Dr. Spencer Bertram, MD

Practices Pain Medicine

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 32 reviews.
Author:
I saw him when he was in Rochester, and when I found out he was no longer in the area, I was really sad to have to find a new pain management doctor. I only saw him once, but he was really kind and caring towards me and I felt like he took me seriously even though I am young. He listened to me and did a gentle exam of my mouth (where I am having pain) that was more gentle and careful than a lot of dental providers I've seen. I really appreciated that he was willing to see me and try medications to help me. I wish he was still in the area! If you read this Dr. Bertram, know that you are greatly missed in Rochester and you had a positive impact on me and were one of the nicest providers I have seen in my long list. Wish you were closer because I'd be coming to you if I could!
This guy is a jerk.
Author:
This doctor exceeds in knowledge, professionalism, and has taken care of my neck and back issues very well to void major surgery. However, Dr. Bertram is no longer at; University Pain Clinic of Rochester, Michigan, and will be truly missed by his patients. For me I will be looking for another Pain Doctor like Dr. Bertram.
Author:
Dr Bertram is a kind and compassionate man. His approach to treatment is personalized, proficient, & paramount. I have been to other “pain clinics” where treatment is more like an assembly line. That’s not the case with Dr Bertram. He truly has a concern for his patients. Dr Bertram has provided relief to my chronic back pain when others couldn’t. His knowledge and experience is priceless. And that’s why I drive more than a hour to his office. If you’re in extreme pain, this place is for you. td
Author:
Dr. Bertram is amazing. Very friendly, personable, and caring, and willing to listen to EVERYTHING said, and explained to him. He doesn’t speak in medical terms when explaining things; he explains things to you so you’ll understand them. Very sad to hear that he is no longer at the practice in Rochester, MI. I hope if he still continues to practice, that we can locate him again!
Author:
Dr. Bertram has changed my life. I was barely functioning before going to see him. His treatments have given me a new lease on life! His staff is so helpful and caring. I have recommended freinds who are now patients as well.
Author:
I have been going to Dr. Bertram for the past couple of years. He is extremely professional and has a great bedside manner. With his care, I have been able to stay away from narcotic medication and surgery. His staff is caring and always goes the extra mile. I recommend Dr. Bertram to everyone I know.
Author:
My husband first used Dr. Bertram for his back and he received relief from his injections. I had an issue and went to Dr. Bertram and he has helped me with head and neck pain. You have to have confidence in the doctor who puts needles into the base of your skull. He has a gentle touch and is a caring doctor.
Author:
He is a self-center and arrogant doctor that does not listen and does not want to hear your thoughts or opinions. He need to be learn to read his patients, not everyone is a drug seeker, some need extra care and support. He can not look beyond his own ego to see the signs of abuse and does not want the extra work it may take. When things go wrong, he is too arrogant to admit the error and get help! He does not care. He does as little as possible. Calling with a question do not expect a call back
Author:
I started seeing Dr Bertram about 7 months ago. He was WONDERFUL when I made the switch to his clinic. Recently, he is very short & uncaring. Hes unwilling to switch me over to what works for my pain. He is "uncomfortable" bcuz it stopped working. I explained many times it didn't, I was having another issue that I was hospitalized for. He stops me & says no, We're not going back. His new larger framed lady that assesses the patient made the office quality go down, I heard her talking to him @me
Author:
When I first started seeing him he was fabulous. He finally gave me answers to my questions about my pain. He was great to talk to and very understanding. After seeing him for a year he was no longer understanding even with being honest with him. I told my PCP and they had stated that they had heard similar complants. I would not suggest this Dr. for long term care. This Dr. Does have an awesome staff
Author:
Incredibly knowledgeable, Excellent bedside manner, and Friendly Office Staff/Nurses. Highly recommended.