Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD

Dr. Vayalapalli
Telehealth services available

Care Psychiatry

950 Scales Rd Ste 302 Suwanee, GA 30024

Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Suwanee, GA and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Osmania Medical College, Ntr University Of Health Sciences medical school in 1997. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Emory Johns Creek Hospital and Northeast Georgia Medical Center Gainesville. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Vayalapalli to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Vayalapalli's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Vayalapalli's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)

Dr. Vayalapalli treats Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders) more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Vayalapalli treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)

Dr. Vayalapalli treats Dysthymia (Chronic Depression) more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Vayalapalli treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

• Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol Withdrawal
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Antipsychotic Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Lithium Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychophysiological Insomnia
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Stress Management
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Vayalapalli accepts

Dr. Vayalapalli accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Vayalapalli's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vayalapalli

2.2

Dr. Vayalapalli

. She does not care about you, or your feelings. She literally just works for the paycheck. She charges you for a full session when she only allows you to talk for five minutes and gets upset if you ask for more time. She can’t do her job right. Don’t l go here. Save your money, its not worth it. She treats you like an absolute nuisance and honestly just makes the affects of my depression even worse. Its a real shame that she studied for years only to be a lame excuse for a psychiatrist.
Dec 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Doesn't care, basically doesn't give a dime about people and their issues. Cold, no warmth She completely ignores the patient and what they have to say. Just making money, worst practice ever. Would not even spent full 5 minutes with the patients Long wait times
Oct 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I have been a healthcare professional for the better part of 30 years and only used this practice due to insurance. My children (teens) were the patients and we are survivors of domestic violence, with a legal order proving it and forbidding the abuser from contact. This "practitioner" got the abuser involved and literally screamed at me in front of my child claiming he has the right to be present by phone for the appointments. She then attacked my child, raked her over the coals about her medication, and asked if I was brainwashing her. My other daughter saw the PA twice, who was fine. However, this "physician" was an absolute abomination. It was so shocking, I still can't do it justice when describing it. We left and went to Dr Nora Hanna, paid cash, and were so grateful we did. She took excellent care of my children, offering rational care plans, a logical approach to medication, and involved my daughters in their own care--as it should be.
Lisa W – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I absolutely recommend Dr. S. Vayalapalli. She is a caring, supportive psychotherapist and MD. Her office staff is compassionate. She has helped me to loosen the grip of benzodiazepines. I am grateful!
Barbara C. – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I am a parent of an underaged(teen) patient. I requested to speak with the MD. They asked for paperwork as proof of my guardianship of my son ( I am the Insurance Card Holder). I faxed the information, 3 days later I called for a follow-up to be told the paperwork is still under review. The answering service or front office personnel is very rude and unprofessional. We have canceled future appointments. I wish there are more Psych. in Gwinnett Co. to select from. Also, my son found it difficult to understand him. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.
lliams – Dec 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
She does not listen and charges the insurance company for an hour long visit. Lucky to get 12 minutes.
Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Terrible. My daughter has gone without medicine for over a week now. The pharmacy said they’ve tried to contact her multiple times, no response. Finally figured out the hold up is that our insurance now refuses to pay for this med unless the prescription is written as a 90 day. So, I said, “just give it to her and I will pay cash and figure it out with the doctor later WHEN/IF she ever decides to answer her phone. They are not great at answering the phone or returning calls. My daughter has been on this medicine for five years. The front office staff (female) has a serious attitude, so if a female answers be prepared to get testy with her because that’s the only way to get anything out of her. The male receptionist is nice and so is the nurse—who i think is related to the doctor. There are many more issues that I won’t go into, but after 5 years here we are done. Should’ve been done a long time ago except it was convenient to our home and on our insurance policy.
Tracie – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I gave Dr. V a try, and saw her for 5 appointments. She gives me less than 5-10 minutes an appointment. She is unwilling to try different medications when what she prescribes is not working, and I don't feel like she takes me concerns seriously. I have tried all of the natural recommendations, exercise, meditation, counseling, and still she would not listen when I said I needed more help with anxiety, depression, and focusing. She said "there is no magic pill" when in fact there are so many types of SSRIs and other medications to try, which I asked for, and she wouldn't prescribe. Now, she billed my insurance hundreds of dollars each visit for a 5 minute appointment, and I am going to have to find another psychiatrist and go through this process all over again. Highly disappointed. For "care" psychiatry, she really makes you feel like she does the opposite of caring.
Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
If you are a republican, don’t go here. If you need help, don’t go here. If you need someone to talk to, don’t go here. I do not like to leave bad reviews for businesses, but since this business is supposed to help people, I feel it is my duty. I do not want anyone to experience what I did. I went to Dr. Vayalapalli and the initial intake session was supposed to be very lengthy which is why it costs so much. It was not lengthy. They said up to two hours, it was a half hour. To see my full review do a google search for care psychiatry and look at that review. It’s sad. She should lose her license.
LK – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Was a patient here for some time. Dr V. is openly rude on the phone and in person. She acts hostile when you need more than the 5 minutes of time she gives you during appointments. Couldn't get a needed medication refilled because the pharmacy she sent it to was out of it and could not transfer it somewhere else. She refused to give me 5 minutes of her time to resolve the issue. She left me without medication for 3 days over the weekend and when Monday rolled around I was told she would give me the great honor of speaking to me on Tuesday... No concept that you can't miss certain medications without horrible consequences. Absolutely unacceptable. I immediately found a new psychiatrist and left. The front staff have two normal workers. A man and a woman. The man is actually fairly nice and pleasant to speak to. The woman is a nightmare and acts like you slapped her in the face just because you called. If you get her i'd just leave or hang up and try again. If you choose this place be pr
D. O. – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I don’t think it’s necessarily about her, specifically. But being recommended to her from a Gwinnett hospital felt suspect. Sounds like a contract office. It’s been over a year of seeing her, and I feel like just a cog in the wheel; an ends to a mean; an unknown signature on her paycheck. Front desk staff man is fantastic, though. He’s very sweet and helpful.
Erin Birdsong – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Would give a 0 it didn’t let me I don’t like to say bad stuff usually on people and some but In this case its my son’s lifeDr. Vayalapalli was awful to my son 16 year old boy that suffer from anxiety. She made his anxiety much worse , she stress him out by asking him why is wearing hoodie in the summer and why is bitting his nails and she made him feel so bad instead of being apathetic and understanding she gave him medicine that did not work she told us to stop if it doesn’t, and when we ask them to fill out paperwork from school ( even though we’ve been with her for 3 months unfortunately didn’t have any body else from the insurance) she told us that she doesn’t know us and can’t sign the papers and have to go to the hospital they said that the hospital was my son’s only option to get his paperwork sign I’m shocked that doctors like these still in practice ,if you read this Please don’t go in any circumstances she’s the worse ever!!! Please stay away for your own good !!!
Eti. H – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Dr. V only cares about your money and not your health, it is obvious. The boy at the front is rude and incompetent. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
Michael – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Vayalapalli for 3years after my previous psychiatrist passed away. She constantly nagged me about my weight and lack of exercise, telling me these issues were causing my depression. I am 66 years old and have been treated for depression since I was 18. My weight has never been an issue to me but I could never make her understand that. I found her to be judgemental and condescending. She typed into her computer during the sessions and rarely made eye contact with me. Dr. V. dismissed my dissatisfaction with my medication and was unwilling to make changes even though I was not making progress. Fortunately, I have found a wonderful doctor who is actually interested in my well being and we are working with medications to help me feel "normal" again. Please don't waste your time or sacrifice your self esteem by seeing her. The nicest compliment I can give is that her office manager was very nice.
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Dr. V has put me in a very dangerous situation. After taking Adderall for 20 years. I went in for medication refill and she cut me off cold turkey. I asked her if that would be safe. She said yes and after I requested to be weaned off she refused . Upon looking up the truth about quitting Adderall cold turkey, They strongly strongly suggest not to quit Adderall cold turkey; To be Supervised and the under care of your doctor while you are being weaned off of adderall slowly.It is very dangerous to do it any other way! The truth is It is very very unsafe due to the side effects : suicidal thoughts, depression, Sleeplessness, irritability, hallucinations, Fatigue, paranoia, confusion, nausea, stomach aches, vomiting, Severe headache, trouble concentrating, muscle aches and pains, and there’s more... I expressed to her that the thought of cold turkey after 20 years TERRIFIED me. So please learn from my experience and seek other help for Dr. V cares NOTHING About your well-being!!
Paige Eppinette – Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Only interested in charging your credit card. Screwed up appt times, arrived on time, told to return later! Poorly run, rude, charged card, offered no help, no counseling Only insults and a multi hundred dollar bill.
Angry in Gwinnett, GA – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli for over two years and have never been fond of her. She never really seemed to care about my depression and was too focused on my weight and not having a boyfriend. Today was the last straw. I don't understand how someone with a specialty in mood disorders can tell their patient diagnosed with Major Depression that they have to make a "conscious effort" to go to the gym in order to lose weight. Really?! That's it?! Alert the medical board and scientific researchers that the only thing people diagnosed with depression need to do to get things done, is to make a "conscious effort"! I am 31 years old, 5'2 and 173 lbs. I know I need to get in better shape! "You've been steadily gaining weight since you started coming here" umm hello, I'm a woman! You don't think any woman would NOT notice weight gain?! I have NEVER mentioned not being happy with my body. I have zero motivation or drive to do anything. I'm lucky my meds get me to work.
Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
My daughter is a "patient" of "Dr. V" and I will not be back. She proceeded to judge both my daughter and myself for asking to change her meds as they are not helping her anxiety and depression. Dr V, was very confrontational, towards my daughter and seemed annoyed that my child didn't know why she was anxious or sad. Dr. V seemed completely baffled by the concept that mental ILLNESS is a disease and sometimes teens have a hard time elaborating on their feelings. She rudely compared my daughter to her daughter, which was unnecessary and not appropriate. Dr. V didn't understand why my daughter couldn't get a job even after I explained there is a transportation issue. Dr V suggested she walk or ride a bike to get a job. No thanks! I am actively pursuing a new psychiatrist as this one needs to refine her skills.
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
I have been trying to get my medical records released to my primary care provider for four months. She just keeps asking me why but won't release them. Don't waste your time!
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?
Wow, just got my medicare info and see where she bills THEM for '45 minutes'- if I am LUCKY I get 8 minutes (with the door OPEN!) what a crook. Sheesh. but you have to get your meds somewhere- kaching! Love when they call you and have you on SPEAKER phone. Her office is a tiny, cramped dump. I am afraid to touch any surfaces.
HSB in Roswell, GA – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vayalapalli?
Provider explaining information to patient