Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Srinivasa Rao, MD
Dr. Srinivasa Rao, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Parsippany, NJ. He is 71 years old.

28 Hill Rd Ste A

Parsippany, NJ 07054

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Rao

Dr. Rao's Experience

Dr. Rao's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry

Dr. Rao does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Education data for Dr. Rao is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Rao has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rao has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rao to family and friends
1.4
Dr. Rao's Performance
in Denville, nj |
You will take more time to swipe the card than to get in and out of his office. This guy doesn't care at all.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ |
I heard he died. Good riddance. I had the same experience as most of the other people. Met with my kid for 5 minutes and diagnosed her. Told me he didn't have to explain to me me how or why he arrived at that conclusion.
Parsippany NJ |
I would not recommend to see this Dr if you can call him Dr very disrespectful and absolutely No profesional I spent only 10 mins with him and I had to leave his office Im not exaggerating I have a terrible depression He made me feel worst Im glad I found a good doctor now
New York, NY |
Met with him twice for a total of 10 minutes including the initial consultation. Immediately thought he knew what was right and stopped listening to me. Would not explain reasoning for what he was prescribing, pros/cons, or differences because I wouldn't understand. Very condescending. Prescriptions did not work at all.
in Wharton, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Rao for a few months, however I am now very dissatisfied. This office does not confirm appointments the day before and is too fast to slap you with a no-show bill. Like the other reviewers, Dr. Rao is too quick to whip out the rx pad and prescribe the rx's. He combines several rx's on one rx slip. He even had the nerve to gossip with a fellow shrink for 45 minutes while I was waiting to be called into his office (I was next)! I'm going back to my own psych office!!
in Rockaway NJ |
Dr. Rao was condescending, obnoxious, bullying and threatened my 10 year old autistic child while in the waiting room. He is a disgrace to the medical profession. My children have been treated at ICPC and the staff is great. It's very unfortunate that someone as horrible as Dr. Rao owns the establishment. I'll be reporting his behavior.
in Piscataway, NJ |
Most definitely the most arrogant, ignorant, careless doctors I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. As I'm sure those of you who are reading this have noticed, Dr. Rao likes to make a 'professional diagnosis' of his patients (which from my understanding don't stay long), within the first few minutes of simply eyeballing them. I mean, literally, he may ask a useless question that does not pertain to the reason the patient came in at all, and then tell them exactly their issue and prescribe.
in Belleville, NJ |
For an initial consultation, he saw us for about 7 minutes. Less than 2 of those minutes were taken by my explanation of why we were there. He never spoke with my child directly, sat across the room and instantly prescribed medication without ever speaking to my child, spoke with me as if I were incapable of understanding, and generally treated me as if my questioning of his decision made me a presumptuous idiot. I barely held onto politeness. In my opinion, he is a condescending bully.
Insensitive, hard to understand, old school mentality.his office is discusting which when I saw the dump this place is located in I should have known. Just unsanitary. Staff wasn't all that friendly or welcoming. Just an all around terrible experience. He made blanket statements about my child without even really asking many questions and the best part? He took a call in the middle of the session. Can't wait till the bill comes so I can take off the 6 minutes he spent on a personal call.
in NJ |
I wanted to find a medication to help with my anxiety and depression. I have a sensitive stomach and a heart condition. I was prescribed lexapro by Dr. Rao. After taking two days of 10 mg I have had severe vomiting and diarreah. I called the office and he can't speak with me regarding this issue. I should have known when he seemed disinterested speaking to me and trying to push me out the door during our initial consultation. But now I can't even get feedback. Thanks for caring.
Have you seen Dr. Srinivasa Rao, MD?
Are you Dr. Rao?