Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Sonoo Advani, MD
Dr. Sonoo Advani, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Livingston, NJ. She is 56 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Advani is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center.

315 E Northfield Rd Ste 1C

Livingston, NJ 07039

• EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Advani

Dr. Advani's Experience

Dr. Advani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hyperparathyroidism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Seth Gs Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • University Of Connecticut, School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Saint Barnabas Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Advani has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • Russian
  • Sign Language
  • Tagalog
  • Ukrainian

Dr. Advani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Advani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Advani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Advani to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Advani's Performance
Studio City, CA |
Very unfriendly and rude staff. It doesn't reflect well on the doctor herself when you have already told her and no changes are made and you continue to get disrespectful staff answering the phone who really don't care at all and want to just dismiss you, being rude whilst doing so!
in hillside,Nj |
I have been going to Dr.Advani based upon referall. Through close monitoring she was able to diagnose a condition I have been unknowling battling and presibe me the correct medication. She introduced me to a traditional medicine and an alternative natural medicine. Since her treatment I have lost over ten pounds and my free testosterone is at a healthy level. Her and her staff are patient and efficient.
I cannot adequately express in words how thankful I am for Dr. Advani. I was experiencing intense anxiety, depression and significantly rapid weight gain that started really affecting every aspect of my life. Before I found her, I was desperately going to my primary and OBGYN for months and months, asking for help because I knew something was wrong. Both of those doctors ran one series of thyroid blood work that came out normal, prescribed me an anxiety med and that was it. Thankfully, I refused
in West Orange, NJ |
Dr. Advani is the most caring and wonderful Dr. I went to see her with an out of control blood sugar that my Dr. was unable to get under control. My nutritionist (Donna Galarza, who is also beyond amazing!) recommended Dr. Advani. Under Dr. Advani's care, I was off insulin that she put me on within 2 weeks!!!!!! She tweaked my medications and monitored me so closely, that a few months later, I now have almost a normal A1C and feel amazing. Her entire staff is warm, helpful, courteous too!
in Caldwell, NJ |
She is a caring professional who listens to your concerns and talks honestly and openly as an equal.. she cured my hyperthyroidism and I was able to get off all my medications .. Normal thyroid function x 1 year.. Excellent Doctor with a heart!!
in Roseland, NJ |
I have suffered with digestive issues my entire life - I'm 60 years young now. After being in and out of Hospitals, ERs, seeing numerous doctors throughout the years (and getting misdiagnosed) - IBS, allergies, etc - with no relief on so many prescribed meds.... Dr. Advani gave me my life back. 5 months ago, my life changed.NATURAL HEALING! No more abdominal pain, etc. Dr. Advani listened to me. She heard me - my symptoms, history, etc. I can't begin to tell you what a fabulous Dr. she is.
in New Brunswick, Nj |
I became a patient of Dr. Advani in March 2016. I am a Thyroid cancer survivor and my previous endocrinologist prescribed Synthroid. It left me feeling lethargic and I was not able to hold steady employment. Dr. Advani prescribed Armour Thyroid and started me on a yeast cleanse. Six months later I have the energy level I had prior to my diagnosis, I follow a low glycemic diet and I have a full time job now working in a warehouse at Amazon. Thank you Dr. Advani!
in Pond Eddy NY |
I was mislead by this doctor. I specifically went to her to be treated with a bio identical hormone. After assuring me that is what she prescribed, I was horrified to find out that was not what I was taking for several months.
in Denville, NJ |
I went to Dr. Advani because I read somewhere that she has a holistic approach. I am SO HAPPY I FOUND HER!! I immediately felt like she understood where I was coming from. She's easy to talk to. She didn't blow me off because my bloodwork looked pretty good. She took me off Synthroid and put me on Armour and I feel so much better! She really listens.
in Midland Park, NJ |
After years battling various thread conditions (including Graves disease), I have finally found this amazing Doctor named Dr. Advani. I credit her for saving my life. She took me off of an unnecessary medication, worked with me to do a more natural approach to treat my condition, & has monitored me well to ensure I stay healthy. She is one of the few courageous Endocrinologists that work with natural thyroid medications & with this- I have never felt better! I am taking my mother in law in next!
in Short Hills, NJ |
From the first visit, Dr. Advani inspires confidence. She is genuinely concerned with your treatment, and not with a quick fix. Everything suggested has proved beneficial. Chronic inflammation in my lower back is gone. I recently did a specific cleanse for my particular dietary situation. I lost 9 pounds. It is the first time in over 12 years I have been able to keep my weight under 200lbs. It was very easy to accomplish. I couldn't be more positive!
Have you seen Dr. Sonoo Advani, MD?
Are you Dr. Advani?

Visit Dr. Advani

Dr. Advani accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • EmblemHealth
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA