Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD

Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. She is 41 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Read her story

8042 Wurzbach Rd Ste 230

San Antonio, TX 78229

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Gupta

See how frequently Dr. Gupta performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Diabetic Retinopathy
Retina Diseases

Dr. Gupta's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Gupta's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gupta "Dr. Sonika Gupta is a board certified Endocrinologist and is very excited to announce the opening of her new practice in San Antonio. She received her medical degree in Shimla, India and completed Internal Medicine residency training at Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. She worked as a hospitalist in diverse hospital settings before moving onto fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. Dr. Gupta enjoys seeing patients in the hospital as well as her office and is able to offer continuity of care to her patients. She is the sole Endocrinologist at Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, the country's largest live donor kidney transplant program. She has extensive experience in providing Endocrine care to living and deceased donor kidney, liver and other solid organ transplant recipients. She is well-recognized by her patients for having a kind disposition and a warm bed-side manner which is most noticeable in the care she takes to explain every aspect of their disease and treatment. Dr. Gupta is an active member of American College of Clinical Endocrinologists, Texas Medical Association, American Thyroid Association and the Endocrine Society. She lives in San Antonio with her husband and two daughters and loves spending time with family and friends. She particularly enjoys volunteering for teaching Hindi to kindergartners and first graders."

This content was provided by Dr. Gupta "I aim to take care of your Diabetes and Endocrine diseases by providing excellence through compassionate, individualized and responsible treatment plans.

We strive to empower you by educating about your disease process and helping make the right decisions in your daily life with regards to diet, activities, taking medicines and staying informed."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Medical College Of Wisconsin
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center At San Antonio
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Gupta has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Gupta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gupta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gupta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gupta to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Gupta's Performance
    Over 45 minutes
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Gupta is an awesome Endocrinologist. She took the time to go over results of labs and thoroughly explained her course of action in order to get my blood glucose levels under control. My diabetes had been seriously out of control and with her adjustments of medications it is now under control. She takes the time with her patients to go over her recommendations and is excellent at explanations. I trust her medical expertise and professional judgement.
CIBOLO |
Awful. I spent almost 2.5 hours here. Total waste of a day. I've had type 1 diabetes for 27 years. She took my PDM which controls my insulin pump and adjusted it so high that if I'd kept those settings, I'd probably be in a hypoglycemic coma by now. I've been chasing them for 2 weeks now, to send my insulin prescription to the pharmacy. They seem incapable of doing such a simple thing. I ran out of insulin for my pump a week ago. Had to borrow a friend's. Go anywhere else but here.
in San Antonio, TX |
On my first visit with Dr. Gupta, I waited an hour after my appointment time, my second visit was OVER 2 hours past my appointment time and when I said something to the staff I was faced with blank stares and excuses. On 8/25/17 I had a UTI and my ketone level was 3+ and I was told to contact Dr Gupta ASAP. I had to leave a message because no one answered... today is 10/9/17 and I still haven't gotten a response. Horrible experience, and I'm currently looking for a new doctor. No professionalism
Ms Canvacholo Thank you for your review. I invite you to call our office and leave a message for me to call you back. Can you please advise who asked you to contact us ASAP. This review, in my humble opinion, is very unfair. We do not run a perfect practice but cannot be responsible for patients that have never been seen, have missed appts or have not been seen for months. Thank you again.
in San Antonio, TX |
Front desk got her degree from a candy machine. She failed to get auths prior to our visit. Waited an hour for her to finally tell us the Dr is out of network. And didn't apologize for wasting our time, just closed her little window.
I do apologize for this confusion if this indeed occurred. We do have someone full time to verify benefits now. Wishing you good health.
San Antonio, TX |
One of the worst doctors I've ever been to. Knows absolutley nothing and just wants to waste your time. Treats patients like cash registers.
Please call the office to identify yourself and have me call you back personally. I am not sure who you are what transpired. But I am willing to talk about it and have a chance to improve.
in San Antonio, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Gupta, she is very caring, compassionate, and explained what I needed to do to make the changes in my life better as a Diabetic Type II patient. I have gone to her several times and have made the personal decision that she will be the endocrinologist of my choice. Her office staff is excellent, friendly and very thorough. I am very happy with her as my doctor
Thank you Victorina.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Gupta is very friendly and knowledgeable. She explains things in such a way that her patients understand. I recommend her to all my friends and family.
Thank you Belinda.
Have you seen Dr. Sonika Gupta, MD?

Visit Dr. Gupta