Dr. Spencer Amory, MD

Dr. Spencer Amory, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Spencer Amory, MD is a general surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in general surgery and surgery.

161 Fort Washington Ave # 6620

New York, NY 10032

• Anthem
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Amory

See how frequently Dr. Amory performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Colectomy
Removal or Destruction of Rectal or Intestinal Tumor (incl. Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy and Control of Hemorrhage)
Intestinal Obstruction

Dr. Amory's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Amory "I treat each person as a unique individual. I get to know that person and listen to the medical issue(s) that led him/her to see me. I spend time in conversation and examination to gather the information necessary for a diagnosis and treatment. I discuss the management options so that we can jointly select the appropriate treatment. Every question is welcomed. I enjoy learning about each person and sharing the benefit of my expertise. I hold sacred the trust placed in my care."

• General Surgery
  • Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Long Island University / Brooklyn Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Colum Presby
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Colum Presby
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Amory has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Amory does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Amory and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Amory's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Amory

Dr. Amory?
Dr. Amory's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Spencer Amory, MD
Dr. Amory performed my laparoscopic cholecystectomy in 2010. I was completely satisfied and impressed with my care. Naturally, when my spouse needed triple hernia surgery we sought his opinion. There are no words to convey Dr. Amory's skill and compassion. I am a nurse and my husband a physician...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Spencer Amory, MD?
Dr. Spencer removed my gall bladder years ago. You can read so much about issues with diet after gall bladder surgery but I've had none and my G.P., looking for the "scars" after the surgery (very hard to locate) said she'd never seen such fine work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Spencer Amory, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Amory?