Dr. Sonia Bains, MD

Dr. Sonia Bains, MD

Allergy & Immunology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Sonia Bains, MD is an allergy & immunology specialist in Raleigh, NC. She specializes in allergy & immunology and internal medicine.Read her story

10880 Durant Rd Ste 200

Raleigh, NC 27614

Learn about Dr. Bains

See how frequently Dr. Bains performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hives
Allergy Skin Testing
Allergy Testing

Dr. Bains's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bains' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bains "I have been practicing as an Allergist/Immunologist for several years now. After completing fellowship I spent five years at the Medical University of South Carolina, SC where I was involved in patient care and research, and after that I joined a private practice group in Rocky Mount, NC. Since my husband got transferred to the VA hospital in Raleigh we decided to move here. Whether in academic medicine or private practice the part which is most fun to me is making an accurate diagnosis! Once the diagnosis is made, my intention is to form a partnership with my patients based upon clear communication, honesty and trust so that together we can come up with a treatment plan and develop goals which suit their lifestyle, and optimize their health.I feel very fortunate to be practicing at a time when personalized medicine is becoming a reality. We are now able to offer treatments that specifically target the underlying pathway which is producing a patients' symptoms. Whenever possible I utilize these cutting edge therapies which often have a better side effect profile. The aspects of my day to day work that bring me the most joy are simple - it is when patients get better so that they are not limited by their illness. I also value the importance of educating patients so that they can acquire the essential self-management skills to take care of themselves or their loved ones at home. Some of my interests outside of medicine: baking, reading, going to the gym, following nutrition and fitness blogs, and organizing my kids' birthday parties!"

• Allergy & Immunology

• Allergy & Immunology
    Accredited by: American Board of Allergy & Immunology*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Education data for Dr. Bains is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Bains has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bains does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bains and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bains' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bains to family and friends
3 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Bains' Performance

Dr Bains helped myself and my 4 year old son address our allergies. She was very patient with us and we are encouraged after our visit. Highly recommended.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Bains?