Dr. Srinivas Prasad, MD

Dr. Srinivas Prasad, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Srinivas Prasad, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Langhorne, PA. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

1205 Langhorne Newtown Rd Ste 211

Langhorne, PA 19047

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • CoreSource
  • Devon Health
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Prasad

See how frequently Dr. Prasad performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Fusion
Herniated Disc Surgery
Herniated Disc

Dr. Prasad's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Prasad "Having completed a fellowship in both Neurosurgical and Orthopedic Spine Surgery I bring to my patients a full breadth of spine expertise. I exercise a very conservative philosophy, believing that surgical intervention is really a last resort. Educating neurosurgical residents and fellows keeps me at the forefront of modern spine surgery and I bring this enthusiasm for teaching to my patients, believing that it is essential for them to understand their spine condition and management options."

• Neurosurgery

• Epidural Hematoma
  • Foot Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Endoscopic Spinal Surgery
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) Procedure

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Boston University Six-Year Honors Medical Program
  • Cleveland Clinic Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Johns Hopkins University--Ms In Surgical Robotics
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Dr. Prasad has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Prasad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Prasad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Prasad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Prasad to family and friends
Dr. Prasad's Performance
Horsham, PA |
Dr Prasad was great. He worked with me to try options before recommending surgery and only after all of the other options failed di he suggest surgery. He explained very thoroughly the process and what to expect during and after surgery. My pain was immediately gone when I awoke from surgery and I remain pain free. I would recommend Dr. Prasad and the surgery to anyone suffering from cervical issues.
Doylestown, PA |
Dr. Prasad does an excellent job explaining his diagnosis, the procedure he plans to do, and what the patient should expect after the ptocedure. He is more than willing to answer questions and makes sure the patient understands his response.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Prasad is an outstanding, conservative surgeon who takes as much time as necessary to address questions and concerns. I had a complete cervical fusion and am now my neck is pain free! He even took a look at the issues with my lower back and recommended an acceptable, minimally invasive route to address my pain. I highly recommend Dr. Prasad.
in Philadelphia, PA |
This is an addendum to a previous review. My surgery was back on March 27th, 2017. I had rather extensive lumbar reconstruction performed by Dr, Prasad. I thought the results were miraculous. The pain down both legs was gone, gone, gone ! My posture and height were dramatically improved. Low back pain gone !! Now after some time has passed, and an eight week course of physical therapy, the strength is slowly returning to my lower extremities. Dr, Pradasd is truly a gifted surgeon !
in Philadelphia, PA |
Doctor Prasad and his team gave me every confidence that this complex cervical fusion would work for me. He reviewed my records and shared consult with my Nephrologist Dr. Martinez.. In his office he spent a good deal of time displaying the MRI images and pointing out where the problems were and overlaid the surgical procedure that he will use. He discussed his prospective strategy with his surgical team and they arrived at what turned out to be the proper approach to my my body and mind.
in Atglen, PA |
Dr. Prasad has a wonderful bedside manner and really cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Great surgeon. Takes the time to explain the procedure so that you can understand what he is going to do. Makes you feel confident in him.
Glen Mills, PA |
I was the unfortunate passenger in a car accident while taking uber and had a burst fracture requiring a spinal fusion. I was transferred to Jefferson Hospital after going to a local trauma center where it was clear I needed immediate surgery. I am four months post-op and I cannot thank Dr. Prasad enough. After such a scary experience, he was so comforting and reassuring , and I am slowly getting back to myself.
in bensalem, pa |
Dr. Prasad was very informative,professional,and sensitive to my condition.He wasted no time in making all the arrangements necessary to fix the cervical spine issues i was having with debilitaing effects to arms and legs( numbness and loss of control and functions). I would recommend him to everyone in need of a neurosurgeon. He saved me from a long term side effects from a herniated disc pinching my spinal cord and i like to say i feel blessed that Dr prasad did my surgery.
Morrisville, PA |
I recently had surgery at St. Mary's. Dr. Prasad is an excellent doctor and surgeon. I am 3 months post-op for spinal fusion. I am out of pain and doing quite well. I would recommend him to anyone with back issues. He is excellent.
in warminster pa |
I first saw Dr.Prasad in Aug of 16 I had severe lower back pain . He explained what my problem was and explained the chance of success of surgery 60%. We decided to try every option before undergoing surgery ,non of which gave me any relief. over the next 6 months the pain just got worse. We decided that a disc decompression. I came out of the recovery room feeling only pain where the cut was made I am 6 weeks out feeling great best choice I ever made was putting my life in his hands. thanks
in Levittown, PA |
Dr. Prasad was wonderful! He listened to my concerns, asked me questions about how I was feeling, and spent time explaining everything thoroughly to me. The surgery he performed on me went well and I am back to feeling wonderful and walking again without pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Prasad to friends and family! Thank you Dr. Prasad for your help in making me feel better again!
in Woodbury, NJ |
Dr. Prasad is an outstanding physician & surgeon. I'm 6 weeks postop from a lumbar discectomy and I feel great! I suffered for nearly 9 years with lumbar (low back) pain, buttock pain, and numbness/weakness in my leg due to a L3/4-L4/5 disc herniation(s). A (micro)-discectomy is typically an outpatient procedure and the surgeon removes the herniation via a small incision, maybe about 2 inches and takes less then 1 hour in the OR. I've recovered from the procedure and feel great! Thank you doc!!
in Philadelphia, PA |
I had a herniated disk (L5/S1) and was struggling with pain for almost a year. From the first time I met with Dr. Prasad I knew that I was in good hands. He spent over 45 minutes with me during the first visit. He examined me thoroughly, went over the MRI with me and helped me understand what the different options were. Since I had already had a spinal injection, we decided to have a microdiscectomy. The surgery went really well and his staff was very professional and helpful.
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr. Prasad is exceptionally talented! My surgery and recovery could not have gone better! I am back 100% and could not be more grateful!
in Yardley pa |
My life change after meeting dr parassad I wasn't ready to have a spinal fusion I had one more year before retirement dr prAssad sent me to have physical therapy nerve block injections. When I finally decided to have the spinal fusion since my feet would go numb and I couldn't walk or stand for more than five minutes and I was tired of dealing with pain the spinal fusion change my life should of done it sooner dr paras sad is a excellent neurosurgeon And a vey kind compassionate and skilled dr
in Bensalem, PA |
Dr Prasad took his time each and every visit to explain all aspects of the surgery to me. He did not rush me into an operation. He gave me all the options available to make a decision that was right for me. Both myself & my family felt very confident and at ease dealing with Dr. Prasad He is thoughtful, caring, extremely knowledgeable, skilled and, available to his patients at all times, either directly or through his wonderful staff. If anyone needs spinal surgery I highly recommend him.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Prasad was actually my 2nd opinion and I felt so confident and comfortable in his plan of care and overall bed side manner, that I decided to have him do my surgery. I was so at ease from the moment I met him and after engaging with his nurse (Mary) regarding the details of my surgery. He is very sympathetic, encouraging and conscientious to every detail and explains thoroughly. I cannot rave enough about how warm and comforting Dr. Prasad is and how self- assured he makes you feel.
in Philadelphia, PA |
All I can say is thanks to Dr. Prasad I now have my life back! I can do anything I want to do, I thank Dr. Prasad every day of my life! Also the Jefferson staff was so kind and efficient, they are the whole package. If you truly want to live life instead of sitting on the sidelines talking about your pain, then put your spine in the hands of a truly gifted surgeon.
in New Hope Pa. |
I consulted with two other doctors before I visited Dr. Prasad's office. Once I met with Dr. Prasad, I knew he was the one for my back surgery! He was confident, [ not arrogant ] intelligent and well prepared for out first meeting. His staff also is wonderful and I can not say enough great comments about ALL of them. I feel Dr. Prasad changed my life!! I am now pain free!! Thank You Dr. Prasad Edgar M Newton New Hope, Pa.
in Langhorne, PA |
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, I honestly can't give ENOUGH PRAISE regarding THE EACH AND EVERY ASPECT PERTAINING TO DR PRASAD and his truly OUTSTANDING TEAM. Dr. Prasad has a FINE TEAM OF MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS WORKING TOGETHER TO ACHIEVE THE BEST OVERALL patient experience I ever SEEN ! DR. PRASAD, IS A SKILLED, CONFIDENT FINE SURGEON SO VERY KNOWLEDGABLE WHOSE FINE SKILLS SUCCEEDED IN HELPING ME REGAIN USE OF MY HANDS WHICH WERE SO BAD I COULDN'T Sign MY NAME! My quality of life has returned!!!
in Levittown, PA |
Dr. Prasad is an extremely competent, caring and dedicated physician. He gave me the confidence I needed to have back surgery after years of pain and failed alternative therapies. It was the best decision I ever made. I am completely better and have no pain at all. What I really value about Dr. Prasad is his honesty. He tells you the truth about your diagnosis and your treatment plan and he spends quality time answering questions. He is a sincere person and really cares about patient outcomes.
in Feasterville Trevose, PA |
Without a doubt, one of the most talented, insightful, intelligent, creative doctors i have ever met. he has literally been the ONLY doctor who allowed himself to think outside of the box and in doing so, saved my husband's life. I have been allied with the medical and helping professions for close to 40 years and this man is by far one of the most brilliant i have ever had the pleasure to work with, or to know.
in Bensalem, PA |
he is an amazing physician who operating on my husband and it was an extremely difficult case
in Bensalem, PA |
without a doubt I wholeheartedly recommend dr. Prasad. he is compassionate, caring and an excellent surgeon, and my case was complicated.
in Southampton, PA |
I found Dr Prasad after a disappointing experience with an orthopedic DO who dismissed me as a patient after a failed surgery on my back. The minute I stepped into Dr Prasads office and met with him~ I was confident that I was in the right place. We looked over the tests that he ordered for me and he was confident that my prior surgery could be corrected. Dr. Prasad is intelligent, kind and skilled. I would highly recommend him. I have my life back and feel good about my health.
Have you seen Dr. Srinivas Prasad, MD?
Are you Dr. Prasad?

Visit Dr. Prasad

Dr. Prasad accepts 31 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Aetna POS
  • CoreSource
    Group Plan PPO
  • Devon Health
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA

Philadelphia, PA 19148
St. Mary Medical Center
1201 Langhorne Newtown Rd
Langhorne, PA 19047

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Prasad at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals