Dr. Spiro Antoniades, MD

Dr. Spiro Antoniades, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Spiro Antoniades, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Bel Air, MD. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

615 W MacPhail Rd Ste 210

Bel Air, MD 21014

(443) 643-2078

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Antoniades

See how frequently Dr. Antoniades performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone

Dr. Antoniades's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Ataxia
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Gout
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Union Memorial Hospital
  • Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Antoniades has no media or publications listed.

• Greek

Dr. Antoniades does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Antoniades and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Antoniades' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Antoniades to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Antoniades' Performance
Baltimore, MD |
Very rude! Insensitive ! Didn't look at the paperwork that I was required to fill out. He was answering a text on his phone while trying to pull up my MRI . Gave me a prescription told me if it didn't help with the pain in 2 to 4 weeks here is a script for a updated MRI and then come back and see him. Never ask if I had any questions or concerns. Maybe in the office a total of 10 minutes . Once I signed in at the front office I sat for 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged I signed in.
Aberdeen,MD |
Very rude doctor. Believe the earlier reviews about him having no bed side manner. He is impolite. He is insensitive. And he has a horrible attitude. Doctors should be kind, compassionate and a little more pleasant. He is none of the following. I came to him to inquire about having a spinal fusion after living with scoliosis for 10 years and he told me my spine would never be straight, could never be corrected. He prescribed me meds for 3-6 weeks and asked if I liked to be “sent somewhere else”
in Owings Mills, MD |
Dr. Antoniades saw me urgently. He performed surgery within 2 weeks. Dr. Antoniades was honest and kind during his examination. His staff, Erin, Crystal, Sandy were remarkable. They are a warm and welcoming office. The OR called the day before to confirm, the staff called the day after surgery to confirm I was doing okay and if I needed anything. I am beyond pleased and happy with the care I received. I wish there were more physicians like Dr. Antoniades, he is truly one of a kind.
in Bel Air, MD |
I love the personal treatment and compassionate care that Dr, Antoniades and his PA, Erin Holloway, gave me during both of my spine surgeries. He was "on call" for me and no concern that I had was too small. I wish there were more doctors of this competence! In addition, Kate, Crystal and all the office staff were warm and understanding. I highly recommend them!
in Bel Air, MD |
11-18-16 Dr Antonades did a l3-L5 fusion and L5-s1 decompression, relieving months of pain and fixed an unknown crushed disc and cracked vetebre that was not detected on scans. Dr A is extremely through and explains it to me in patient terms we can understand. Highly recommend him. Christine DeFord
in Aberdeen, MD |
Dr Antoniades is wonderful,caring doctor I trust him completly would not hesitate to recomend him He has a reputation of being a good doctor in the local medical community
in Edgewood, MD |
Dr. Antoniades was very easy to chat with and explained everything involved. He has a great personality and his caring approach, combined with the information and YouTube videos of his surgeries and lectures with other health care professionals, provided for a very easy and comfortable view of the surgery ahead of me. There was no sense of being rushed at all. Every question and concern was answered until my comfort level was achieved.
Havre de Grace MD |
Especially appreciate the information he recommended that pertained to my specific diagnosis. It greatly helped me understand the surgical procedure.
Baltimore, MD |
Before back surgery with this doctor my wife could walk on her own,now she needs a cane or a walker,his words after the surgery were you will be dancing in 8 weeks now she can barely stand,her life has been ruined.I would never recommend this man.
in Abingdon, Md |
Dr. Antoniades is a brilliant Doctor. Before finding Dr. Antoniades I had two back operations and still was unable to drive distance and walk a mall. When I moved to Maryland I went to a well known Dr. In the area that makes you see a PA. No Help. Dr. Antoniades did the proper tests and had a diagnosis for me. Going to have another operation with him and look forward to a active life.
in KINGSVILLE, MD |
The Doctor explained everything in detail and all possible treatments.
Baltimore, MD |
He was very nice. Easy to talk to. Unfortunately he was unable to help me, due to my medical issues.
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. took time to explain everything, and he listened to my concerns. He asked several times if I had any questions. He went over the MRI with me, explaining each abnormality. His staff were so friendly and helpful. After the visit, the Dr. even emailed me information about my condition, including a description of the surgery and ways to help manage pain. I am so grateful to everyone for seeing me so quickly and for taking such good care of me. I could not be more pleased.
in Washington, D.C. |
Simple ! I wanted a great doctor to give me straight answers to questions I had ,and to treat me like he would want to be treated if he went to the doctor . That's exactly what I received , one of the best doctor experiences I've had in my life , Hats off to you Dr Antoniades
Have you seen Dr. Spiro Antoniades, MD?
Are you Dr. Antoniades?