Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD

Dr. Vayalapalli
Telehealth services available

Care Psychiatry

950 Scales Rd Ste 302 Suwanee, GA 30024

Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Suwanee, GA and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Vayalapalli has more experience with Addiction and Substance Abuse and General Mental Health than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Osmania Medical College, Ntr University Of Health Sciences medical school in 1997. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Emory Johns Creek Hospital and Northeast Georgia Medical Center Gainesville. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Vayalapalli to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Vayalapalli accepts

Dr. Vayalapalli accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Tricare
TriCare for Life
United Behavioral Health EPO
Value Options

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Frequently Treated by Dr. Vayalapalli

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Vayalapalli treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Vayalapalli treats other conditions, please contact the office at (404) 994-5000.

Addiction and Substance Abuse

Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other Addiction and Substance Abuse specialists.

Typically treats 64% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Nondependent Alcohol Abuse

Dr. Vayalapalli treats Nondependent Alcohol Abuse more than 89% of their peers

Dr. Vayalapalli treats this condition more than 89% of their peers

Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
high

Dr. Vayalapalli treats Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse more than 85% of their peers

Dr. Vayalapalli treats this condition more than 85% of their peers

Drug and Alcohol Dependence

Dr. Vayalapalli treats Drug and Alcohol Dependence more than 82% of their peers

Dr. Vayalapalli treats this condition more than 82% of their peers

General Mental Health

General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.Compare with other General Mental Health specialists.

Typically treats 65% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 11 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Adjustment Disorder

Dr. Vayalapalli treats Adjustment Disorder more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Vayalapalli treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)

Dr. Vayalapalli treats Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders) more than 100% of their peers

Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)

Dr. Vayalapalli treats Dysthymia (Chronic Depression) more than 100% of their peers

Check Dr. Vayalapalli's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Vayalapalli's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Antipsychotic Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Homicidal Ideation
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Lithium Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychophysiological Insomnia
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis

Dr. Vayalapalli's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vayalapalli

2.3

Dr. Vayalapalli?
She does not listen and charges the insurance company for an hour long visit. Lucky to get 12 minutes.
Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Terrible. My daughter has gone without medicine for over a week now. The pharmacy said they’ve tried to contact her multiple times, no response. Finally figured out the hold up is that our insurance now refuses to pay for this med unless the prescription is written as a 90 day. So, I said, “just give it to her and I will pay cash and figure it out with the doctor later WHEN/IF she ever decides to answer her phone. They are not great at answering the phone or returning calls. My daughter has been on this medicine for five years. The front office staff (female) has a serious attitude, so if a female answers be prepared to get testy with her because that’s the only way to get anything out of her. The male receptionist is nice and so is the nurse—who i think is related to the doctor. There are many more issues that I won’t go into, but after 5 years here we are done. Should’ve been done a long time ago except it was convenient to our home and on our insurance policy.
Tracie – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I gave Dr. V a try, and saw her for 5 appointments. She gives me less than 5-10 minutes an appointment. She is unwilling to try different medications when what she prescribes is not working, and I don't feel like she takes me concerns seriously. I have tried all of the natural recommendations, exercise, meditation, counseling, and still she would not listen when I said I needed more help with anxiety, depression, and focusing. She said "there is no magic pill" when in fact there are so many types of SSRIs and other medications to try, which I asked for, and she wouldn't prescribe. Now, she billed my insurance hundreds of dollars each visit for a 5 minute appointment, and I am going to have to find another psychiatrist and go through this process all over again. Highly disappointed. For "care" psychiatry, she really makes you feel like she does the opposite of caring.
Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
If you are a republican, don’t go here. If you need help, don’t go here. If you need someone to talk to, don’t go here. I do not like to leave bad reviews for businesses, but since this business is supposed to help people, I feel it is my duty. I do not want anyone to experience what I did. I went to Dr. Vayalapalli and the initial intake session was supposed to be very lengthy which is why it costs so much. It was not lengthy. They said up to two hours, it was a half hour. To see my full review do a google search for care psychiatry and look at that review. It’s sad. She should lose her license.
LK – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Was a patient here for some time. Dr V. is openly rude on the phone and in person. She acts hostile when you need more than the 5 minutes of time she gives you during appointments. Couldn't get a needed medication refilled because the pharmacy she sent it to was out of it and could not transfer it somewhere else. She refused to give me 5 minutes of her time to resolve the issue. She left me without medication for 3 days over the weekend and when Monday rolled around I was told she would give me the great honor of speaking to me on Tuesday... No concept that you can't miss certain medications without horrible consequences. Absolutely unacceptable. I immediately found a new psychiatrist and left. The front staff have two normal workers. A man and a woman. The man is actually fairly nice and pleasant to speak to. The woman is a nightmare and acts like you slapped her in the face just because you called. If you get her i'd just leave or hang up and try again. If you choose this place be pr
D. O. – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I don’t think it’s necessarily about her, specifically. But being recommended to her from a Gwinnett hospital felt suspect. Sounds like a contract office. It’s been over a year of seeing her, and I feel like just a cog in the wheel; an ends to a mean; an unknown signature on her paycheck. Front desk staff man is fantastic, though. He’s very sweet and helpful.
Erin Birdsong – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Would give a 0 it didn’t let me I don’t like to say bad stuff usually on people and some but In this case its my son’s lifeDr. Vayalapalli was awful to my son 16 year old boy that suffer from anxiety. She made his anxiety much worse , she stress him out by asking him why is wearing hoodie in the summer and why is bitting his nails and she made him feel so bad instead of being apathetic and understanding she gave him medicine that did not work she told us to stop if it doesn’t, and when we ask them to fill out paperwork from school ( even though we’ve been with her for 3 months unfortunately didn’t have any body else from the insurance) she told us that she doesn’t know us and can’t sign the papers and have to go to the hospital they said that the hospital was my son’s only option to get his paperwork sign I’m shocked that doctors like these still in practice ,if you read this Please don’t go in any circumstances she’s the worse ever!!! Please stay away for your own good !!!
Eti. H – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Dr. V only cares about your money and not your health, it is obvious. The boy at the front is rude and incompetent. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
Michael – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Vayalapalli for 3years after my previous psychiatrist passed away. She constantly nagged me about my weight and lack of exercise, telling me these issues were causing my depression. I am 66 years old and have been treated for depression since I was 18. My weight has never been an issue to me but I could never make her understand that. I found her to be judgemental and condescending. She typed into her computer during the sessions and rarely made eye contact with me. Dr. V. dismissed my dissatisfaction with my medication and was unwilling to make changes even though I was not making progress. Fortunately, I have found a wonderful doctor who is actually interested in my well being and we are working with medications to help me feel "normal" again. Please don't waste your time or sacrifice your self esteem by seeing her. The nicest compliment I can give is that her office manager was very nice.
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Dr. V has put me in a very dangerous situation. After taking Adderall for 20 years. I went in for medication refill and she cut me off cold turkey. I asked her if that would be safe. She said yes and after I requested to be weaned off she refused . Upon looking up the truth about quitting Adderall cold turkey, They strongly strongly suggest not to quit Adderall cold turkey; To be Supervised and the under care of your doctor while you are being weaned off of adderall slowly.It is very dangerous to do it any other way! The truth is It is very very unsafe due to the side effects : suicidal thoughts, depression, Sleeplessness, irritability, hallucinations, Fatigue, paranoia, confusion, nausea, stomach aches, vomiting, Severe headache, trouble concentrating, muscle aches and pains, and there’s more... I expressed to her that the thought of cold turkey after 20 years TERRIFIED me. So please learn from my experience and seek other help for Dr. V cares NOTHING About your well-being!!
Paige Eppinette – Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Only interested in charging your credit card. Screwed up appt times, arrived on time, told to return later! Poorly run, rude, charged card, offered no help, no counseling Only insults and a multi hundred dollar bill.
Angry in Gwinnett, GA – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli for over two years and have never been fond of her. She never really seemed to care about my depression and was too focused on my weight and not having a boyfriend. Today was the last straw. I don't understand how someone with a specialty in mood disorders can tell their patient diagnosed with Major Depression that they have to make a "conscious effort" to go to the gym in order to lose weight. Really?! That's it?! Alert the medical board and scientific researchers that the only thing people diagnosed with depression need to do to get things done, is to make a "conscious effort"! I am 31 years old, 5'2 and 173 lbs. I know I need to get in better shape! "You've been steadily gaining weight since you started coming here" umm hello, I'm a woman! You don't think any woman would NOT notice weight gain?! I have NEVER mentioned not being happy with my body. I have zero motivation or drive to do anything. I'm lucky my meds get me to work.
Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
My daughter is a "patient" of "Dr. V" and I will not be back. She proceeded to judge both my daughter and myself for asking to change her meds as they are not helping her anxiety and depression. Dr V, was very confrontational, towards my daughter and seemed annoyed that my child didn't know why she was anxious or sad. Dr. V seemed completely baffled by the concept that mental ILLNESS is a disease and sometimes teens have a hard time elaborating on their feelings. She rudely compared my daughter to her daughter, which was unnecessary and not appropriate. Dr. V didn't understand why my daughter couldn't get a job even after I explained there is a transportation issue. Dr V suggested she walk or ride a bike to get a job. No thanks! I am actively pursuing a new psychiatrist as this one needs to refine her skills.
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I have been trying to get my medical records released to my primary care provider for four months. She just keeps asking me why but won't release them. Don't waste your time!
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Wow, just got my medicare info and see where she bills THEM for '45 minutes'- if I am LUCKY I get 8 minutes (with the door OPEN!) what a crook. Sheesh. but you have to get your meds somewhere- kaching! Love when they call you and have you on SPEAKER phone. Her office is a tiny, cramped dump. I am afraid to touch any surfaces.
HSB in Roswell, GA – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I spent a total of 5 minuets with the actual doctor who immediately preceded to attack me for my situation. She solely went off of the information her assistant incorrectly told her. She didn’t even speak to me personally. I DO NOT recommend her. She is rude and short. I felt attacked the short time I even saw her. Extremely disappointed.
Norcross, ga – Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I'm reporting to my Primary Care doctor not to ever recommend this practice to another patient. My son was more confused and hurt by his visit than helped. They were rude and inconsiderate of what my son was going through and didn't care about anything he was saying. They dr kept interrupting him while he was answering her questions. Not helpful at all!! Go somewhere else!
Debbie in Flowery Branch – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I really like her ! She really seems to care and explains everything. I could not be happier with my experiences with her
Diana in Lilburn, GA – Oct 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I feel like everyone here is talking about a different doctor. I have had nothing but great experiences with this doctor and have been using her for over 2 years. She is empathetic and listens to me. She has even called me at home when she was concerned about me. I've NEVER had a psychiatrist do this. I was pregnant and had a healthy baby boy while seeing her and she was constantly checking on me with different aspects on my mental health. She is extremely professional and knowledgeable.
Suwanee, GA – Sep 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Please please don't see this doctor, especially if you are struggling with mental illness! You will walk out of the office feeling worse about yourself than when walked in!!!! Please take heed in this review and keep searching! I would give a negative rating if I could!
Georgia – May 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vayalapalli?

Psychiatrist