Dr. Sommer Gunia, DO

Dr. Sommer Gunia, DO

Breast Surgery  |
Dr. Sommer Gunia, DO is a breast surgery doctor who practices in Scottsdale, AZ. She is 40 years old and has been practicing for 10 years.

9965 N 95th St Ste 105

Scottsdale, AZ 85258

• Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Mercy Care
  • Phoenix Health Plan
  • SCAN Health Plan
  • United Healthcare Community Plan

Learn about Dr. Gunia

Dr. Gunia's Experience

Dr. Gunia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Breast Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Gunia "One of my most important goals is to provide my patients with choices. When it comes to decision making involving their treatment, I want them to know they are in the driver's seat and I am there to present them with the most up-to-date information."

• Breast Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Fibrocystic Breast Disease
  • Nipple Conditions

• Biopsy of Breast

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Arizona State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • Kc Unvi Of Medicine and Biosciences
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • College Of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Akron General Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Gunia has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gunia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gunia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gunia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gunia to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Gunia's Performance
in Queen Creek, AZ |
She made me feel like she cared every time I had to see her, in the office or hospital. She explained everything that was going to happen. Always concerned for you. Great bedside manner.
Phoenix, AZ |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr Gunia. She is very caring and gives very clear information regarding her diagnosis and treatment plan. Surgery went off without a hitch thanks to her capabilities and excellent staff.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Gunia is an amazing, compassionate doctor. She squeezed me in for a new cancer diagnosis within 24 hours of me calling. She spent so much time with me describing everything about my breast cancer. She ordered imaging and called me about the results the day of the test! Surgery went perfectly and she was there throughout my recovery every step of the way. She's the best breast surgeon in the state! I would recommend her to anyone I know!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Gunia is a caring, compassionate, and amazing surgeon. I highly recommend her!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Gunia is altogether incompetent and arrogant. When i paid my hard-earned money to see her I felt humiliated by her. There was a lump in my breast causing it to swell to twice the normal size. I was sobbing in her office from the pain. She had no emotion. Told me to go home, get over it, and take vitamin E. I went to get a second opinion from a competent physician who immediately diagnosed a 7×5 cm tumor in my breast. Had I have listened to Dr. Gunia, this tumor would have grown indefinitely.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Gunia is an amazing doctor. She took lots of time to explain to me and my family about my recently diagnosed breast cancer. She presented me with choices and put me at ease so I could feel comfortable. I was extremely anxious and scared until I met with her. I felt that the choice I made was the best one and that she knows so much about the latest treatments. I would highly recommend Dr. Gunia.
in Lake Havasu City, AZ |
She is confident in her demeanor. Likeable in her manners. Professional in her work. Just a great lady with great surgical results. I am 100% happy.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Gunia is a very skilled and meticulous surgeon who also excels with a compassionate bed side manner. She takes her time in explaining options, the technical details of surgery and is very patient in answering all my questions. I felt very confident that my surgery would be a success with her. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy so she worked with my plastic surgeon, Dr. M. Walsh to make the best decisions for me in the operating room. I was very happy with the outcome!
Maricopa, AZ |
My spouse was diagnosed wth Inflamatory Breast Cancer. Working with our Oncologist, Dr Curly, they created a treatment plan that was aggressive mixed with compassion and caring. It worked! Second Pet scan results were clear and we went to surgery for double simple mastectomies. As a surgeon we would classify Dr. Gunia as a Rembrandt. On the mend now and eternally greatful for finding this incredible Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Sommer Gunia, DO?
Are you Dr. Gunia?

Visit Dr. Gunia

Dr. Gunia accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Mercy Care