Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Female · Age 42

Dr. Gupta

Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from Indira Gandhi Mc in 2000 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Gupta accepts

Dr. Gupta accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Gupta's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

I aim to take care of your Diabetes and Endocrine diseases by providing excellence through compassionate, individualized and responsible treatment plans.
We strive to empower you by educating about your disease process and helping make the right decisions in your daily life with regards to diet, activities, taking medicines and staying informed.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

3.5

Dr. Gupta?
Dr. Gupta's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD
My experience with her has been one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor. She has no regard for your time, and you are lucky if she is ONLY an Hour late for your appointment. Her office called and rescheduled my appointment less than 24 hours in advance. Thankfully I was able to change my schedule to accommodate her. She ended up coming in at my original appointment time.....almost 2 hours late....so there was absolutely no reason to reschedule in the first place. I was so upse
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Very helpful explained to my husband his treatment plan when he first got diagnosed with diabetes and took her time to answer our questions,her nurses are very nice and helpful as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is very thorough and explains the process in detailed way. She is very concerned about your health will recommend the best treatments available. Even though the wait times can be a bit long on certain days she is worth the wait. Highly recommend this Dr for all endocrinology and diabetes needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Long wait times 1-2 hours per appointment. Need to repeated call for refills and never returns calls within 24 hours as messages states.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
You will wait for 2-3 hours. She has no regard for your time. There have been some days we have waited 3 hours for her to finally come to our room. Save yourself the heartache. Trust me...don't visit this dr. We are already searching for a new one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is the best endocrinologist I have ever seen and that is really saying something since I have been searching for a good endocrinologist since the age of 12, I am 33 now. She takes the time to listen and solve issues unlike many doctors now days. She really cares about ME as a person and my overall well-being. She also goes into depth about all of my health issues and gets a great understanding of me not just my endocrine system. By doing this she is better able to understand my healt
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
I had had neuropathy in my feet for 18 months and asked 8 various doctors what would be causing it, who should of had knowledge. On my first visit, Dr Gupta looked at my lab results, asked me several defining questions, and tested the feeling in my feet. Then she explained to me that even though my A1C was very good, my fasting glucose was above normal and that my Pre-Diabetes was truly the cause of the neuropathy. Soon I was able to FEEL the difference not eating and eating simple carbs made
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Extremely knowledgeable and is willing to spend the time with her patients. She is caring enough to work through good diabetic management to give patients better solutions than other doctors I have been to. Time management is an issue at her clinic, but what stands out is that she is willing to work with each patient with a personal touch. Knowing this, I always ask for the first or last appointment of the day. She has helped me drop insulin levels as well as my weight. Kudos!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
the whole stall was great they got me in at record time
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta has been a wonderful and caring physician and has done a great job helping me manage and improve my health. She has made every visit a good learning experience and gives me the attention I need to continue progressing my health and manage my diabetes. She has been a life saver for me! I can't think her enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Today I had my first visit with Dr. Gupta. I felt compelled to write a review because like most I read reviews prior to going to my visit. The reviews make no justice to my experience with the doctor. First of all, from the time I signed in to the time I left it was about 1 hr 40 mins total. Dr. Gupta caring, professional, knowledgeable, with a sense of humor and great bedside manner. The staff is very proficient and kind. They squeezed me in same week I called. Highly recommend this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
I have dealt with Dr Gupta in April of 2017. She has been very thorough and understanding with my cancer issues. She has always been understanding to my medical needs knowing complicated health issues I dealt with over the past year. She handled my treatment in a fashion that showed understanding of my medical needs along with the helping me feel at ease with the treatment eliminating high stress levels. There is not enough positive words to describe her overall will to help others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
I've been a type 1 diabetic for about 10 years now, and I've never been to a better endocrinologist. Dr. Gupta is a rare mix of no-nonsense and kind, and her sincere investment in her patients is evident. She will take the time to make sure that you both agree on your management plan, which is incredibly important to me. Regarding wait times, my last three have all been very short despite others' reviews. I highly, highly recommend Dr. Gupta and her team to anyone serious about their health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
I chose Dr. Gupta because San Antonio seems to have a shortage of Endocrinologists, and she had the shortest wait time for an appointment (4 weeks). I read her poor reviews, but decided to try anyways because I needed to see a doctor. I waited 2.5 hours past my appointment time. When she did come in, she barely smiled, took a cursory glance through my labs, and gave me her recommendations in about 5 minutes. Terrible bedside manner. I recommend waiting a little longer to see a better Endo!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Dr Gupta took the time to help me go from prediabetic to clean health through letting know it's a lifestyle change and how important it was for me to be able to be there for my kids, family, friends and hopefully God willing grandkids in the near future. I might have too wait a little longer to get in than other doctors, but in a world like todays it is rare to find a doctor who takes the time to educate patients about lifestyle changes instead of throwing a script at them. Thank you Dr Gupta!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Gupta by my primary and am so thankful! As a new patient, Dr. Gupta takes time to listen to your concerns and provides a very comprehensive evaluation and works with you to determine an appropriate plan of care. I so appreciate her time, sincerity and medical expertise. Remote tele-visits can be done so you can meet 'face-to-face' without leaving your home. Thank you!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is an amazing doc. I can tend to be a bad patient, very headstrong and stubborn, but Dr. Gupta always explains everything to me very well and is patient with all of my questions. I work in a field related to medical and wellness and she impressed me with her knowledge . She can be stern, but I always know she has my best interests at heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is an awesome Endocrinologist. She took the time to go over results of labs and thoroughly explained her course of action in order to get my blood glucose levels under control. My diabetes had been seriously out of control and with her adjustments of medications it is now under control. She takes the time with her patients to go over her recommendations and is excellent at explanations. I trust her medical expertise and professional judgement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
Awful. I spent almost 2.5 hours here. Total waste of a day. I've had type 1 diabetes for 27 years. She took my PDM which controls my insulin pump and adjusted it so high that if I'd kept those settings, I'd probably be in a hypoglycemic coma by now. I've been chasing them for 2 weeks now, to send my insulin prescription to the pharmacy. They seem incapable of doing such a simple thing. I ran out of insulin for my pump a week ago. Had to borrow a friend's. Go anywhere else but here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?
On my first visit with Dr. Gupta, I waited an hour after my appointment time, my second visit was OVER 2 hours past my appointment time and when I said something to the staff I was faced with blank stares and excuses. On 8/25/17 I had a UTI and my ketone level was 3+ and I was told to contact Dr Gupta ASAP. I had to leave a message because no one answered... today is 10/9/17 and I still haven't gotten a response. Horrible experience, and I'm currently looking for a new doctor. No professionalism
Ms Canvacholo Thank you for your review. I...Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gupta?

Alamo Diabetes and Endocrinology

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gupta treats patients.