Psychological Pharmacology  |
Dr. Sonny Joseph, MD
Dr. Sonny Joseph, MD is a psychological pharmacology doctor who practices in Orlando, FL. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

9430 Turkey Lake Rd Ste 204

Orlando, FL 32819

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Joseph

Dr. Joseph's Experience

Dr. Joseph's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychological Pharmacology

Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder

• Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Joseph has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Joseph does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Joseph and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Joseph's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Joseph to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Joseph's Performance
in kissimmee, fl |
Excellent Pharmacology MD. Many years of experience. Cares about his patients.
Kissimmee, FL |
Worst doctor. Patients are herded in and out like cattle. He spends no longer than 1 minute with patients. Was excited for his expertise in medicine, he just wants patients that will not ask any questions, and he will not help you understand. When asked for explanation, I was asked to leave. Stay away if you actually want help.
in ORLANDO, FL |
Dr. Joseph has seen me through a couple of hard times. He is a fine doctor that I would recommend to anyone in need of a psychiatrist, Many, many thanks.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Joseph has been a wonderful help to me. I have been going to him for close to a year and he has helped me find a balance of medications that is working for me. He listens to me when I say the side effects don't work for me, or that it didn't solve the issue we were working on. I've have had doctors in the past that brushed me off and made me feel worse leaving than I did than when I arrived. I'm thankful I found Dr. Joseph
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Joseph has been my psychiatrist for 17 years and has helped me manage my bipolar disorder. He has check me able to work and of out the hospital and saw me through a difficult period. His staff is very friendly and it is easy to schedule an appointment.
Orlando, FL |
I tried to give him a chance. In my first visit I advised him EXACTLY what medications I have tried and failed in the past. I had advised him who my previous psychiatrist was and what he prescribed, and that I was stable on those medications for years until I lost my health insurance and had to stop being seen and come off meds.First thing he does is deny one of my medications because it's a C3. I still kept an open mind, he is just a horrible doctor. Plays games with your life.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Sonny Joseph has been treating me since 2007 and have always been completely satisfied with his knowledge, efficiency, and professionalism. He listens and treats the problems decisively.
I have been seeing Dr . Joseph for overs 1 yeard
in St Cloud, FL |
I've been seeing Dr. Joseph for 10 years, I was a mess when I first walked into his office. I had Anxiety, Depression and Bipolar issues. Through the years he has helped me cope with my illnesses, changing meds as needed to make sure I can function around people and deal with my illnesses. I can't recommend a better Dr. Thank you Dr. Joseph for putting me in the condition I'm in now where I am able to function a bit better because of you.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Joseph is a great physician and has helped me immensely!
Apopka Fl |
I have been a patient of Dr Joseph for over four years and absolutely love him - he is very kind and caring and has given me a much better quality of life - I highly recommend him
Kissimmee, FL |
I can't say enough about how much Dr. Joseph has helped to change my life. By listening and caring, we got to the root of my problems and through the proper treatments we were able to get me in the healthiest mental state I've ever been in in my life. I now live a fulfilled happy existence and I know I have a true friend in Dr. Joseph. He and his staff truly care about their patients, and I hope that anyone who can use his help turns to somebody like him. I am truly grateful For his help.
Orlando FL |
Dr Joseph helped me piece my life together. His kind nature and patience helped me work through the best treatment for me. He always listened to my input and considered it in order to make the proper adjustments. I highly recommend him.
Kissimmee, FL |
He's Nothing but a pill pusher. He sees you in his office for 10 minutes, writes you a prescription, collects your money, and want to see you again in four weeks to prescribe you more addictive medications and collect more money from you. He Explains nothing and gets angry when you ask him any questions. He has notices on his wall asking people to give him good online reviews because of so many bad and honest ratings he actually gets. Pathetic excuse for a Harvard trained PhD.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Joseph is an excellent clinician and is very skilled at matching pharmaceuticals to a patient's condition.
Melbourne , FL |
Been a patient of Dr. Joseph for 4 years now. He has changed my life by helping me with an almost 20 year struggle with insomnia/anxiety that prevented me from having a quality of life I never even knew that I had been missing out on. Life changing miracle after seeing so many other doctors that never could figure out how to really help me. Now I'm rested, and not just living my life, but able to fully enjoy it with peace of mind knowing insomnia is no longer a concern. His help is a God send.
in Winter Garden, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Joseph for over 10 years he is a caring and really helps his patients. he is calm and makes you feel at ease when you see him. I think that he would be a gread addition to your health care.
Ocoee, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Joseph for about 3 years. He and his staff are amazing, extremely helpful and friendly. I have had insomnia and anxiety for a while and saw other doctors to no avail. However, with Dr. Joseph's medical expertise, excellent listening skills, and patience, he has helped me greatly. Thank you, Dr. Joseph and his wonderful staff including his very nice office manager!
in Orlando, FL |
I suffer from biopolar depression and anxiety and have been to several doctors who prescribed Lithium and Wellbutrin as well as a ton of drugs. No combination worked, not only did I suffer from depression I suffered from insomnia about two to three times a week. I finally found Dr. Joseph who knew the combination that would work. He prescribed Seroquel, Zyprexa Gabapentin and Klonepin. Not only do I sleep like baby I haven't been depressed in years and I have the Klonepin for my anxiety.
St Cloud, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Joseph for 13 years.....I find him reputable, pleasant and caring. I have never been disappointed with his staff or their service.
Orlando, FL |
I have found Dr. Joseph to be extremely helpful. He has extraordinary training and education (Harvard and MIT) along with a kind empathetic manner which allows me as a patient to feel extremely comfortable. Dr. Joseph also has succeeded in providing the best psychiatric care I have ever experienced. Dr. Joseph has my highest recommendation.
Celebration |
I have been seeing Dr Joseph for about 10 yrs now. He has been instrumental in my life and has helped me tremendously. Dr Joseph is compassionate, caring, and extremely knowledgeable. As a highly respected Harvard educated physician, Dr Joseph maintains high ethical standards and treats his patients with respect and dignity. He listens to your concerns and works with you to find the best treatment plan and modifies it when necessary. Simply put, Dr Joseph is the BEST!
in Orlando, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr Sonny Joseph for over five years now. He is a very competent, compassionate, and qualified psychiatrist whom always listens to my needs an concern regarding my mental health. His staff have always been very friendly and respective. They have also been very understanding and helpful when I have called in to advise them I will be late or that I need to reschedule an appointment. Wait times are great and rarely over 10 minutes past my scheduled time. I highly recommend.
Orlando, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Joseph's for 5+ years now and do not care to see any other doctor but him. I've never had a more understanding, flexible and kindhearted doctor and staff like his. Dr. Joseph listens to your concerns and together, come up with a solution. When I lost my job, Dr. Joseph allowed me to keep my appointments even though I couldn't pay. Once, I showed up to my appointment a day early and despite being a busy practice, him and his staff still worked me in the schedule.
Winter Garden, FL |
I called to get an appointment and they said they can't take on new patients until June. I heard good things, but that's a little ridiculous.
in Rockledge, Fl |
Dr Joseph has saved my life. I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder last summer and Dr Joseph has monitored me carefully and has found the correct combination of medications for me. And now I'm doing great, totally changed my life around. I drive an hour to go to my appointments with him. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Orlando, FL |
All I can say about Dr. Josh is simply AMAZING. He listens with pure concern and treats precisely. He is incredibly introspective and has a true gift to heal. I am the most stable I have been in a long time having been through severe traumas due to Dr. Joseph. Dr. Joseph, THANK YOU!!
Orlando, FL |
Have been seeing Dr. Joseph for several years for my med checks. He has always been willing to try a different medication or combination when it has been necessary. Great staff too.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Sonny Joseph is truly an an amazing doctor! We are so lucky to have a Harvard, MIT trained MD right here in Dr. Phillips. His team is so dedicated to his clients, always trying to serve as many people as possible. The wellbeing of others is what matters the most to them and they are very happy to help you with the appointments. Best Doctor ever!
in Winter Garden, FL |
Dr. Joseph is very knowledgeable about psychiatric medications and how they work. He is highly educated with a M.D. In Psychiatry and a P.H.D. In Psychology as well as other degrees from prestigious universities including Harvard. He is good at diagnosing your illness based on your symptoms and prescribing medications for your condition. If you need changes made, he is very willing to accommodate you. Once you are stable, he doesn't waste your time in his office.
in Orlando, FL |
Have been seeing Dr. Joseph for about 5 years now and I have to say that from my first visit he was able to diagnose and treat my anxiety so that I am able to cope and live a normal life. I have found his staff to be very caring and helpful especially when I've had to reschedule an appointment, even at the last minute, they are very understanding. Dr. Joseph was recommended to me by my primary care physician and I would highly recommend him to others, as wel!
in Orlando, FL |
All Dr. Joseph does is handing out medication he does not sit and talk to you to find out exactly what's going on with you,you're in his office maybe 10 minutes at the most when he prescribes medication that is way beyond what you really need! I would never recommend this man to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in St Cloud, FL |
I have been a patient for over 15 years. He is always a completely professional gentleman. He always is very attentive and has the proper solution.
in Orlando, FL |
I have been seeing Dr Joseph since August. During my visits he has demonstrated professionalism, knowledge, and care for my well being. He analysis my condition and administers the medication suitable for me and explains in detail how the medication should function. His intellect in Pharmacology is evident. In several instances I have called his staff to be seen, or to advise of a malaise, and I always receive an answer the same day. His staff are always courteous, and helpful!
in ST Cloud, FL |
I am honored to have Dr Joseph as my physician overseeing my medications. He is a very caring and understanding Dr and his office staff is Amazing!
in Windermere, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Joseph's for over 10 years. He is a highly skilled practitioner who obtained degrees from both Harvard and MIT. He is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to medications, interactions, and what will work best for each patient. Although he has a thriving practice, he takes time to listen to each patient and will always get you in when there is an emergency. I especially appreciate how Dr. Joseph listens when I have issues with medication.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Joseph treats several family members with depression. He has been our Psychiatrist for over 10 years. He listens with concern and understand the medication he prescribes. We highly recommend him.
in Orlando, FL |
I was recommended to Dr Joseph just over 11 years ago. I had fallen into severe ambien withdrawl and had little sleep over 10 days. He introduced low doses of medications over several days, and he always took his time to listen about what was working. He never increased a dosage – instead he added a different medication that took a different pathway through the brain. And it worked effectively. Now, years later, my adjusted meds leave me able to focus completely on my job. I trust him implicitly
He's an EXCELLENT Doctor, very caring and is patient with you! He has treated me for over 20 years for anxiety and depression. My whole family has seen him at some point in there lives. He has all the credentials, went to Harvard and MIT, has an M.D. In psychiatry and Ph.D in clinical psychology
in Orlando, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Josephs for over 5yrs and he is very knowledgable ,caring and patient. His staff is very friendly and proffesional. I can't recommend him highly enough!
in Orlando, FL |
I am Dr. Joseph's patient for many years, he help me throughout those days when I was depressed, had sleeping problems and eating disorder. He is a very good, thoughtful person who listens and provided good psychiatric advice. I highly recommend Dr. Joseph, to family, friends and all who need help.
in Clearwater, FL |
Dr Joseph have been my doctor for 11 years he has been treating me for my ADD and depression for a long time and let me tell you he is in most professional and the most caring psychiatrist that I have ever been to..I am a psychologist myself and he has worked with me and all my challenges Having cancer extremely caring helpful he even wrote a letter of support when I went through my divorced and thanks to him that call my daughterfrom his office she went back to UF and got her MASTERS. THANKS
St. Cloud, FL |
Dr. Joseph is kind and compassionate. There is usually only a short wait and the staff is great.
in Orlando, FL |
I been seeing Dr Joseph for the last 10 years, it took a while to find the right medication for my condition, today I feel that thanks to Dr Joseph I have my illness over control .
in Orlando, FL |
Dr.Joseph is kind compassionate and his manner of dealiing with patients is excellent.His staff is also outstanding.I have seen him over the years and never had any problems!He is a top leader who is a Harvard graduate...He is also a prolific author and sports fan.Refer friends or family. This guy is a wonderful person!
in Winter Park, FL |
Diane- I've been seeing Dr. Joseph for many years. He is very professional, kind and brilliant. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a Psychiatrist.
in Orlando |
I've been going to Dr Joseph or over 10 years, I was having severe panic attacks and it was hard for me to function. I was crying and very emotional so it would be embarrassing for me to sit out in the waiting room, Dr. Joseph was very gentle and kind and invited me to sit in one of the back rooms until he could see me. Dr Joseph quality of practice is something that I totally respect and appreciate,his professionalism, sensitivity, and his dedication. Renee Hall
in Orlando, FL |
He's great. Very personable and genuine. Cares about your overall health equally as much as solving acute problems, i.e. he doesn't compromise your overall well being to alleviate discomfort. It seems some people who have left reviews are overly critical, and I almost didn't give him a chance as a result. I'm glad I went to him. Food for thought, if you are considering visiting him. Overall, I would recommend him to anyone. Hope this helps.
Atlanta, GA |
Excellent Doctor. After talking with him a short while he made a diagnosis which required medications. The medications he prescribed were spot on and began helping me right away. I am so happy I didn't have to try out a lot of different meds to see what worked best. Follow ups are needed every 3 months to renew meds. Sometimes there is a long wait, but it's worth the wait. Sometimes the office has had trouble with insurance, but they get it straightened out in time.
in Longwood, FL |
Dr. Joseph is an excellent doctor who treats his patients with care and politely. I feel much better than I ever have with his advice and treatment. Highly recommend him! The office staff is wonderful. Easy to make appointments and they're very respectful.
Have you seen Dr. Sonny Joseph, MD?
Are you Dr. Joseph?