Dr. Sonia Gibson, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Dr. Sonia Gibson, MD
Dr. Sonia Gibson, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Boca Raton, FL. She is 36 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Gibson is affiliated with West Boca Medical Center.

Dr. Gibson's Care Philosophy

At Tenet Florida Physician Services, we have a commitment to care promise. This commitment extends to the communities we serve, the patients we heal, and the employees that make up our extraordinary team. Our values and mission are the cornerstones to that promise. We are committed to care. We are committed to you.

Dr. Gibson's Experience

See how Dr. Gibson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gibson

Dr. Gibson accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Gibson is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gibson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gibson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gibson to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Gibson's Performance
    GOOD
Jacksonville, FL |
Office staff is a joke! You get nowhere when calling. All you hear is a song and then you get disconnected. They also set me up with an email system which nobody ever replies to.
in Boynton beach, Fl |
i have been at Dr. Sonia Gibson office before and I loved the staff and Dr. Gibson for her professionalism. However...... It saddens me to report, I have been calling for the last 2 weeks straight to schedule an appointment and I can not get through to anyone in the office! I hate to search for another doctor especially since this office was so inviting, but how does anyone conduct business without returning a simple call. ( please note , I am not calling during non office hours)
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr Gibson is thorough and professional. She actually reads everything in the reports and that makes a difference. She noticed 1 page of a pathology report was missing and a discrepancy between the surgeons description and caught the missing information. I hope that Pathology makes the decision not a Surgeon thinking its a typo. She is proactive.
in Delray Beach |
Been a patient of hers for a few years, I am now going to stop seeing her. It is impossible to even get someone there to answer the phone! Not worth the hassle. Go somewhere else.
in Boca Raton |
If you want to be neglected and ignored and possibly let a serious illness go undetected for lack of the proper care then go to this doctor. She does not care about her patients you are just a number.
in Coral Springs, Florida |
This is an exceptional office; the staff and Doctor are friendly and caring; the Doctor is extremely knowledgeable, spends time to explaining when needed and is interested in you as a person/patient. Great experience and I highly recommend this practice.
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
I really enjoyed working w Dr Gibson. However, her assistant, the MA, is rude, sloppy (often chewing gum), ignorant, uninformed, unorganized and lacks any empathy/compassion. I had pap cancer, stage 3 & had my thyroid removed. Every yr I need 2 shots & a scan. I missed my appt & the MA never called me back on the 5+ voicemails I left. I went there just to speak w her &she told the secretary she'd call me. I still have my meds for my 2 shots bc I haven't had my scan. I'm in remission, it's scary!
in Boca Raton, FL |
IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN GET AN APPT!! HER STAFF AND PHONE SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!! She is a good doctor but customer service is zero!! Hours spent on the phone trying to get them to even answer!! Can't imagine if you have an emergency!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
It is a pleasure to be cared for by such a caring and excellent doctor as Dr. Gibson is. She is very thorough and an excellent listener. She is correcting my Thyroid and is having me get a bone density test. I am thrilled to be under such very competent care.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Gibson is extremely knowledgeable, not only in her own discipline of endocrinology but also other areas of general health. She is professional, courteous, patient, and takes the time to really evaluate and explain issues with her patients. As a medicaid patient, I feel like I have struck gold with her. She has helped me to make significant improvements to my diabetes and is helping me in other areas that my other specialists are failing to help me with. I highly recommend her.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
I have been trying to make an appointment with this doctor for the last 2 weeks. I called the office everyday, no answer. I left message and nobody for courtesy do not call me back. Not very professional.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Originally she was very nice and understanding that I am a brittle diabetic and have seen a previous endocrinologist . Furthermore, I'm on medicaid due to my disability and get food stamps and on a very limited income, so I have to budget my money . I used to live in an alf,, which served the least expensive and least healthy foods. We would get rice or some form of pasta as a meal, which is pure carbs. When I told her I didn't know what to eat,she told me I should go back there .
Have you seen Dr. Sonia Gibson, MD?
Are you Dr. Gibson?

Compare Dr. Gibson

Dr. Gibson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gibson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Gibson has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gibson's Board Certifications

Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Mi-Internal Medicine

Completed in 2004

Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Mi-Internal Medicine

Completed in 2011

Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Mi-Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism

Completed in 2011

Dr. Gibson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gibson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Gibson does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Gibson and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.