Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD

Addiction PsychiatryFemaleAge 54

Addiction Psychiatry

Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in New York, NY and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Saint George's University / School Of Medicine medical school in 2008. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD

Evolution Medicine

16 Madison Sq W Fl 12 New York, NY 10010 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Lazarevic treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Lazarevic accepts

Dr. Lazarevic accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Lazarevic's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lazarevic

3.0

Dr. Lazarevic

Dr. Sonya Lazarevic evaluated me during a series of sessions from September-November 2020. She was unprofessional (2 months late in submitting her IME report to my employer), rude, callous, vindictive, poorly educated as made evident in a number of ways, dry, slow, and utterly lacking in expertise, empathy, and imagination. More like a poorly trained robot than a physician and therapist. Her clinical approach and psychiatric assessment of me made it patently clear that she has not grasped the basics of addiction psychiatry moreover human psychology, which is a disgrace given her NYC residency and subspecialty training in addiction psychiatry, and her purported long-term experience. Avoid her at all costs. She shouldn't be practicing adult psychiatry or addiction psychiatry. She is likely doing more harm than good to her "patients."
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Dr. DD – Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I find Dr. Lazaravic to be very comforting and effective. Her approach is casual and slow, creating a very open environment, free of judgement. She challenges me to understand myself and I feel like we work as a team. I would recommend Dr. Lazaravic to those who require supportive therapy and aren't afraid to put work into their progress.
Heather Termyna in Westwood, NJ – Sep 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I really found this psychiatrist VERY difficult and I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Even though, outwardly, she seemed friendly, in conversation I constantly had the impression of superiority, as if I was being talked-down to, just because I was a patient, not a doctor. I heard "entitlement" to respect, which is, of course, earned, not conferred by an M.D. certificate. I also noticed an unwillingness to think about altenative medications. The whole experience was unpleasant.
Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Lazarevic's for about a year now. During that time I have found her to be professional, flexible and most importantly a great resource for me and my treatment. She never hesitates to schedule appointments on short notice and her administrative service is also very easy to use. As a doctor she is engaging, friendly and warm. Lastly, there has never been a time when I have felt uncomfortable, rushed or felt like she wasn't giving me 100% of her energy and attention.
New Yok, NY – Aug 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I was very pleased to find Dr. L, as she is direct and thoughtful in her approach. I immediately felt comfortable with her, and look forward to working with her.
Brooklyn, NY – Aug 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I saw the doctor for depression and expressly told her I did not want SSRIs because of ED problems. She wrote out a prescription for a medication that contained serotonin. During the appointment, she was not listening closely and rather wanted to show off what she thought she knew. I also found her manner sharp and certainly did not have, what I would call, a good bedside manner. She is one of many psychiatrists I have seen over the years and I would rank her at/near the bottom.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
New York, NY – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
She asked great questions, saw me ontime, presented a good treatment plan.
Alex P in Newyork, NY – Oct 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lazarevic?