Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD

Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD

Allergy & Immunology  |
Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD is an allergy & immunology doctor who practices in Gurnee, IL. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

36100 N Brookside Dr

Gurnee, IL 60031

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. McMurtry

Dr. McMurtry's Experience

Dr. McMurtry's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
  • Board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics

This content was provided by Dr. McMurtry "Allergy & Asthma Consultants, Ltd. is dedicated to providing diagnosis and treatment of allergies and asthma. We have offices in Gurnee, Libertyville and Highland Park, Illinois. We treat each patient as a partner and make patient education a central component of medical care. Sensitivity and discretion are used in handling all of our patients' concerns."

• Allergy & Immunology

• Pediatric Dental Exam
  • Root Canal
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Children's Memorial Hospital
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. McMurtry has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McMurtry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McMurtry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McMurtry's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McMurtry to family and friends
4.4
Dr. McMurtry's Performance
I have been seeing Dr. McMurtry for several years and never hesitate to recommend her. She and her staff take the time to really listen and get to the bottom of the matter. You can tell they really care about helping their patients feel better. Their office is efficiently run but you never feel like just another patient - and she's amazing with kids too!!
in Evanston IL |
Dr. McMurtry was extremely patient and thorough when treating myself and my son for long-suffering but previously undiagnosed allergies. The care she provided answered many questions and gave us the ability to make informed health decisions. She was kind, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful.
in Thomson, Illinois |
With all the moving around I have done over the past 10 years, I am inclined to share how extremely grateful I am for Dr. McMurty's expertise, responsiveness, & kindness. She has seen me through the worst- a horrible hive condition that left me in tears. She helped me get to a place of remission. She takes time for her patients, even helping me find a local allergist after a recent move. She is down to earth and easy to talk to. I can't ask for a better doc & would trust her to care for my child
in Chicago, IL |
As an asthmatic, I'm very vulnerable to environmental allergens. So when I first saw Dr.McMurtry, I wanted to learn about my allergies and was able to do that and more. She took her time with testing me, explained about potential allergens in my home, and discussed ways to reduce them. More recently, when I thought I developed a shellfish allergy, I went back to Dr.McMurtry and was very carefully tested/monitored. She answered all my questions and was reassuring in the process. She's the best!
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. McMurtry helped us navigate through a very difficult period in which our 3 year old had constant respiratory infections which impacted his overall health, energy and wellness, as well as attendance at school/daycare for him and work for us as parents. She helped quickly diagnose allergies as the foundation to his illnesses and started us on a course of treatment that has over the years resulted in his significantly improved health. She is caring, compassionate, and communicates well.
in Libertyville, IL |
I have recently referred two friends to see Dr. McMurtry. She has been my allergist for the last fifteen years and is an outstanding physician. Dr. McMurtry is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. She is one of the few physicians I have seen that goes above and beyond to really listen to her patients. She collaborates with my other doctors to ensure best practice and care. Dr. McMurtry has called me at home to check in on me when my asthma is out of control. She is amazing!??
in Libertyville, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. McMurtry for ten years. She is an exceptional physician who has helped me gain control of my allergies and asthma. Dr. McMurtry has a wonderful bedside manner and truly cares about her patients. I can not say enough great things about her. If you are looking for a phenomenal and competent Allergy and Asthma Doctor with a tremendous knowledge base, I would recommend that you schedule an appointment to meet with her.
in Libertyville |
Extremely rude and arrogant if you speak to her on the phone. She clearly doesn't like being questioned, as she is quick to become defensive. She puts her business before the health of her patients by besieging you with unnecessary follow up appointments that last less than 10 minutes. She offers nothing new or cutting edge in the way of allergy treatment, nevertheless, she will try to convince you she invented the wheel.
I had two extremely negative experiences with Dr. McMurtry! Her judgement on the timing, order and type of allergy challenge was poor, which resulted in unnecessary lab tests on young kids and made them suffer even more! She was arrogant, stubborn and impatient. She didn't spend time listening to patient's questions and concerns. She easily became very defensive and treated patient like her deadly enemies. Very unprofessional.
in Lindenhurst, IL |
We've seen over the past 10 years when Dr Kaplan was not in the office. She has always been excellent with my daughter.
Have you seen Dr. Stacie McMurtry, MD?
Are you Dr. McMurtry?