Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Boonpongmanee

Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Kennewick, WA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Siriraj Hospital Faculty Of Medicine, Mahidol University in 1991 and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Boonpongmanee accepts

Dr. Boonpongmanee accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
First Choice Health
First Choice Health PPO
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Coop Core
Health Net
HealthSmart
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Signature
Providence Health Plans
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Uniform Medical Plan Classic

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Boonpongmanee's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

4.0

Dr. Boonpongmanee?
Dr. Boonpongmanee's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD
Dr. Boon worked with me to get my Crohn’s under control by adjusting medications. I went from bleeding gut and painful joints to a normal life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Dr. Boon diagnosed a condition that was missed by several other doctors. The problem caused constant frequent bathroom visits which in turn affected work and sleep. The doctor found the cause and wrote a scrip that immediately cleared up the symptoms. He has also performed three procedures that removed my 40 year old hemorrhoid problems. The procedure was less than a minute and totally painless. I heartily recommend Dr. Boon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Dr. Boon and his staff were very professional. Excellent post procedure explanations by Dr. Boon. His facility is highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
My colonoscopy was completed efficiently and on time. Dr. Boon clearly explained risks prior to the procedure, and clearly explained findings. I thought the staff was efficient, caring and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
My husband and I have had appointments with both Dr Boon and the nurse practitioner as well as procedures at this facility. We are very please with our care and follow up. Dr Boon explains things very thoroughly and spends time answering questions we had. I know some are concerned about understanding a doctor but we found no problem with that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Dr. Boon was great! The staff made me feel like I was in good hands and eased all my worries. I highly recommend this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
I would happily recommend this caring doctor to all my family and friends! It is rare that a doctor calls the patient himself---Dr Boon does just that. When I am ill his staff get me in right away--no small task with so many patients! The office staff are genuinely friendly; I appreciate the level of professionalism and care his nurses provide. These---and many other wonderful attributes--keeps me coming back as a patient...many years now...to see the best gastro in TriCities!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Boone. Not only is he a great Dr. Dr. Boone is easy to talk too and takes the time to listen to your medical concerns and needs. I really appreciate him taking the time off his busy schedule for follow up calls with his patients, during and after hours. The office staff is also very kind and professional. Thank you Dr. Boone and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Had a procedure done and he, and his office staff were the utmost professionals. took the time to talk to me and give me options. Great Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Please if you care about yourself and your health go to someone else. There are so many reasons why (too many to write here). He has completely dismissed me because he has no clue how to treat me at this point. Not responding to messages. Started an endoscopy procedure before I was completely under leaving me gagging and not able to breath. Did not take accountability for this or any of the many "mistakes" he has made.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. Wife rushed through like a head of cattle. Perforated colon during routine colonoscopy.Staff sent her home 1.5 hours away. Had to return for emergency surgery. He joked about it. Months later still in pain. It ruined our lives, literally. Over $65,000 in bills he doesn't care about. Staff is horrible, won't return calls. No other doctors will see her because it's a liablility. Hernia she was told to just push back in. Can't do normal activities. He only cares about money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
I had a routine colonoscopy on Friday, July 13. My bowel was perforated resulting in emergency surgery. Dr. Boon made jokes about it being Friday the 13th and he made me make the life or death decision of flying to Spokane or staying in Kennewick for surgery at a time when I was in tremendous pain (it should have just been done without delay). 5.5 months later, I'm still in pain with a hernia that I was told to just push back in when it pops out and horrific bowel problems. Office won't contact.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
This man is mean and extremely rude. I was desperate for help after so many Dr.s and when he came in the room he looked at me and immediately told me I was too fat and that was the only problem with my gut. He sat a long way from me like I was a leper and proceeded ta speak with a tone of irritation and complete annoyance and basically sent me home after being in the room less than 10 minutes. I felt emotionally dismissed and humiliated. It was a painful experience to say the least. Stay away!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Thank you Dr. Boone for your excellent service and quick response feedback. Will stay in touch as needed. Ray F. Giddings
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
I have had several colonoscopies and a hemorrhoid treatment within the last 10 years performed by Dr. Boon. He has consistently performed beyond my expectations. He found a nodule on my prostate which ended up being cancerous. His early detection of the nodule allowed me to take care of it before it got too bad. He has also found and removed polyps throughout the other colonoscopies and in general has kept close tabs on my colon. He is a very gentle man and very competent. His staff is A1 also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
I would not recommend having a Colonoscopy with Dr. Boon. He is very nice but it was a terrible experience. They just wanted to get me out the door as fast as they could after my procedure. They could have cared less about me! I had severe nausea after the procedure and they did nothing for me. We called the office several times after I arrived at home to try and get something for the nausea and a nurse never called me back! I ended up having to go to the ER for severe dehydration.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Likelihood of recommending? NONE. Staff is most unfriendly and unhelpful. Dr. Boon is a good doctor however don't have any emergencies because he will not see you. After you become a patient for a 'routine' colonoscopy he's through with you. He may work you in two months later if you're lucky. Would not recommend him for these reasons. Find another gastroenterologist who will treat you as you should be treated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Worst doctor I have ever experienced. Do not believe the reviews that say he is compassionate.-spends timeYou never get to talk to Dr Boon. First consultation is with his PA, (who has zero personality), you will meet dr Boon just before procedure when you sign the authorization form. But if you have questions at that time - forget it. He does not take any time. You do not get to speak with him after your procedure - the receptionist called me with results - she could not answer my question
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Everyone in this office was friendly, kind, and determined to make me comfortable. Shelby, the nurse allowed my husband to come into the room while she put in the IV. She was so good and fast. And Kim, who administered the medication, was also great. Dr. Boon explained the results of the procedure to both me and my husband after it was over. I would recommend this office to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Somprak Boonpongmanee, MD?
Having a colonoscopy can't be a "fun" experience, but the staff and Dr. Boone made having one much less of a chore. Their friendliness and professionalism was unsurpassed. I would highly recommend their facility
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Boonpongmanee?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Boonpongmanee treats patients.