Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 44

Dr. Juneja
Telehealth services available
5225 Pooks Hill Rd Ste 4a Bethesda, MD 20814

Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Bethesda, MD. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Juneja to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Juneja's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Juneja's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Juneja accepts

Dr. Juneja accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Juneja's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Juneja

2.9

Dr. Juneja?
  • Wait times (8)
  • Appointment scheduling (6)
  • Office environment (6)
  • Office environment (4)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (3)
  • Long wait times (2)
It's so difficult to find adolescent psychiatrists, but if you can avoid it do not come to Juneja. She is passive aggressive, biased, and makes things more difficult. You will not feel you can be honest with her and will feel judged for everything you say. She also wants her patients to stay on meds and tried to pressure me to take larger doses than I wanted. She is impossible to communicate with between appointments. I did not enjoy anything about her as a doctor, you would think someone working with mental health patients would be kind and open- she is close-minded and stubborn.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Juneja. She was negative, non-transparent, passive aggressive & provocative from the minute I sat down in her office. She blamed me for not wanting to work with me, then FINALLY admitted (which I appreciated) that she was not “experienced enough or equipped” to treat me (I’m 36 and I just found out from this profile that she is a child & adolescent psychiatrist. She didn’t reveal that over the phone & wouldn’t answer why she was inexperienced in person!!!)
Lea in MD – Dec 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
First, I felt that she was cold and distant, so when I decided to change doctors and contacted her for my son's records, she NEVER responded. I called her, texted her, and emailed her. She has no staff and does not give appointment reminders. We missed an appointment once and she called, asked if we are close by then said coldly we owe her $160 for the missed visit. I would expect a reminder of that's the policy. Bad bedside manner, rude, shouldnt be in the business of helping people
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
Dr. Juneja is an excellent Psychiatrist. It took me over a year to find her. I kept finding doctors who were only interested in how many patients they could see in an hour! Dr. Juneja is so compassionate and caring and spends time with you allowing you to realize just how important you are to her. I can’t recommend her enough!!!!!
Ross in Gaithersburg, Md – Jan 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
I had seen one psychiatrist before Dr. Juneja, and I felt he was extremely cold and uncaring of my situation - a very "here's your drugs and leave" feel to him. When I switched over to Dr. Juneja, she took time to listen to my story and understand the background I was coming from. She was extremely warm & inviting, and made me feel like she cared about my progress. I have definitely improved in my behavior and mentality thanks to Dr. Juneja!
Ryan in Rockville, MD – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
Dr. Juneja is a very warm, kind and accommodating physician. She spent 10 minutes on the phone to understand my son's problems and gave us an appointment within a week. She was very mindful of my sons trauma during the appointment, spent a lot of time with him and educated us on different medication options. Very happy to have found her, highly recommend her.
Sandra C. in Rockville, MD – Dec 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
I went to see her twice, and both times she didn't seem to care. Spent only 15 minutes of the initial 45+ minute visit, and she gave me prescription samples provided by a pharmaceutical she's affiliated with. The second time I went to see her, she coldly told me she was leaving the Dryden-Edwards practice and I can't make another appointment with her. She didn't even recommend another doctor. My overall impression was she doesn't care or enjoy her job. Her bedside manner is heavily lacking.
Gaithersburg, MD – Nov 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Juneja?

Dr  Juneja believes in educating her patients and helping them understand their diagnosis and treatment well. The goal is to help each patient find...Read more

Dr  Juneja completed psychiatry residency at West Virginia University School of Medicine followed by fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry