and discussed ways to reduce them. More recently, when I thought I developed a shellfish allergy, I went back to Dr.McMurtry and was very carefully tested/monitored. She answered all my questions and was reassuring in the process. She's the best!
Shellie in Chicago, IL – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
Dr. McMurtry helped us navigate through a very difficult period in which our 3 year old had constant respiratory infections which impacted his overall health, energy and wellness, as well as attendance at school/daycare for him and work for us as parents. She helped quickly diagnose allergies as the foundation to his illnesses and started us on a course of treatment that has over the years resulted in his significantly improved health. She is caring, compassionate, and communicates well.
Christine G. in Libertyville, IL – Sep 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
I have recently referred two friends to see Dr. McMurtry. She has been my allergist for the last fifteen years and is an outstanding physician. Dr. McMurtry is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. She is one of the few physicians I have seen that goes above and beyond to really listen to her patients. She collaborates with my other doctors to ensure best practice and care. Dr. McMurtry has called me at home to check in on me when my asthma is out of control. She is amazing!??
Kara in Libertyville, IL – Sep 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. McMurtry for ten years. She is an exceptional physician who has helped me gain control of my allergies and asthma. Dr. McMurtry has a wonderful bedside manner and truly cares about her patients. I can not say enough great things about her. If you are looking for a phenomenal and competent Allergy and Asthma Doctor with a tremendous knowledge base, I would recommend that you schedule an appointment to meet with her.
Jeff D. in Libertyville, IL – Sep 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
Extremely rude and arrogant if you speak to her on the phone. She clearly doesn't like being questioned, as she is quick to become defensive. She puts her business before the health of her patients by besieging you with unnecessary follow up appointments that last less than 10 minutes. She offers nothing new or cutting edge in the way of allergy treatment, nevertheless, she will try to convince you she invented the wheel.
JB in Libertyville – Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
I had two extremely negative experiences with Dr. McMurtry! Her judgement on the timing, order and type of allergy challenge was poor, which resulted in unnecessary lab tests on young kids and made them suffer even more! She was arrogant, stubborn and impatient. She didn't spend time listening to patient's questions and concerns. She easily became very defensive and treated patient like her deadly enemies. Very unprofessional.
Aug 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
We've seen over the past 10 years when Dr Kaplan was not in the office. She has always been excellent with my daughter.
Christine in Lindenhurst, IL – Jul 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McMurtry?

• Allergy & Immunology