Dr. Sonji Boyd, MD

Dr. Sonji Boyd, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Sonji Boyd, MD is a family medicine specialist in Cleveland, OH and has been practicing for 23 years. She graduated from Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med in 1992 and specializes in family medicine.Read her story

12100 Superior Ave

Cleveland, OH 44106

Learn about Dr. Boyd

Dr. Boyd's Experience

Dr. Boyd's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Boyd's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Boyd "I have always wanted to be a doctor! I attended Case Western Reserve University for undergraduate school and medical school. I had the privilege of training in the largest medical center in the world (in Houston, Texas). I was Chief Resident of my Family Practice and Community Medicine program. I am. a preacher's kid! I am a Christian. I believe doctors are God's hands. I pray for God's guidance each morning before seeing my patients. I regularly pray for my patients. I pray with my patients if requested. I do not discriminate: I have patients of all faiths. I routinely ask the religion of each patient, and provide culturally-sensitive medical care to all. I have a cousin who was bipolar, and committed suicide because she was so miserable. She used drugs to try to feel better. I do not believe that "drug addicts" are necessarily bad people. I treat "drug addicts" just like I treat all my other patients: with dignity and respect. Moreover, patients with mood problems also receive the same respect. Whether you're gay, a prostitute, homeless, a felon, transgender, 800 pounds, unable to read.....whatever or whoever you are, you will be treated with the utmost respect!"

This content was provided by Dr. Boyd "I believe poor mental and emotional health directly affect physical health. I spend a lot of time dealing with my patients' environmental influences (family dynamics, employment stressors, nutrition, religious preferences, exercise, etc).

I prescribe as few medications as possible.

I have some knowledge of natural alternatives to traditional medications for multiple conditions.

I do not believe in "fussing" at patients.

I do not shame overweight patients, and I don't blame everything on being overweight!

I have been trained to handle approximately 80% of my patient's conditions myself, and try not to routinely refer patients all over town to specialists. However, I will always send my patients to a specialist if they want to see one.

I follow The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and The United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) guidelines when deciding what test to check for each patient, to improve quality and quantity of life.

My patients are my family"

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Breast Exam
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Urinalysis
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • U Tx/Houston Dept Fam Prac
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • U Tx/Houston Dept Fam Prac
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Boyd has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Boyd does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boyd and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Boyd's Reviews