Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD

Addiction Psychiatry •  Female • Age 53

Dr. Lazarevic

Oasis Psychological Services

16 Madison Sq W Fl 12 New York, NY 10010

Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in New York, NY and has over 12 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Saint George's University / School Of Medicine medical school in 2008. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lazarevic to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

Dr. Lazarevic accepts

Dr. Lazarevic accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Lazarevic treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Lazarevic's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lazarevic

3.2

Dr. Lazarevic?
So this 'doctor' assumed I had an eating disorder because I was slightly underweight, actually I am being treated for leukemia, but she didn't even take my history before making this assumption, just looked at my weight! She didn't even spend 2 mins with me before assuming all this. Oh and she attend a Caribbean medical school which is what Americans do when they can't get in stateside, not a real MD imo.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
NYC – Jun 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I find Dr. Lazaravic to be very comforting and effective. Her approach is casual and slow, creating a very open environment, free of judgement. She challenges me to understand myself and I feel like we work as a team. I would recommend Dr. Lazaravic to those who require supportive therapy and aren't afraid to put work into their progress.
Heather Termyna in Westwood, NJ – Sep 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I really found this psychiatrist VERY difficult and I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Even though, outwardly, she seemed friendly, in conversation I constantly had the impression of superiority, as if I was being talked-down to, just because I was a patient, not a doctor. I heard "entitlement" to respect, which is, of course, earned, not conferred by an M.D. certificate. I also noticed an unwillingness to think about altenative medications. The whole experience was unpleasant.
Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Lazarevic's for about a year now. During that time I have found her to be professional, flexible and most importantly a great resource for me and my treatment. She never hesitates to schedule appointments on short notice and her administrative service is also very easy to use. As a doctor she is engaging, friendly and warm. Lastly, there has never been a time when I have felt uncomfortable, rushed or felt like she wasn't giving me 100% of her energy and attention.
New Yok, NY – Aug 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I was very pleased to find Dr. L, as she is direct and thoughtful in her approach. I immediately felt comfortable with her, and look forward to working with her.
Brooklyn, NY – Aug 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
I saw the doctor for depression and expressly told her I did not want SSRIs because of ED problems. She wrote out a prescription for a medication that contained serotonin. During the appointment, she was not listening closely and rather wanted to show off what she thought she knew. I also found her manner sharp and certainly did not have, what I would call, a good bedside manner. She is one of many psychiatrists I have seen over the years and I would rank her at/near the bottom.
New York, NY – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?
She asked great questions, saw me ontime, presented a good treatment plan.
Alex P in Newyork, NY – Oct 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonya Lazarevic, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lazarevic?

• Addiction Psychiatry