Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 45

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Bethesda, MD. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Juneja's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Juneja's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Juneja accepts

Dr. Juneja accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Juneja's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Juneja

2.6

Dr. Juneja

Finding a psychiatrist is hard...
For that reason, we I held on much longer than we should have, even to the point where we paid out of pocket for meds instead of going to our pediatrician's recommended psych who took our insurance. Dr J knew my kid. I thought that was worth something, although I don't disagree with the reviews here. She is judgmental and disorganized. I can be as well, so I took the flaws with a grain of salt. But she dropped my kid in five seconds when we ceased being profitable. After four years, and an irregular schedule for a few months caused by our financial situation (which I had explained and she had obviously forgotten, as she tried to blame me for missing appointments). Graciously, she offered one last appointment. We declined. She expressed concern about my kid, (in front of them) and her way of handling that concern was to stop giving treatment. "What's wrong with me that she doesn't want to see us?" My kid asked. Nothing, I said. Something's wrong with her.
Former patient – Jun 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
Unresponsive and rude. Her website does not even have a working number. I am really glad I did not end up having a real appointment with her. She seemed angry at me that I was late to my appointment when she never sent the email with the link OR the documents that she legally is required to have prior to our appointment. I had followed up on the documents multiple times with no response. I wish I had checked the reviews prior to making an appointment and wasting my time. For a doctor that specializes in ADHD she has no organization and should have followed up about the missing documents prior to the appointment. I dodged a bullet for sure.
Dec 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
She was cold and aggressive. She lectured me and made me feel bad about myself. She told me to "just stop" my eating disorder behaviors. No one would have an eating disorder if it was that simple.
May 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
It's so difficult to find adolescent psychiatrists, but if you can avoid it do not come to Juneja. She is passive aggressive, biased, and makes things more difficult. You will not feel you can be honest with her and will feel judged for everything you say. She also wants her patients to stay on meds and tried to pressure me to take larger doses than I wanted. She is impossible to communicate with between appointments. I did not enjoy anything about her as a doctor, you would think someone working with mental health patients would be kind and open- she is close-minded and stubborn.
Mar 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Juneja. She was negative, non-transparent, passive aggressive & provocative from the minute I sat down in her office. She blamed me for not wanting to work with me, then FINALLY admitted (which I appreciated) that she was not “experienced enough or equipped” to treat me (I’m 36 and I just found out from this profile that she is a child & adolescent psychiatrist. She didn’t reveal that over the phone & wouldn’t answer why she was inexperienced in person!!!)
Lea in MD – Dec 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
First, I felt that she was cold and distant, so when I decided to change doctors and contacted her for my son's records, she NEVER responded. I called her, texted her, and emailed her. She has no staff and does not give appointment reminders. We missed an appointment once and she called, asked if we are close by then said coldly we owe her $160 for the missed visit. I would expect a reminder of that's the policy. Bad bedside manner, rude, shouldnt be in the business of helping people
Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
Dr. Juneja is an excellent Psychiatrist. It took me over a year to find her. I kept finding doctors who were only interested in how many patients they could see in an hour! Dr. Juneja is so compassionate and caring and spends time with you allowing you to realize just how important you are to her. I can’t recommend her enough!!!!!
Ross in Gaithersburg, Md – Jan 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
I had seen one psychiatrist before Dr. Juneja, and I felt he was extremely cold and uncaring of my situation - a very "here's your drugs and leave" feel to him. When I switched over to Dr. Juneja, she took time to listen to my story and understand the background I was coming from. She was extremely warm & inviting, and made me feel like she cared about my progress. I have definitely improved in my behavior and mentality thanks to Dr. Juneja!
Ryan in Rockville, MD – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
Dr. Juneja is a very warm, kind and accommodating physician. She spent 10 minutes on the phone to understand my son's problems and gave us an appointment within a week. She was very mindful of my sons trauma during the appointment, spent a lot of time with him and educated us on different medication options. Very happy to have found her, highly recommend her.
Sandra C. in Rockville, MD – Dec 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?
I went to see her twice, and both times she didn't seem to care. Spent only 15 minutes of the initial 45+ minute visit, and she gave me prescription samples provided by a pharmaceutical she's affiliated with. The second time I went to see her, she coldly told me she was leaving the Dryden-Edwards practice and I can't make another appointment with her. She didn't even recommend another doctor. My overall impression was she doesn't care or enjoy her job. Her bedside manner is heavily lacking.
Gaithersburg, MD – Nov 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sonia Juneja, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Juneja?