Dr. Srinivas Kalala, MD

Dr. Srinivas Kalala, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Srinivas Kalala, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Waterloo, IA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Kalala is affiliated with UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital.

125 E Tower Park Dr

Waterloo, IA 50701

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Coventry Health Care of Iowa

Learn about Dr. Kalala

See how frequently Dr. Kalala performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis
Diarrhea
Nausea

Dr. Kalala's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Sri Siddhartha Medical College
  • Westchester Med Ctr, New York Medical College
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Westchester Med Ctr, New York Medical College
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Kalala has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kalala does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kalala and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kalala's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kalala to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Kalala Says:

My staff and I thrive on feedback. We're devoted to providing patients with the highest quality digestive health care possible, and are constantly looking for opportunities to improve our practice. Patient satisfaction is our highest priority.

I'm thankful for each testimonial our staff receives. It's humbling to see ways that I've impacted patients in a positive way, and frustrating to see...

Dr. Kalala's Performance
in Washburn, IA |
I am very grateful to be under Dr. Kalala's care! He is genuine. He ordered the appropriate tests immediately and we had answers in no time. He took time to educate me on my illness, discussed all of my questions and management options. He is so kind and personable. It is worth the time waiting in the exam room knowing he is doing the same for someone else! His staff is excellent too, they turned on the t.v. to keep me entertained while I waited ?
in Waterloo, IA |
I had a wonderful experience. The nurses were very nice and attentative and focus. I got in and out on a timely manner. The best experience so far. Dr. Kalala and staff was very nice and made me feel very safe and comfortable!!!
Waterloo, IA |
Very caring doctor. He will answer all of your questions and makes sure you understand your medical condition.
in Allison, IA |
Dr. Kalala is one of the most professional and kind Doctors that I have ever seen. He always seems to have plenty of time to listen to my concerns. I would highly recommend this Doctor!!!
Waterloo, IA |
Dr. Kalala has seen me two different times for two different types of medical incidents. His explanations of both procedures were excellent. I felt very very comfortable in his care. I would highly recommend Dr. Kalala. He is wonderful!!
in Waterloo |
My office visit was superb all the staff that I had talked to were great ! Dr. Kalala was a very good Dr explained everything so I understood and wasn't in a rush to get to his next patient .
in Waterloo, IA |
Dr. Kalala is very thorough and methodical about treating illness while being warm and understanding also. He is the complete package and very trustworthy!
Monroe, WIWaterloo, Iowa |
He is very knowledgable. And caring. Don't know how I would have made it through all the testing and scares without his knowledge and support. I would highly recommend him.
Monona, IA |
I had a colonoscopy and EGD with Dr. Kalala and was very satisfied with his services. I had absolutely no problems after each procedure. Results from each procedure only took a couple of days. I have already recommended Dr. Kalala to my family and friends.
in Cedar falls,iowa |
Dr. Kalala and his team are the best.
Cedar Falls, IA |
Dr. Kalala was fantastic. I had to wait for the appointment but it was worth it. He made me feel like he really cared about me. I would recommend him to anyone. Great job Doc.
in Waterloo, IA |
Had a polyp in me for a year because of new heart stents advised not to be off of Plavix. Dr Kalala removed the polyp while I was on Plavix and aspirin both blood thinners. I was relieved and happy with the out come encountered no problems and it's been five weeks since the polyp removal. I would recommend Dr Kalala to anyone! He went above a beyond calling me several times during the year and scheduling the procedure.
in Cedar Falls, IA |
When my father had serious medical problems this spring, Dr. Kalala was helpful, knowledgeable and compassionate. Through several follow-up visits since then, he has continued to be so and has been very understanding of my father's reticence regarding certain procedures and their inherent risks, due to my father's circumstances. He did not try to push unnecessary procedures or medication and has been respectful of both my father's wishes and those of the family.
in Independence, IA |
The only thing he knows how to say is You're like my family. I thought at first he might be the first caring Gastro doctor I had met, I was sadly mistaken. After finding out information was being withheld from me, him saying I should just be happy I don't have cancer and the fact that he would continually dismiss my symptoms and the severity. He also refuses to give you an official diagnosis when he had one in front of him from Mayo Clinic. I would't recommend anyone I care about to see him.
in Waterloo, IA |
Did not communicate well at all about my procedure, then changed statements (later when questioned) about how procedure outcome was.
in Cedar falls, iowa |
The nicest, caring, most compassionate Dr I have ever met. Spends time listening to you and answering your questions in a kind way. The best dr!
Have you seen Dr. Srinivas Kalala, MD?
Are you Dr. Kalala?