Dr. Sonji Boyd, MD

Family Medicine | Female

Dr. Sonji Boyd, MD
I have always wanted to be a doctor! I attended Case Western Reserve University for undergraduate school and medical school. I had the privilege of training in the largest medical center in the world (in Houston, Texas). I was Chief Resident of my Family Practice and Community Medicine program. I am. a preacher's kid! I am a Christian. I believe doctors are God's hands. I pray for God's guidance each morning before seeing my patients. I regularly pray for my patients. I pray with my patients if requested. I do not discriminate: I have patients of all faiths. I routinely ask the religion of each patient, and provide culturally-sensitive medical care to all. I have a cousin who was bipolar, and committed suicide because she was so miserable. She used drugs to try to feel better. I do not believe that "drug addicts" are necessarily bad people. I treat "drug addicts" just like I treat all my other patients: with dignity and respect. Moreover, patients with mood problems also receive the same respect. Whether you're gay, a prostitute, homeless, a felon, transgender, 800 pounds, unable to read.....whatever or whoever you are, you will be treated with the utmost respect!

Dr. Boyd's Care Philosophy

I believe poor mental and emotional health directly affect physical health. I spend a lot of time dealing with my patients' environmental influences (family dynamics, employment stressors, nutrition, religious preferences, exercise, etc). I prescribe as few medications as possible. I have some knowledge of natural alternatives to traditional medications for multiple conditions. I do not believe in "fussing" at patients. I do not shame overweight patients, and I don't blame everything on being overweight! I have been trained to handle approximately 80% of my patient's conditions myself, and try not to routinely refer patients all over town to specialists. However, I will always send my patients to a specialist if they want to see one. I follow The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and The United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) guidelines when deciding what test to check for each patient, to improve quality and quantity of life. My patients are my family

Dr. Boyd's Experience

See how Dr. Boyd's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Boyd

Dr. Boyd accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Boyd is now accepting new patients
NEON Superior Health Center12100 Superior Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106
(216) 851-2600Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Boyd has admitting privileges.

Dr. Boyd's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boyd to family and friends
based on 2 total reviews
Dr. Boyd's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Sonji Boyd, MD?
Are you Dr. Boyd?

Compare Dr. Boyd

Dr. Boyd says...

I have always wanted to be a doctor!

I was Chief Resident of my Family Practice and Community Medicine program.

I have a cousin who was bipolar, and committed suicide because she was so miserable. She used drugs to try to feel better. I do not believe that "drug addicts" are necessarily bad people. I treat "drug addicts" just like I treat all my other patients: with dignity and respect. Moreover, patients with mood problems also receive the same respect.

Dr. Boyd's Care Philosophy

I prescribe as few medications as possible.

I do not believe in "fussing" at patients.

My patients are my family

Dr. Boyd says...

I consider myself to be a Preventive Medicine Specialist. I do everything medically possible to keep you OUT of the hospital!

Dr. Boyd's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Boyd has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Boyd's Board Certifications

• Physical Signs
  • Pneumonia
  • Polyarthropathy
  • Post-Traumatic Arthritis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Thyroid Disease

CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIV SCH OF MED

Graduated in 1992

U TX/Houston Dept Fam Prac

Completed in 1993

U TX/Houston Dept Fam Prac

Completed in 1995

Dr. Boyd does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boyd and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage