Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 53

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. He is affiliated with Cedars - Sinai Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD

Sonu Ahluwalia, MD

2080 Century Park E Ste 1204 Los Angeles, CA 90067

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Ahluwalia with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center.

Dr. Ahluwalia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahluwalia

Great surgeon who really cares about his patients. He did my bicep tendon tear and I feel fantastic Listen to his advise after surgery and your results will be great His staff is unbelievable and Maria is off the charts
Donald Stanzione – Aug 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia has been amazing! I had my shoulder surgery in March and have been pain free and my recovery has been great! His office staff is also amazing, Maria is very professional and always willing to help! Thank you again Dr and team!
Elias and Maria Garcia – Jun 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Had labrum surgery over a year ago and my shoulder is worse than what it was before seeing dr Ahluwalia. The great communication and care initially given to his patients mask the work he really does and charges a hefty price for it as well
Nov 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Screwed up my arm, terrible doctor! Had to get a second surgery to correct the mistake he made even though it won't be as good as it would have been if I went to a better doctor in the first place. Ridiculous and so pricey!
An – Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia performed a stem-cell procedure on my shoulder and delivered on his promise. I was in terrible pain; the worst I had ever felt. sometimes the pain brought tears to my eyes. It's been six months since the procedure and I am pain-free.
Edie Nitzberg – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr Ahluwalia first saw me last spring after a fall and broken arm. I was given an appt for the same day, his office and staff worked smoothly and efficiently. He explained the exray, reccommended treatment ,and in three months I was well. Recently had hip pain, he quickly diagnosed it, received an injection and now much improved. Veryyyy satisfied with his office and his care!
Frances Reed – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia performed a very successful rotor cuff surgery on my right arm. I would recommend him for anyone needing this type of surgery.
Stan Caplan – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
He was very responsive to all my questions. He has operated on me twice shoulder and knee and both came out fine. In addition I have had a number of muscle and joint related problems as well, and he has guided me through those as well.
Ken – Aug 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia is a compassionate, caring orthopedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. I was referred to him for a knee replacement surgery which was complicated by a number of underlying health conditions. Dr. Ahluwalia coordinated my care with a team of 4 other Cedars specialists. Everyone’s opinion was solicited and valued. Under Dr. Ahluwalia’s leadership they worked as a coordinated team. His practice administrator, Maria, promptly returned my calls and e-mails, and kept me well informed of the medical team's decisions throughout my recovery. Surgery went well, recovery took a bit, but now my new knee and I are doing well!
aw – Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr SonuAhluwalia is a splendid surgeon, and a very considerate, lovely Gentleman! I highly recommend Dr Ahluwalia for any Sports Surgery needs or opinions, as he is a brilliant Doctor, and an amazing Surgeon! He operated on my Rotator Cuff, which was completely torn. This involved debridement, bone spur removals, removing synovial tissue for biopsy and reattaching my Bicep. It is now two months post-op, and I am doing very well. His staff are kind and helpful. I am so appreciative to have had Dr Ahluwalia as my Surgeon!
Linda Thompson in Sherman Oaks, CA – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I am grateful and fortunate to have such an excellent surgeon treat my healthcare needs. The organization is professional and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Ahluwalia.
Lon S. Yatman in Sherman Oaks, CA – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia is a wonderful, caring, kind and intelligent doctor. I came to him with what looked to another doctor as a slightly torn meniscus. I had been sent to physical therapist after physical therapist, had accupuncture, and PRP that did not help at all. After 6 months of pain, I finally found Dr. Ahluwahia. He explained carefully and patiently that surgery for my torn meniscus would help and suggested his much more evolved and different version of PRP for both my knee and for a hip that had started to hurt. Even though I had been doing everything to avoid surgery, I felt reassured right away. I had the surgery and the PRP, which was incredibly effective, like a miracle! After the surgery Maria and Dr. Ahluwalia were so reassuring and available to answer any questions, and were very clear how long recovery would be and what I had to do. This is 2 years ago...I have been pain free since then. I trust him completely and recommend him so highly!
Donna Roth – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I have already referred my daughter to him and will likely return to him for my knee issue. I had a rotator cuff repair on my R. shoulder. I am entirely happy with the outcome. I am now (5 1/2 months post-surgery) pain free, have full range of motion (better than on the uninjured side) and no visible scarring. The office (Maria) was a joy to work with.
May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia is the head of orthopedics at one of the best hospitals in the world for a reason. My wife tore rotator cuffs in each shoulder during the past three years and her surgery and subsequent recoveries were both remarkably simple and fast. Our PT kept saying how impressed she is with his work and we are total fans. Staff communicates well
May 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia suggested a procedure called Arthroscopic Superior Capsular Reconstruction for my irreparable rotator cuff. This procedure was outpatient, only four weeks down time and physical therapy. My pain subsided after a few months. My range of motion is incredible now. This is an incredible option procedure and Dr. Ahluwalia is the Best!
Apr 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia is an excellent doctor. He is focused, through, forward thinking and conservative in his recommendations, yet mindful of the ultimate goal. He is extremely knowledgable. My recovery from knee surgery is 100% in large part due to his surgical skills. I would recommend him without reservation as a surgeon. He is also highly regarded among his peers.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Within 3 days of my hip replacement, I was working at the office, at 60 days, walked four miles - pain free. Now walking 3.5 miles per day and building cardio stamina. Stunned my Cardiologist with the results of my latest echo; ejection fraction jumped out of the severe range to 45%. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better surgeon than Dr. Ahluwalia, anywhere. Because of him, I’m pain free, physically active and my heart is on the rebound. Thanks Dr. Ahluwalia, I now have a new lease on life!
Dan in Las Vegas, NV – Oct 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I had a bad fall at the gym which resulted in an incredibly painful smashed and fractured hip. Dr. Ahluwalia performed surgery to insert a titanium rod in my femur and one in my hip and had me back on my feet in no time. I was amazed that he did that with only two tiny incisions on my leg and a minor incision on my hip. I am grateful to have been referred to such a skilled surgeon.
Tarzana, CA – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I went to Dr Ahluwalia for an unknown shoulder pain, his service was immediate, scheduled MRI and consolation and treatment all in the same day. His service and bed side manor was impeccable. He was very clear with me about his diagnosis and treatment plan. I left his office that day pain free. I appreciate what great service he provided for me.
  • Long wait times
Roger Douglas in Simi Valley, CA – Sep 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Beyond having impeccable credentials Dr. Ahluwalia is supremely kind, caring and patient and he took the the time to answer and explain all the questions I had. His staff is exemplary. Maria was constantly in touch handling any issues that came up, it was so wonderful to have such great care. And now the best part, I was walking 6 hours after total knee replacement, yes! Without using a cane or a walker and we have video to prove it. By the end of the first week I could walk one and a half mile
Leila ross in Culver City, CA – Sep 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ahluwalia?