Dr. Sonia Parikh, MD

Dr. Sonia Parikh, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Sonia Parikh, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Los Altos, CA and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from Uc San Diego Sch Med in 2010 and specializes in psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and more.

4966 El Camino Real Ste 224

Los Altos, CA 94022

• Medicare

Learn about Dr. Parikh

See how frequently Dr. Parikh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anxiety
Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)

Dr. Parikh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Parikh "I provide thoughtful care to people with a focus on understanding and healing the deep-rooted sources of psychiatric symptoms. I supplement my biologic conceptualization of mental illness with my deep understanding of psychoanalytic thought, which enables me to think holistically about the human experience and pathologies that may arise. I only recommend medications when medically necessary. I am very cognizant of side effects and so try to keep regimens simple when possible. I like to meet people where they are, and think together with them to tailor an individual treatment plan that fits their needs.

I have expertise in treating the entire spectrum of mental illness through an integrative approach -- with medications, psychotherapy and alternative treatments as needed. I have had extensive training in psychoanalytic and psychodynamic therapy, substance use disorders, OCD, Anxiety, Psychosis, Bipolar and Depression. I am also licensed to prescribe Suboxone."

• Psychiatry

Accredited by: American Board of Physician Specialties*

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for California.

• Weill Cornell Medical College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • Uc San Diego Sch Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • Stanford
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Stanford

Dr. Parikh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parikh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parikh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Parikh's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parikh to family and friends

Dr. Parikh's Performance

I left an honest negative review about my experience with this Savant Care on Yelp. In retaliation, they hired a lawyer to send me a threatening letter to intimidate me into removing my "libelous posting". My lawyer said that my review is legal, and constitutionally protected. What kind of...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option7
Dr. Parikh is knowledgeable, professional, compassionate, &understanding. She was the first psychiatrist, maybe person ever, to make me feel like I could finally just be honest about everything in my life. That it was a safe place. I was able to get a late diagnosis of adult ADHD and turn around a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option1
She is the best
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option4
She is very knowledgeable and helpful
She is very helpful