Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD

Dr. Gowda
Telehealth services available

Srisai Gowda MD FAPA

2106 New Rd Ste D8 Linwood, NJ 08221

Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD is a Psychosomatic Medicine Specialist in Linwood, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center - Mainland and Shore Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gowda to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychosomatic Medicine Specialists in your area

See similar Psychosomatic Medicine Specialists in Linwood

• Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Good Nurse Communication
    Patients said they had good communication with nurses. See hospitals

Dr. Gowda accepts

Dr. Gowda accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

Dr. Gowda's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Gowda's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gowda

3.0

Dr. Gowda?
TMS was very sucessful for treating my depression. Dr Gowda was very kind and worked with me through my difficulties. I cant say enough positive things about the wonderful staff. They are truly remarkable. Each person is very special and I am so thankful for their kindness.
N B. – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
He is amazing at really listening and offering advice and counseling if needed! I like the fact that he tries to offer these first before anything! I have medicine I do take regularly but am not over medicated either! I love the words he used “ you can’t change what people say or do , you can change your response”! This is what I live by every day! Thank you for being such a great and caring doctor!
Stephanie Crawford – Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I've suffered from depression for decades, tried so many medications, and met with various psychotherapists over the years. My anxiety and depression were getting worse. I felt defeated & hopeless when Dr. Gowda's practice was recommended. I tried TMS thinking I had nothing to lose. The first thing I lost was the chronic pain in my entire body! The 2nd thing I lost was 25 pounds without really noticing! TMS has given me some of my enjoyment back - I sing, I dance, I talk (a lot) again. My friends have noticed. I'm able to make decisions and read again because my focus is back. My troubles are far from gone, but my faith in my ability to handle them has been restored. The entire staff is amazing, but I LOVE Atiya, Stacy, & Cathy Lee! Their encouragement kept me going throughout my 36 visits. Yes, TMS is a commitment. It's not a "miracle cure", but combined with setting goals, being more active, and practicing positive coping techniques, it has changed my life. Thank you, Dr. Gowda.
Charlene – Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Gowda for slightly over three years now. He truly cares for his patients and their well being. He treats me for major depressive disorder and honestly if it weren’t for him I’d never leave my bed.
Janet – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I have suffered from depresssion for 30 years having experienced my worst episode this year. My primary doctor prescribed several different antidepressents which were ineffective in treating my condition and leaving me with horrible side effects. He referred me to Dr. Gowda who suggested I would be a good candidate for TMS therapy. Although I was not suicidal, I was so "down" I did not care if I woke up in the morning. TMS therapy has been remarkable for me!!! I am now back to work, socializing more and feeling better than I have in years!!! Please do not hesitate to try this....you have nothing to lose, only your depression! Dr. Gowda and his staff are so compassionate and professsional and truly care about your well being!
Lisa – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
i have been a patient of Dr. GOWDA for 4 years, he and his staff are very pleasant and my visits are always on time, my appointments are usual every 3months and lately i finished my TMS, and i am very happy to have him as my doctor!
hans s – Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I just finished 31 treatments of TMS and I am feeling fabulous. Dr Gowda and the TMS staff made the experience very pleasant.
Sharon – Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Gowda for years. He truly wants the best for his patients and seeks to help them reach their goals. He doesn't want patients to just settle for anything, but encourages them to "go for the gold" by providing the newest treatments and resources available. Recently, he began offering Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, (TMS) therapy in his office. This therapy helped me in so many ways. I have more confidence and motivation than I had before and am starting a new job soon. The staff at his office are also very professional and accommodating. I highly recommend Dr. Gowda.
Bethany Fitch – Aug 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Horrible man! He does nothing but eat nuts while you’re in his office, and is a condescending man. Never again would I see this quack
Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
excellent clinician, looking at the whole picture as a person and very skilled with meds. listens, comes up with a more tailored treatment plan. Has change my life for the better by seeing Dr Gowda. highly recommend him.
Jerry G in EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, NJ – Jun 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
If you're already stable on your meds and looking for a quick doc to refill, this is your guy. You're in and out of the office nice and quick. But if you need more help, you really need to speak up, because its easy to just get brushed over in his office. He often just talks about nothing important for your 10 minutes and then sends you on your way, so you really have to be someone who speaks up about how you're doing and push for a change if you need it
Egg Harbor Township, NJ – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Dr. Gowda is an extremely caring and professional doctor. He's actively listens to patient experiences and encorporates it with his professional knowledge to find the best treatment possible. Whenever I tell him I'm doing better, there's an expression of genuine joy on his face. He's been a godsend, and my life has turned around because of him.
Patient – Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I believe Dr. Gowda saved my life my quickly diagnosing my mental health issues and prescribing medications that took almost immediate affect to alleviate my high level of anxiety and sleeplessness. I don't know hoe much longer I could have continued going forward dealing with the acute level of these symptoms I was experiencing. Someone said "I didn't want to end my life because I hated myself but rather because I love myself and did not to continue suffering." Thanks to Dr. Gowda, I did not.
Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Moved to NJ after I had my first child, after 6 months of breastfeeding, i was ready to get back on my mental health medication which I had been diagnosed and prescribed medicine by a psychiatrist in PA for the last 6 previous years, but I had to find a new doctor since moving to southern NJ. When I met the doctor and told him my situation he yelled at me and said these controlled substances aren't candy and he's not going to just hand over a script. He made me feel so ashamed for no reason.
MsDeymA in BETHLEHEM – Apr 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
If I could give 0 stars I would. After telling this creep that I had to relive every time I was sexually assaulted by my exhausted, for my attorney, while filing a restraining order he said “now that that’s behind you, what positive and productive things will you be doing this month?”. This man should not have a practice. Two meetings I told him I wanted to be off a medication but needed to do it safely. He cut me cold turkey and I landed in the emergency room with my eyes rolling in my head
Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Dr. Gowda is wonderful and caring. He's easy to talk to, and you can even see his eyes light up a little bit when you tell him you're doing better. After switching from my old psychiatrist to start seeing him, I couldn't be happier.
Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
What a whack job. Save yourself the effort & don’t waste your time in this judgmental jerk. I have never been accused of the outlandish things this nab accused me of being-all oppoiste if everything I am. And the health issues I have are nothing close to what he accused me of were heriditary physical conditions over which I had no control.
Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I have found Dr. Gowda, to be an excellent physician, who always seems to be patient oriented; easy to speak with as well as understand; with an exceptional, friendly, courteous office staff. Dr. Gowda has a highly knowledgeable, professional and friendly demeanor, and after several visits, the overall high and consistent quality of care & concern has been such, that I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Gowda to anyone who would need his highly skilled services.
Gordon b in Atlantic City, NJ – Nov 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Thankful I'm not suffering from debilitating mental illness! Dr. Gowda spent max of 30 minutes 1st visit, suggested I get a new job, then dug around for most recent pharm rep coupon & wrote script. Next 8 to 10 visits, I paid $50 co-pay to share 5 mins of awkward small talk & get a fresh script. Never more than 1 mo. of meds, ensuring his $50/visit per mo. Never required an EKG, nor took my blood pressure, but still wrote me stimulant script w/no med history. Wish I had read more reviews!!!
Disappointed Patient in Northfield, NJ – Nov 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I can list a hundred things about Dr.Gowda and everyone would be positive. I've battled metal health issues since I was 14 and it took me until the age of 34 to find a doctor who genuinely cares about me and has taken so much time to work with me to finally get a combination of medications that work for me. Most doctors will give you what you want because it's all about money, Dr.G is not that doctor, he is about pt care first and foremost and that rare. He has made a positive impact on my life.
Stacy Nelson in Mays Landing, NJ – Aug 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gowda?

Dr. Gowda is committed to improving patients' overall wellness, avoiding "Pill for every ill mantra" and addressing any underlying conditions causing their symptoms with customized treatment plans that incorporates appropriate lifestyle changes, refe...Read more

• Psychosomatic Medicine

Lincoln Med Mntl Health Center
2019
Visiting Fellowship In Tms, Duke University
1997
Hahnemann University Hospital

• Kannada

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Gowda communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gowda communicates via email

• Does Dr. Gowda offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gowda offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Gowda offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gowda offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Gowda have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gowda has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Gowda offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gowda offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Gowda offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gowda offers evening visits