Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD

Dr. Suryadevara
Telehealth services available

The Colorectal Center

2004 Hayes St Ste 715 Nashville, TN 37203

Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in Nashville, TN and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from University of The West Indies / Faculty of Medicine in 2001 and specializes in colorectal surgery.

Dr. Suryadevara's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Suryadevara

Dr. Suryadevara?
Dr. Suryadevara's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD
Dr. Suryadevara and his staff are very professional and compassionate. Will listen and talk to you to make certain you understand any issues you are facing. His surgical skills are highly respected and we are very confident that he is the best in the area!
Jane – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
I went to several Gastrointerlogist to try to get help and all they wanted to do was give me medications. One time I was given 2 at a time and it took me 31 days to have a bowel movement. They all wanted to do a colonoscopy and give me 2 bowel preps at a time and it always failed. I finally said no more medicine. Then they told me they couldn’t help me. My endocrinologist sent me to another Gastrointerlogist and he immediately sent me to doctor Sree. He is one of the best doctors I’ve ever seen. He listened to me and explained that I needed a colorectal surgery. He kept me 9 days in the hospital and checked on me every day to make sure I wasn’t having any difficulties. At my follow up I told him I was having trouble with too many loose stools so he told me to take Imodium at night. That stopped the problems. If you’re having any trouble. I recommend you see him because he’ll take care of you. I’m always recommending him to my primary doctor to tell other patients about him.
Teresa Thomas – Oct 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
Dr. Suryadevara saved my husband multiple times over the course of less than a year. He had been diagnosed with colorectal cancer by a local specialist, and we were immediately referred to Dr. Suryadevara. The surgery was complex and had complication risks. One of the more serious complications developed about a day after surgery, and more surgery was required by Dr. Suryadevara - he saved his life that day after already removing the cancer the day before. Also he was so thorough in testing before surgery to determine if treatments were needed, the kind and extent of cancer, etc. He was kind but straightforward, explained risks, possible complications, and has walked every step of the way with us. We were fortunate that no cancer treatments were needed, and he has monitored my husband every three months to be sure there are no changes indicating a recurrence of the cancer. The entire staff is like a family and has been so kind and encouraging to us all along as well.
Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
His care policy is not true. On my first and only visit he did not make me feel comfortable. He stood the entire visit, looked at his watch at one point and kept inching toward the door. He did not examine me, and did not seemed to care about my situation. The doctor I went to for a 2nd opinion did an exam, took the time to go over all my symptoms , and actually presented a plan of action for my issue.
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
I have found it rare to find a doctor who cares about his patients like Dr. Suryadevara does. He always put me at ease and provided excellent care. I am truly thankful for him and his staff. Also, he fixed a very complex problem and I couldn't be more grateful!
VRed in Nashville, TN – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
For over two years, we have desperately searched to find out what was causing my husband so much pain and discomfort. We met with several primary doctors and specialists, but only Dr. Suryadevara was able to diagnose my husband within minutes of looking at his imaging. Although my husband ended up having to have surgery, Dr. Suryadevara was able to put an end to his pain and we are finally getting back to our regular lives. His staff was so organized and helpful - this office is AMAZING!
Jeff and Arrah Addison in Dickson, TN – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
Dr. Suryadevara operated on me one year ago (July 31st 2017) I'll make this short. I had a pocket in my colon and he remove the part that was bad and the surgery went perfect and, I had zero problems related to the surgery. He knows what he's doing.
Mike (GI Joe) in Cookeville, TN – Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
If I never mention what a well rounded, fantastic human being this man is, his surgical skills are second to none. Dr. Suryadevara is hands down the most professional class act surgeon I've ever had the pleasure of trusting with my life. Far beyond his years, this man is top notch & I can never thank not only him but all the staff both in office at The Colorectal Center & the surgical team at St. Thomas (Midtown) Many thanks..... John Allen Herrick (2017)
John Allen Herrick in Murfreesboro, TN – Mar 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
Dr Suryadevara, performed surgery on me and I couldn't be happier with the results. He explained everything up front and was honest with me. Thanks
Ralph Bates in Brentwood, TN – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
I was diagnosed following a colonoscopy with a large polyp which could not be removed during the procedure. I was referred to Dr. Suryadevra for a colectomy. During my first visit with him he explained in detail the surgery, answered all my questions and made me feel like I was being taken care of. I liked him immediately and that is important to me. I am now 3 weeks post - op and doing well. I highly recommend this skilled, personable and talented surgeon.
Nancy Cox in Goodlettsville – Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
I am absolutely satisfied with the level of care that I received from Dr. Suryadevara. I recently had surgery but before the surgery, he was able to relax my level of concern for the procedure. He patiently answered all of my questions and concerns. Dr. Suryadevara was easy to talk with and at a level to help me fully understand the procedure. His office staff was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
Elaine Humphrey in Gallatin, TN – Feb 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
Not only is he an excellent surgeon but equally important to me is his bedside manner. He takes his time to address all your questions and explains them so that you can understand. Not just in and out and indifferent but truly cares. I recently had colon surgery and am quite fortunate Dr. Suryadevara was my doctor. I highly recommend The Colorectal Center and Dr. Suryadevara to anyone who is facing colorectal surgery.
Thomas Jones in Dickson, TN – Nov 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
I'm eternally grateful for the care, expertise and bedside manner of Dr. Suryadevara and his staff. I was a new patient and did not realize that I had a very serious condition that required emergency surgery. His team was kind, reassuring and swiftly acted to get me the treatment I needed.
Amy J. in nashville, tn – Oct 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
DR. Sree Suryadevara is an amazing doctor. I have been under his care since April 2016. He perfoemed a partial colectomy on me in April 2016. He made me feel very comfortable throughout my entire experience under his care. The surgery went just as he explained. I highly recommend Dr Stee for any of your colorectal concerns. He is he best!
Donnie in Nashville TN – Oct 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
I'm 25 and was 24 at the time when Dr. Sree performed a bowel resection on me. He gave me my life back in every sense of the word. He was 100% professional and managed to take something terrifying to me and make it seem not so bad. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone. Thank you for giving me my life back.
Jordan in Bowling Green, KY – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
My appt was at 3:30 & I wasn't seen until 5:15. I'm guessing he was in a rush to get home because he didnt want to see or take care of me. He kept telling me he had no time to perform a 10-15 min surgery (hemorrhoid removal). I was in tears in pain from them but he told me "they aren't that bad" after finally removing them he said I couldn't have medicine since I was pregnant. I was in pain all night and prescribed nothing when I could have been. Very unprofessional and do not recommend.
Portland, TN – Sep 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
Dr. Suryadevara combines congeniality and professionalism in a very caring doctor-to-patient manner. He will let you know what is needed for you physically, while allowing you time and space to process possible options. As he works with you, it becomes very clear that his patients are his highest priority. His nurse and office staff exemplify these same qualities.
John in Rockvale, TN – Aug 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
He is thorough, compassionate and extremely knowledgable. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing colon care. His staff possess excellent customer care and kindness.
Belva in Woodbury Tennessee – Aug 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?
Was treated terribly upon arrival because I didn't have my insurance card. The office had been made aware of my insurance situation prior to appointment. I had been emailing the office manager and my insurance agent so they could coordinate the finances before appointment. I had just gotten new insurance and hadn't received cards yet. They turned me into collections without even notifying me and I never received a bill. Also I never received an EOB from insurance. 30days I was hospitalized d
Jeff Fields in Bowling green ky – Mar 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sree Suryadevara, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Suryadevara?

Disorders of the colon and rectum often place extra anxiety on patients. As a result, my priority is to make the patient experience as comfortable as possible. It is my duty to ensure that patients have all of their questions and concerns answered and leave the office knowing that I have provided the best service I possibly can.

• Colorectal Surgery