Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD

Allergy & ImmunologyFemaleAge 54

Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD is a Allergy & Immunology Specialist in Gurnee, IL and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Michigan Medical School medical school in 1993. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advocate Condell Medical Center and Highland Park Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. McMurtry to book an appointment.

Dr. McMurtry

Allergy & Asthma Consultants, Ltd

36100 N Brookside Dr Ste 203 Gurnee, IL 60031

Compare with other Allergy & Immunology Specialists

Compare Dr. McMurtry with our nearby Allergy & Immunology Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital today at (847) 260-7919.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Dr. McMurtry's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McMurtry

4.2

Dr. McMurtry
I went to this practice for help. I had only one scratch test done which was administered by an assistant and not the doctor. She gave me way too much of the control positive which caused me to have a very bad reaction on my arm. I called the office for help the next day and was told to ignore it. I now have cellulitis on my arm. Snippy receptionist at Libertyville office. No call to see if I’m ok.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sep 12, 2018
I have been seeing Dr. McMurtry for several years and never hesitate to recommend her. She and her staff take the time to really listen and get to the bottom of the matter. You can tell they really care about helping their patients feel better. Their office is efficiently run but you never feel like just another patient - and she's amazing with kids too!!
TerriT – May 24, 2017
Dr. McMurtry was extremely patient and thorough when treating myself and my son for long-suffering but previously undiagnosed allergies. The care she provided answered many questions and gave us the ability to make informed health decisions. She was kind, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful.
SK in Evanston IL – Nov 17, 2016
With all the moving around I have done over the past 10 years, I am inclined to share how extremely grateful I am for Dr. McMurty's expertise, responsiveness, & kindness. She has seen me through the worst- a horrible hive condition that left me in tears. She helped me get to a place of remission. She takes time for her patients, even helping me find a local allergist after a recent move. She is down to earth and easy to talk to. I can't ask for a better doc & would trust her to care for my child
TKR in Thomson, Illinois – Oct 20, 2016
As an asthmatic, I'm very vulnerable to environmental allergens. So when I first saw Dr.McMurtry, I wanted to learn about my allergies and was able to do that and more. She took her time with testing me, explained about potential allergens in my home, and discussed ways to reduce them. More recently, when I thought I developed a shellfish allergy, I went back to Dr.McMurtry and was very carefully tested/monitored. She answered all my questions and was reassuring in the process. She's the best!
Shellie in Chicago, IL – Oct 11, 2016
Dr. McMurtry helped us navigate through a very difficult period in which our 3 year old had constant respiratory infections which impacted his overall health, energy and wellness, as well as attendance at school/daycare for him and work for us as parents. She helped quickly diagnose allergies as the foundation to his illnesses and started us on a course of treatment that has over the years resulted in his significantly improved health. She is caring, compassionate, and communicates well.
Christine G. in Libertyville, IL – Sep 30, 2016
I have recently referred two friends to see Dr. McMurtry. She has been my allergist for the last fifteen years and is an outstanding physician. Dr. McMurtry is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. She is one of the few physicians I have seen that goes above and beyond to really listen to her patients. She collaborates with my other doctors to ensure best practice and care. Dr. McMurtry has called me at home to check in on me when my asthma is out of control. She is amazing!??
Kara in Libertyville, IL – Sep 30, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. McMurtry for ten years. She is an exceptional physician who has helped me gain control of my allergies and asthma. Dr. McMurtry has a wonderful bedside manner and truly cares about her patients. I can not say enough great things about her. If you are looking for a phenomenal and competent Allergy and Asthma Doctor with a tremendous knowledge base, I would recommend that you schedule an appointment to meet with her.
Jeff D. in Libertyville, IL – Sep 28, 2016
Extremely rude and arrogant if you speak to her on the phone. She clearly doesn't like being questioned, as she is quick to become defensive. She puts her business before the health of her patients by besieging you with unnecessary follow up appointments that last less than 10 minutes. She offers nothing new or cutting edge in the way of allergy treatment, nevertheless, she will try to convince you she invented the wheel.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
JB in Libertyville – Sep 09, 2016
I had two extremely negative experiences with Dr. McMurtry! Her judgement on the timing, order and type of allergy challenge was poor, which resulted in unnecessary lab tests on young kids and made them suffer even more! She was arrogant, stubborn and impatient. She didn't spend time listening to patient's questions and concerns. She easily became very defensive and treated patient like her deadly enemies. Very unprofessional.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Aug 06, 2016
We've seen over the past 10 years when Dr Kaplan was not in the office. She has always been excellent with my daughter.
Christine in Lindenhurst, IL – Jul 13, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. McMurtry?

• Allergy & Immunology