Dr. Sonia Patel, MD

15 Reviews
Dr. Patel

Kaimuki Business Plaza

3615 Harding Ave Ste 510 Honolulu, HI 96816

Dr. Sonia Patel, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Honolulu, HI. She graduated from University Of Hawaii John a Burns School Of Medicine and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

At a glance

• Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Patel accepts

Dr. Patel accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
Medicaid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Hawaii

Check Dr. Patel's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Patel?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

Terms and conditions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

3.7

Dr. Patel?
Dr. Patel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sonia Patel, MD
I've been to therapy for several years before Dr. Patel without much improvement. Once I was referred to her however my mental state has improved dramatically and I'm now in a much better place with her guidance and teaching. I'm so thankful and definitely recommend seeing her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Patel, MD?
As a parent, I really want to stress how much I do not recommend seeing Dr. Patel. My son’s mental state significantly deteriorated as treatment with this doctor continued, and I hope that future parents looking into treatment will see this comment. I know that other people who have commented on this page have varying point of views, but this is just my own.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel seemed fairly competent at first, but as my child continued with treatment, that impression quickly faded. Please do not directly address my comment (as I’ve seen the ones written below), because everyone has their own experiences, and not all of them are positive. As much as I would like to leave a good review, I wouldn’t be telling the truth. We all want the best quality of care for our loved ones, so by being completely honest,I hope that other concerned parents will benefit from it
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Patel, MD?
(Not sure if I mentioned this in my first review, so i'm adding it now) Dr. Patel is a straight up kind of psychiatrist. She treated us with respect while also pointing out things that were difficult to hear for us as a family because she wanted to help us work through the difficult things to really help us. At first I thought it was only our kid with the problem, but I think I understand what Dr. Patel means by a the child not being in a vacuum. She is smart, caring, & gave us clear treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Patel, MD?
From the first session and on, she spends ample time with our son and us (parents). She gave us solid treatment direction, pros and cons of treatment, and was knowledgeable on evidence based treatments. We highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Patel, MD?
I would not recommend seeing her. She was unable to provide solid, structured treatment plans for my child, and only spoke with us rather than taking the steps to further their growth outside of the office. Dr. Patel is nice enough, but from our experience, she was very ineffective.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Patel, MD?
I'd taken my daughter to several Honolulu psychiatrists with fancy doctor websites in private practice & at Kaiser and they just pushed meds & didn't really talk or listen to her or me. When we found Dr. Patel, everything was different & so much better. Dr. Patel is kind, smart, & helped not only our daughter but also us, the family. Dr. Patel took the time to help my daughter learn how to express herself & build her self esteem without pushing meds. My daughter went from suicidal to confident!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Patel, MD?
Best psychiatrist ever. Saved our daughter's life. Whoever wrote the negative review below is mistaken and perhaps they did not like what Dr. Patel had to say or perhaps they did not want to take a look at themselves and their family ways. Dr. Patel is extremely professional and did NOT mix her personal life with treatment. Also, she does not run the support group (that is run by Kristen Lindsey-Dudley, RD, MPH). I highly recommend Dr. Patel. She's the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Patel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry