Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Gowda

Srisai Gowda MD

408 Bethel Rd Ste A-1 Somers Point, NJ 08244

Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Somers Point, NJ and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences in 1991 and specializes in psychiatry and psychosomatic medicine.

Dr. Gowda's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gowda

2.6

Dr. Gowda?
Dr. Gowda's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD
Horrible man! He does nothing but eat nuts while you’re in his office, and is a condescending man. Never again would I see this quack
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
excellent clinician, looking at the whole picture as a person and very skilled with meds. listens, comes up with a more tailored treatment plan. Has change my life for the better by seeing Dr Gowda. highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
If you're already stable on your meds and looking for a quick doc to refill, this is your guy. You're in and out of the office nice and quick. But if you need more help, you really need to speak up, because its easy to just get brushed over in his office. He often just talks about nothing important for your 10 minutes and then sends you on your way, so you really have to be someone who speaks up about how you're doing and push for a change if you need it
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Dr. Gowda is an extremely caring and professional doctor. He's actively listens to patient experiences and encorporates it with his professional knowledge to find the best treatment possible. Whenever I tell him I'm doing better, there's an expression of genuine joy on his face. He's been a godsend, and my life has turned around because of him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I believe Dr. Gowda saved my life my quickly diagnosing my mental health issues and prescribing medications that took almost immediate affect to alleviate my high level of anxiety and sleeplessness. I don't know hoe much longer I could have continued going forward dealing with the acute level of these symptoms I was experiencing. Someone said "I didn't want to end my life because I hated myself but rather because I love myself and did not to continue suffering." Thanks to Dr. Gowda, I did not.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Moved to NJ after I had my first child, after 6 months of breastfeeding, i was ready to get back on my mental health medication which I had been diagnosed and prescribed medicine by a psychiatrist in PA for the last 6 previous years, but I had to find a new doctor since moving to southern NJ. When I met the doctor and told him my situation he yelled at me and said these controlled substances aren't candy and he's not going to just hand over a script. He made me feel so ashamed for no reason.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
If I could give 0 stars I would. After telling this creep that I had to relive every time I was sexually assaulted by my exhausted, for my attorney, while filing a restraining order he said “now that that’s behind you, what positive and productive things will you be doing this month?”. This man should not have a practice. Two meetings I told him I wanted to be off a medication but needed to do it safely. He cut me cold turkey and I landed in the emergency room with my eyes rolling in my head
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Dr. Gowda is wonderful and caring. He's easy to talk to, and you can even see his eyes light up a little bit when you tell him you're doing better. After switching from my old psychiatrist to start seeing him, I couldn't be happier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
What a whack job. Save yourself the effort & don’t waste your time in this judgmental jerk. I have never been accused of the outlandish things this nab accused me of being-all oppoiste if everything I am. And the health issues I have are nothing close to what he accused me of were heriditary physical conditions over which I had no control.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I have found Dr. Gowda, to be an excellent physician, who always seems to be patient oriented; easy to speak with as well as understand; with an exceptional, friendly, courteous office staff. Dr. Gowda has a highly knowledgeable, professional and friendly demeanor, and after several visits, the overall high and consistent quality of care & concern has been such, that I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Gowda to anyone who would need his highly skilled services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Thankful I'm not suffering from debilitating mental illness! Dr. Gowda spent max of 30 minutes 1st visit, suggested I get a new job, then dug around for most recent pharm rep coupon & wrote script. Next 8 to 10 visits, I paid $50 co-pay to share 5 mins of awkward small talk & get a fresh script. Never more than 1 mo. of meds, ensuring his $50/visit per mo. Never required an EKG, nor took my blood pressure, but still wrote me stimulant script w/no med history. Wish I had read more reviews!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
I can list a hundred things about Dr.Gowda and everyone would be positive. I've battled metal health issues since I was 14 and it took me until the age of 34 to find a doctor who genuinely cares about me and has taken so much time to work with me to finally get a combination of medications that work for me. Most doctors will give you what you want because it's all about money, Dr.G is not that doctor, he is about pt care first and foremost and that rare. He has made a positive impact on my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
After waiting over an hour to see Dr. Gowda, he only met with me for about 10 minutes. He did not listen to anything I had to say and repeatedly told me that I need to lose weight; part of me wanted to tell him to take a look in the mirror. He was eating during my entire appointment, not that it was a long one. I went back to give him another chance, everyone has bad days. He again repeatedly told me that I need to lose weight and acted like that would solve all my problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Rude!! Staff!! WAit time is to long. Not helpful at all always eating nuts very strange .laughs in your face when you talk with him. Overall a very weird dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
After several visits with Dr. Gowda, I have made substantial progress with my health, owing most of the success to the exceptional level of professional health care & understanding and recommendations I have received from Dr. Gowda. He is a true Health Care Provider, in every aspect of professional health care, and I would not hesitate to recommend his services to one in need of such.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?
Taking the jump from talk therapy to incorporating medications was not easy however, Dr. Gowda took the time to understand my particular situation and. came up with a plan to get me back on track. I can not thank him enough for that. I highly reccomend to anyone seeking psychiatric care to pay him a visit, it is worth every second of your time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Srisai Gowda, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gowda?

Dr. Gowda is committed to improving patients' overall wellness, avoiding "Pill for every ill mantra" and addressing any underlying conditions causing their symptoms with customized treatment plans that incorporates appropriate lifestyle changes, refe...

• Psychiatry

1997
1991

• Kannada

Dr. Gowda accepts

Dr. Gowda accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

Dr. Gowda's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gowda treats patients.

Shore Medical Center