Dr. Srdjan Mirkovic, MD

Dr. Srdjan Mirkovic, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 59 years old

Dear Patient: I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my spine practice. I have been in practice since 1990. I earned my medical degree at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. Following graduation, I completed my internship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. For the next four years, I continued advanced training in orthopedic surgery as part of my residency at Baylor College of Medicine. Following completion of my residency, I pursued advanced subspecialty training (or fellowship), in spine orthopedic and neurosurgery at the University of California in San Diego. My practice is restricted to the diagnosis and operative and non-operative treatment of spinal disorders, and is focused on minimally invasive cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine surgery, as well as post-operative early return of function. I have been the principal investigator and developer of artificial disc replacement as well as other minimally invasive technology. My practice uses state-of-the-art diagnostic means to accurately localize the cause of patients symptoms. If aggressive non-operative treatment fails, minimally invasive surgical approaches are often used to shorten recovery and expedite return to an active lifestyle using the latest techniques. My practice strives to provide as much information as possible, to ensure that patients make an informed decision regarding their treatment options. It is my mission to provide you the same excellent service and care that I would offer to family members. I have won the Prestigious North American Spine Society Research Award twice and have extensively lectured and written on spinal disorders. I am fluent in French and Spanish and enjoy a variety of interests including history and exercising. My goal is to provide you with the best medical care available. I do realize the inconvenience in completing the pre-clinic visit information. This information, however, is essential to ensure accuracy and to allow us further insight into your current condition. Additionally, I apologize in advance should you have to wait to see me. Unforeseeable events sometimes occur and patients require special attention. Under these circumstances, my staff and I will do our best to see you as soon as possible and ensure that you receive individualized attention.Read more

NorthShore University HealthSystem

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Mirkovic's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Mirkovic's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mirkovic

Dr. Mirkovic accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Mirkovic has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Mirkovic's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mirkovic to family and friends
3.7
Experience with Dr. Mirkovic
Dr. Mirkovic's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (36)
in Chicago, IL |
Awful. Wrong Diagnosis, No Explanation of Diagnosis, Incorrect PT Prescription, Shady Billing.
in Antioch, IL |
Dr. Mirkovic was very nice. Took time to explain my x-ray results and next steps, answering all my questions. The new orthopedic clinic at Glenbrook is staffed with wonderful people who were very nice and made sure I was as comfortable as I could be and answered all my questions. I feel very confident in the care I received and future diagnostics and treatment.
in Chicago, IL |
Came highly recommended, feel very confident I would be in good hands, felt a little rushed with his time couldn't ask all the questions I would have liked.
Have you seen Dr. Srdjan Mirkovic, MD?
Are you Dr. Mirkovic?

Compare Dr. Mirkovic

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Mirkovic at NorthShore University HealthSystem

Why It Matters: Dr. Mirkovic's Board Certifications

• Ankle Fracture
  • Broken Neck
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Total Disc Replacement
  • Vertebroplasty
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Worker's Compensation Evaluations

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Georgetown University School Of Medicine

Universite Of Liege

Graduated in 1977

• Paul Harrington Research Award, 1989
    • North American Spine Sociey Research Awards, 1990&1994

Dr. Mirkovic has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Mirkovic does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mirkovic and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Mirkovic's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Mirkovic

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Mirkovic's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Mirkovic

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Mirkovic's Care Philosophy