Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 43

Dr. Juneja
5225 Pooks Hill Rd Bethesda, MD 20814

Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Bethesda, MD and has been practicing for 10 years. She specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and adult psychiatry.

Dr. Juneja's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Juneja

2.9

Dr. Juneja?
Dr. Juneja's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Juneja. She was negative, non-transparent, passive aggressive & provocative from the minute I sat down in her office. She blamed me for not wanting to work with me, then FINALLY admitted (which I appreciated) that she was not “experienced enough or equipped” to treat me (I’m 36 and I just found out from this profile that she is a child & adolescent psychiatrist. She didn’t reveal that over the phone & wouldn’t answer why she was inexperienced in person!!!)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
First, I felt that she was cold and distant, so when I decided to change doctors and contacted her for my son's records, she NEVER responded. I called her, texted her, and emailed her. She has no staff and does not give appointment reminders. We missed an appointment once and she called, asked if we are close by then said coldly we owe her $160 for the missed visit. I would expect a reminder of that's the policy. Bad bedside manner, rude, shouldnt be in the business of helping people
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
Dr. Juneja is an excellent Psychiatrist. It took me over a year to find her. I kept finding doctors who were only interested in how many patients they could see in an hour! Dr. Juneja is so compassionate and caring and spends time with you allowing you to realize just how important you are to her. I can’t recommend her enough!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
I had seen one psychiatrist before Dr. Juneja, and I felt he was extremely cold and uncaring of my situation - a very "here's your drugs and leave" feel to him. When I switched over to Dr. Juneja, she took time to listen to my story and understand the background I was coming from. She was extremely warm & inviting, and made me feel like she cared about my progress. I have definitely improved in my behavior and mentality thanks to Dr. Juneja!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
Dr. Juneja is a very warm, kind and accommodating physician. She spent 10 minutes on the phone to understand my son's problems and gave us an appointment within a week. She was very mindful of my sons trauma during the appointment, spent a lot of time with him and educated us on different medication options. Very happy to have found her, highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
I went to see her twice, and both times she didn't seem to care. Spent only 15 minutes of the initial 45+ minute visit, and she gave me prescription samples provided by a pharmaceutical she's affiliated with. The second time I went to see her, she coldly told me she was leaving the Dryden-Edwards practice and I can't make another appointment with her. She didn't even recommend another doctor. My overall impression was she doesn't care or enjoy her job. Her bedside manner is heavily lacking.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Juneja?

Dr  Juneja believes in educating her patients and helping them understand their diagnosis and treatment well. The goal is to help each patient find positive growth from adversity, build resilience and develop adaptive and problem solving skills....

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry

2010
West Virginia University
2008
West Virginia University

• Hindi

Dr. Juneja accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Juneja's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Juneja's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation