Dr. Sonia Parikh, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Savant Care 4966 El Camino Real Ste 224 Los Altos, CA 94022 Get Directions
Dr. Sonia Parikh, MD
Dr. Sonia Parikh, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Los Altos, CA. She is 34 years old and has been practicing for 7 years. Dr. Parikh is affiliated with El Camino Hospital- Mountain View Campus.

Dr. Parikh's Care Philosophy

I provide thoughtful care to people with a focus on understanding and healing the deep-rooted sources of psychiatric symptoms. I supplement my biologic conceptualization of mental illness with my deep understanding of psychoanalytic thought, which enables me to think holistically about the human experience and pathologies that may arise. I only recommend medications when medically necessary. I am very cognizant of side effects and so try to keep regimens simple when possible. I like to meet people where they are, and think together with them to tailor an individual treatment plan that fits their needs. I have expertise in treating the entire spectrum of mental illness through an integrative approach -- with medications, psychotherapy and alternative treatments as needed. I have had extensive training in psychoanalytic and psychodynamic therapy, substance use disorders, OCD, Anxiety, Psychosis, Bipolar and Depression. I am also licensed to prescribe Suboxone.

Dr. Parikh's Experience

See how Dr. Parikh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Parikh

Dr. Parikh accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Parikh is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Parikh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Parikh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parikh to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Parikh's Performance
san jose, ca |
I left an honest negative review about my experience with this Savant Care on Yelp. In retaliation, they hired a lawyer to send me a threatening letter to intimidate me into removing my "libelous posting". My lawyer said that my review is legal, and constitutionally protected. What kind of psychiatric practice would hire an attorney to threaten a former patient with baseless intimidation tactics? My opinion is that they are more concerned with growing their business than helping patients.
in Walnut Creek, CA |
Dr. Parikh is knowledgeable, professional, compassionate, &understanding. She was the first psychiatrist, maybe person ever, to make me feel like I could finally just be honest about everything in my life. That it was a safe place. I was able to get a late diagnosis of adult ADHD and turn around a very rough path that the symptoms had brought me down. I look forward to keep working with her, and if you or someone you love may be worried there's something not right, I would highly recommend her.
in California |
She is the best
in CA |
She is very knowledgeable and helpful
in California |
She is very helpful
Have you seen Dr. Sonia Parikh, MD?
Are you Dr. Parikh?

Compare Dr. Parikh

Dr. Parikh's Care Philosophy

Dr. Parikh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Parikh has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Parikh's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Stanford
    Stanford
    Weill Cornell Medical College

Graduated in 2006

Dr. Parikh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parikh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry