Dr. Son Nguyen, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Jefferson Medical Clinic 435 Lapalco Blvd Ste 1 Gretna, LA 70056 Get Directions
Dr. Son Nguyen, MD
Dr. Son Nguyen, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Gretna, LA. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Nguyen is affiliated with West Jefferson Medical Center, Ochsner Medical Center- West Bank Campus and Ochsner Medical Center.

Dr. Nguyen's Care Philosophy

Complete care for patients

Dr. Nguyen's Experience

See how Dr. Nguyen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nguyen

Dr. Nguyen accepts 32 insurance carriers

Dr. Nguyen is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Nguyen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Nguyen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nguyen to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Nguyen's Performance
Jacksonville, FL |
This Dr. refused to see me because I have chronic back pain. He also didn't like that I was upset because his office was charging me the wrong amount. I even pulled up proof from my insurance's website that they were charging me wrong and they didn't care. I was very respectful and just wanted to get charged the right amount, but they wouldn't budge. I got a bad feeling when I went there for the first time and should have stuck with my gut. Definitely won't be back.
in Gretna, LA |
My name is Christina and I was seen by Dr.Son Nguyen and I was told I am a problem because I have way too many medical problems and he also asked if I see a specialist for all of my problems and I do cause their the ones who diagnosed me , I mean come on your a doctor you should know these things , he was very rude , would not recommend him to anyone ,I was so hurt when he told me that, I just broke down crying , I have a lot to deal with and I'm only 28 years old.
Metairie, LA |
Doctor Son is caring and helping me continuing with my work. I appreciate his sincerity. Ned Graci
in Gretna, LA |
I was told by other specialists this so called doctor sent me to without even trying to hear my health concerns to find a better Primary care physician. He will schedule you to come in at a certain time and will see walk ins before he calls you back then it's more waiting and then will not pay attention to your health concerns even as serious as breast cancer. I was told several times I was too young to worry about breast cancer after my mother had been diagnosed and treated and I'm in my 30's.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Nguyen is a good doctor. However, there's a very uncompassionate FRONT staff. I would not recommend anyone to his office. When I spoke to Dr Nguyen about his staff, he did nothing about the situation. He is no longer my DOCTOR !
in Gretna, LA |
Dr. Nguyen is very caring and makes me feel like his patients are his priority. When he walks in to the room all of his attention is focused on his patient and how they feel. He takes the time to hear what you have to say without interruption. He discusses a treatment plan and makes sure if you have any questions or concerns he addresses them so that you are comfortable and confident that your happiness and health are his goal. The office staff are very friendly....
in Gretna, LA |
The office staff are friendly and efficient. The wait time is satisfactory. The exam rooms are small, but very clean. Dr. Nguyen focuses on wellness year-round rather than just treating one sickness at a time. They offer flu shots, do blood work on site, and are just next door to a pharmacy. If you want to get better and be well, this is the best place to start.
Have you seen Dr. Son Nguyen, MD?
Are you Dr. Nguyen?

Compare Dr. Nguyen

Dr. Nguyen's Care Philosophy

Complete care for patients

Dr. Nguyen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Nguyen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nguyen's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Addiction
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression

Completed in 2012

Rutgers University

Graduated in 1992

• Vietnamese

Dr. Nguyen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nguyen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Preventive Medicine