Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 38

Dr. Kassem

Nationwide Childrens Hospital

500 E Main St Ste 305 Columbus, OH 43215

Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Columbus, OH and has been practicing for 12 years. She graduated from Lake Erie Coll Of Osteo Med in 2008 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Kassem accepts

Dr. Kassem accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Kassem's experience treating your condition or procedure

2.2

Dr. Kassem?
Dr. Kassem's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO
Atrocious! Vulgar and impatient with my daughter!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
If I could give her no stars I would. She's verybrude and shouldn't be working with children. She's a very cold hearted person and because of her my child hasn't went back to her office since. She's not personable T all and she doesn't care for children. They need to fire her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
My son literally scream with glee after finding out that Dr. Kassem was no longer affiliated with Nationwide Children's Hospital. I just hope she isn't able to victimize other children in another facility. She was always condescending and simply not empathetic to the needs of a child a child who struggled with anxiety and behavior issues. Her way or the highway pretty much sums up her treatment plan
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
I was a patient of Dr. Kassem and she was very patient and understanding of my problems. She was the one who scheduled my MRI because she felt something was wrong which led to us figuring out about my brain tumor. She was very polite and one of the most caring doctors I've ever had
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
Don't ever let anyone refer to this so called dr. she is so not caring about your child and very rude>it's her way or no way, she doesn't care what your child has been diagnosed with>she will sit there and look at you weird and no matter how many times you see her or her staff call you everyday for how many days every week she thinks she knows more than the parents, the school system or anyone. She takes away Tic medicine, anxiety medicine and whatever else she wants to. She needs turned in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
Dr. Kassem shows no empathy toward her patients or their parents. Trying to schedule appointments so my child does not miss school is ridiculous. But when she needs to be on vacation or change a scheduled appointments we are the ones who have to reschedule all of our commitments. We have waited for up to 1 hour in her office for our scheduled appointments to begin. I do NOT recommend taking your child to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
I wouldn't recommend taking your child to Dr. Kassem. She lacks any level of empathy/understanding for the struggles of chronic anxiety. At 1st appt., she switched my child to a new med & we scheduled a follow-up. We had to reschedule due to THEIR ERROR pushing the appt. out a week. When we ran out of meds, Dr. Kassem refused to write an RX for 1 wk of meds forcing my child to go without meds causing panic attacks, intensified anxiety and severe weight loss. Dr. Kassem couldn't have cared less.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
My son has been seeing Dr. Kassem since 2014. My only complaint is that now that my son is 18, we will have to find him an adult psychiatrist once he graduates high school.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
I'm glad to know that I am not the only parent that has issues with this doctor. She never seems to be concerned about what is best for the child involved. Is almost what I would call combative when you ask her to do something. I wish there were better options available. It takes so long to get in to a psychiatrist in this town and v then you have to deal with child like behavior from the doctor. Very frustrating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?
I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor in my entire life. My son is on three different types of medication for behavior. We had an appointment for him during the same week as my mom's dying from cancer. I requested to have the appointment moved to the following month due to my son already missing five days of school in the same month. She totally cut him off his medication. And he is giving me and his school tons of trouble. He has not missed any appointments Pryor to this either.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sophia Kassem, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Kassem?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

2008
Lake Erie Coll Of Osteo Med

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kassem treats patients.