Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Ahluwalia

Sonu Ahluwalia, MD

2080 Century Park E Ste 1204 Los Angeles, CA 90067

Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Los Angeles, CA. He graduated from Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya / Mahatma Ghandi Memorial Medical College and specializes in sports medicine, reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Ahluwalia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahluwalia

Dr. Ahluwalia?
Dr. Ahluwalia's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD
He was very responsive to all my questions. He has operated on me twice shoulder and knee and both came out fine. In addition I have had a number of muscle and joint related problems as well, and he has guided me through those as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia is a compassionate, caring orthopedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. I was referred to him for a knee replacement surgery which was complicated by a number of underlying health conditions. Dr. Ahluwalia coordinated my care with a team of 4 other Cedars specialists. Everyone’s opinion was solicited and valued. Under Dr. Ahluwalia’s leadership they worked as a coordinated team. His practice administrator, Maria, promptly returned my calls and e-mails, and kept me well informed of the medical team's decisions throughout my recovery. Surgery went well, recovery took a bit, but now my new knee and I are doing well!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr SonuAhluwalia is a splendid surgeon, and a very considerate, lovely Gentleman! I highly recommend Dr Ahluwalia for any Sports Surgery needs or opinions, as he is a brilliant Doctor, and an amazing Surgeon! He operated on my Rotator Cuff, which was completely torn. This involved debridement, bone spur removals, removing synovial tissue for biopsy and reattaching my Bicep. It is now two months post-op, and I am doing very well. His staff are kind and helpful. I am so appreciative to have had Dr Ahluwalia as my Surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I am grateful and fortunate to have such an excellent surgeon treat my healthcare needs. The organization is professional and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Ahluwalia.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia is a wonderful, caring, kind and intelligent doctor. I came to him with what looked to another doctor as a slightly torn meniscus. I had been sent to physical therapist after physical therapist, had accupuncture, and PRP that did not help at all. After 6 months of pain, I finally found Dr. Ahluwahia. He explained carefully and patiently that surgery for my torn meniscus would help and suggested his much more evolved and different version of PRP for both my knee and for a hip that had started to hurt. Even though I had been doing everything to avoid surgery, I felt reassured right away. I had the surgery and the PRP, which was incredibly effective, like a miracle! After the surgery Maria and Dr. Ahluwalia were so reassuring and available to answer any questions, and were very clear how long recovery would be and what I had to do. This is 2 years ago...I have been pain free since then. I trust him completely and recommend him so highly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I have already referred my daughter to him and will likely return to him for my knee issue. I had a rotator cuff repair on my R. shoulder. I am entirely happy with the outcome. I am now (5 1/2 months post-surgery) pain free, have full range of motion (better than on the uninjured side) and no visible scarring. The office (Maria) was a joy to work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia is the head of orthopedics at one of the best hospitals in the world for a reason. My wife tore rotator cuffs in each shoulder during the past three years and her surgery and subsequent recoveries were both remarkably simple and fast. Our PT kept saying how impressed she is with his work and we are total fans. Staff communicates well
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia suggested a procedure called Arthroscopic Superior Capsular Reconstruction for my irreparable rotator cuff. This procedure was outpatient, only four weeks down time and physical therapy. My pain subsided after a few months. My range of motion is incredible now. This is an incredible option procedure and Dr. Ahluwalia is the Best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia is an excellent doctor. He is focused, through, forward thinking and conservative in his recommendations, yet mindful of the ultimate goal. He is extremely knowledgable. My recovery from knee surgery is 100% in large part due to his surgical skills. I would recommend him without reservation as a surgeon. He is also highly regarded among his peers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Within 3 days of my hip replacement, I was working at the office, at 60 days, walked four miles - pain free. Now walking 3.5 miles per day and building cardio stamina. Stunned my Cardiologist with the results of my latest echo; ejection fraction jumped out of the severe range to 45%. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better surgeon than Dr. Ahluwalia, anywhere. Because of him, I’m pain free, physically active and my heart is on the rebound. Thanks Dr. Ahluwalia, I now have a new lease on life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I had a bad fall at the gym which resulted in an incredibly painful smashed and fractured hip. Dr. Ahluwalia performed surgery to insert a titanium rod in my femur and one in my hip and had me back on my feet in no time. I was amazed that he did that with only two tiny incisions on my leg and a minor incision on my hip. I am grateful to have been referred to such a skilled surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I went to Dr Ahluwalia for an unknown shoulder pain, his service was immediate, scheduled MRI and consolation and treatment all in the same day. His service and bed side manor was impeccable. He was very clear with me about his diagnosis and treatment plan. I left his office that day pain free. I appreciate what great service he provided for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Beyond having impeccable credentials Dr. Ahluwalia is supremely kind, caring and patient and he took the the time to answer and explain all the questions I had. His staff is exemplary. Maria was constantly in touch handling any issues that came up, it was so wonderful to have such great care. And now the best part, I was walking 6 hours after total knee replacement, yes! Without using a cane or a walker and we have video to prove it. By the end of the first week I could walk one and a half mile
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I saw Dr. Ahluwalia about two months ago. He suspected I had a torn Achilles Tendon which was confirmed by an MRI. I wore a boot for two months and am following up with physical therapy he recommended. He spent as much time with me as I needed and answered all of my questions and concerns. He is very friendly and extremely professional. I would recommend him unhesitatingly to anyone who needs an orthopedist. Warren Los Angeles
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Wonderful surgeon. Great pre-op and post-op follow up. Office staff warm, friendly and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I could have not asked for a better doctor to do my bursitis surgery. From the moment Dr. Ahluwalia entered the exam room, to the follow up appointments, his attention was always on me, making sure my needs and questions are always answered. You're in great hands when you're a patient of Dr. Ahluwalia's!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Going on 4 years with Avascular Necrosis of my femur. I believe the surgery Dr. Ahluwalia just performed 10 days ago will be the final nail in the coffin. Very attentive, detail oriented, knows his stuff. Maria is great at responding right away. Highly recommended for anyone with joint problems, whether hip, knees shoulders or anything else
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I am a tennis player tore my rotator cuff. Two orthopedic doctors advised me to have surgery. Dr. A. Was my 3rd and final opinion sought and he claimed a 50/50 chance to heal w/o surjery! I followed his advise exactly and had physical therapy ad per his perscription. I had a 100% recovery w/o surjery. Three months ago I came to him with a broken ankle. He guided me through a very successful repair. I'll be back on the court after an easy 5 month recovery. He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
Dr. Ahluwalia changed my life! I'm 66 years old, and sustained a shoulder injury years ago. It was never properly treated and kept deteriorating as I got older. I developed frozen shoulder as my worn-out shoulder (bone-on-bone, arthritis, bone spurs) kept getting worse. Dr. Ahluwalia examined me, ordered a CT scan, and within a few days, recommended a total shoulder replacement. It's the best thing I've ever done. His assistant Maria does an excellent job of keeping everything on track!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?
I feel so lucky to have Dr. Ahluwalia work with me. I broke my ankle and the first day I saw him he? made me feel relaxed. He told me he would get me back on two feet and active soon and he was right. Few months later I am walking and feel strong. ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ahluwalia?

Dr. Ahluwalia, MD, FACS is a double board certified and Harvard trained orthopaedic surgeon in Beverly Hills, California. His is currently the Clinical Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

• Sports Medicine

2001
Massachusetts General Hospital
2001

Dr. Ahluwalia accepts

Dr. Ahluwalia accepts the following insurance:

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union WC
AvMed
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Health Net
Employer Group HMO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Ahluwalia treats your condition or procedure

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Trigger Finger
  • Wrist Fracture

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ahluwalia treats patients.