Dr. Srinivas K. Prasad, MD

44 reviews

• Amerihealth
  • CoreSource
  • Devon Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthPartners
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Having completed a fellowship in both Neurosurgical and Orthopedic Spine Surgery I bring to my patients a full breadth of spine expertise. I exercise a very conservative philosophy, believing that surgical intervention is really a last resort. Educating neurosurgical residents and fellows keeps me at the forefront of modern spine surgery and I bring this enthusiasm for teaching to my patients, believing that it is essential for them to understand their spine condition and management options.Read more

Dr. Prasad's Experience

See how Dr. Prasad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Prasad

Dr. Prasad accepts 25 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Prasad has admitting privileges.

Dr. Prasad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Prasad to family and friends
Dr. Prasad's Performance
in Levittown, PA |
Dr. Prasad was wonderful! He listened to my concerns, asked me questions about how I was feeling, and spent time explaining everything thoroughly to me. The surgery he performed on me went well and I am back to feeling wonderful and walking again without pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Prasad to friends and family! Thank you Dr. Prasad for your help in making me feel better again!
in Woodbury, NJ |
Dr. Prasad is an outstanding physician & surgeon. I'm 6 weeks postop from a lumbar discectomy and I feel great! I suffered for nearly 9 years with lumbar (low back) pain, buttock pain, and numbness/weakness in my leg due to a L3/4-L4/5 disc herniation(s). A (micro)-discectomy is typically an outpatient procedure and the surgeon removes the herniation via a small incision, maybe about 2 inches and takes less then 1 hour in the OR. I've recovered from the procedure and feel great! Thank you doc!!
in Philadelphia, PA |
I had a herniated disk (L5/S1) and was struggling with pain for almost a year. From the first time I met with Dr. Prasad I knew that I was in good hands. He spent over 45 minutes with me during the first visit. He examined me thoroughly, went over the MRI with me and helped me understand what the different options were. Since I had already had a spinal injection, we decided to have a microdiscectomy. The surgery went really well and his staff was very professional and helpful.
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr. Prasad is exceptionally talented! My surgery and recovery could not have gone better! I am back 100% and could not be more grateful!
in Yardley pa |
My life change after meeting dr parassad I wasn't ready to have a spinal fusion I had one more year before retirement dr prAssad sent me to have physical therapy nerve block injections. When I finally decided to have the spinal fusion since my feet would go numb and I couldn't walk or stand for more than five minutes and I was tired of dealing with pain the spinal fusion change my life should of done it sooner dr paras sad is a excellent neurosurgeon And a vey kind compassionate and skilled dr
in Bensalem, PA |
Dr Prasad took his time each and every visit to explain all aspects of the surgery to me. He did not rush me into an operation. He gave me all the options available to make a decision that was right for me. Both myself & my family felt very confident and at ease dealing with Dr. Prasad He is thoughtful, caring, extremely knowledgeable, skilled and, available to his patients at all times, either directly or through his wonderful staff. If anyone needs spinal surgery I highly recommend him.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Prasad was actually my 2nd opinion and I felt so confident and comfortable in his plan of care and overall bed side manner, that I decided to have him do my surgery. I was so at ease from the moment I met him and after engaging with his nurse (Mary) regarding the details of my surgery. He is very sympathetic, encouraging and conscientious to every detail and explains thoroughly. I cannot rave enough about how warm and comforting Dr. Prasad is and how self- assured he makes you feel.
in Philadelphia, PA |
All I can say is thanks to Dr. Prasad I now have my life back! I can do anything I want to do, I thank Dr. Prasad every day of my life! Also the Jefferson staff was so kind and efficient, they are the whole package. If you truly want to live life instead of sitting on the sidelines talking about your pain, then put your spine in the hands of a truly gifted surgeon.
in New Hope Pa. |
I consulted with two other doctors before I visited Dr. Prasad's office. Once I met with Dr. Prasad, I knew he was the one for my back surgery! He was confident, [ not arrogant ] intelligent and well prepared for out first meeting. His staff also is wonderful and I can not say enough great comments about ALL of them. I feel Dr. Prasad changed my life!! I am now pain free!! Thank You Dr. Prasad Edgar M Newton New Hope, Pa.
in Langhorne, PA |
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, I honestly can't give ENOUGH PRAISE regarding THE EACH AND EVERY ASPECT PERTAINING TO DR PRASAD and his truly OUTSTANDING TEAM. Dr. Prasad has a FINE TEAM OF MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS WORKING TOGETHER TO ACHIEVE THE BEST OVERALL patient experience I ever SEEN ! DR. PRASAD, IS A SKILLED, CONFIDENT FINE SURGEON SO VERY KNOWLEDGABLE WHOSE FINE SKILLS SUCCEEDED IN HELPING ME REGAIN USE OF MY HANDS WHICH WERE SO BAD I COULDN'T Sign MY NAME! My quality of life has returned!!!
in Levittown, PA |
Dr. Prasad is an extremely competent, caring and dedicated physician. He gave me the confidence I needed to have back surgery after years of pain and failed alternative therapies. It was the best decision I ever made. I am completely better and have no pain at all. What I really value about Dr. Prasad is his honesty. He tells you the truth about your diagnosis and your treatment plan and he spends quality time answering questions. He is a sincere person and really cares about patient outcomes.
in Feasterville Trevose, PA |
Without a doubt, one of the most talented, insightful, intelligent, creative doctors i have ever met. he has literally been the ONLY doctor who allowed himself to think outside of the box and in doing so, saved my husband's life. I have been allied with the medical and helping professions for close to 40 years and this man is by far one of the most brilliant i have ever had the pleasure to work with, or to know.
in Bensalem, PA |
he is an amazing physician who operating on my husband and it was an extremely difficult case
in Bensalem, PA |
without a doubt I wholeheartedly recommend dr. Prasad. he is compassionate, caring and an excellent surgeon, and my case was complicated.
in Southampton, PA |
I found Dr Prasad after a disappointing experience with an orthopedic DO who dismissed me as a patient after a failed surgery on my back. The minute I stepped into Dr Prasads office and met with him~ I was confident that I was in the right place. We looked over the tests that he ordered for me and he was confident that my prior surgery could be corrected. Dr. Prasad is intelligent, kind and skilled. I would highly recommend him. I have my life back and feel good about my health.
Have you seen Dr. Srinivas K. Prasad, MD?
Are you Dr. Prasad?

Compare Dr. Prasad

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Prasad at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Dr. Prasad's Care Philosophy

Dr. Prasad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Prasad has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Prasad's Board Certifications

• Craniospinal Trauma
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Degenerative Spondylolisthesis
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Graduated in 1996

• Other Education
    Johns Hopkins University--Ms In Surgical Robotics

Completed in 2002

Dr. Prasad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Prasad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

• Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy