Dr. Sohrab Afshari, MD

General Surgery | Male

Dr. Sohrab Afshari, MD

Dr. Sohrab Afshari, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Jacksonville, FL. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Dr. Afshari is affiliated with Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Afshari's Care Philosophy

Dr. Afshari has 30 years of surgical experience in abdominal, endocrine and cancer surgery. Combined with the leading edge knowledge of surgical educator at University of Florida and a heart-felt compassionate and caring attitude, Dr. Afshari delivers the best outcomes.

Dr. Afshari's Experience

See how Dr. Afshari's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Afshari

Dr. Afshari accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Afshari is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Afshari has admitting privileges.

Dr. Afshari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Afshari to family and friends
    Dr. Afshari's Performance
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    This is the most compassionate surgeon ever. I first went to Dr. Afshari 28 years ago and would not be alive if it wasn't for him and would recommend him to anyone having surgery. The first time I met Dr. Afshari he made me so at ease, listened and explained everything so that I would understand. The office staff he has is amazing. I am very blessed to have him as my Doctor.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    I would highly recommend Dr Afshari. Once discussing my surgery, i felt comfortable and following the surgery I was pleased with minimal pain and discomfort. Excellent doctor.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Dr. Afshari recently performed the robotic Da Vinci Surgery to remove my Gallbladder. I am very satisfied with the outcome and I trusted Dr. Afshari from day one. He initially took the wait and see approach before making the final decision to remove my gallbladder. That approach made me trust him even more. Dr. Afshari was very professional, compassionate and made me feel very comfortable through the whole process. His staff was friendly and professional and I would Highly recommend Dr. Afshari.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    On May 03, 2017 Dr. Afshari performed surgery on a hernia on my side. This is the 3rd surgery I have under gone with Dr. Afshari as the surgeon. Both he and his staff makes you feel as if you are their only patient. They take wonderful care in re-gaurds to making you feel comfortable and informed in all medical decisions being made. Wonderful bed side manners all the way around and keep up to date with you ensuring comfortable healing during post operation.
    in St Augustine |
    Dr Afshari is a very straight forward, caring, and easy to talk to doctor who is honest with your diagnosis. He is a very good surgeon who takes great effort to keep you informed about your progress. He performed surgery on a rare skin cancer, Merkel Cell, and removed all with the surgery. He and his staff are fantastic and are there for you. Thanks
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Dr. Afshari is an EXCELLENT doctor, very caring, professional and great surgeon. I would send anyone in my family or friends to him.
    Jacksonville, FL |
    I met Dr. Afshari, a couple years back when he did my surgery. I would say I wouldn't trust anyone else with procedures other than him he knows exactly what he is doing, and how to make you feel comfortable. He has a great staff behind him as well. I would HIGHLY recommended him!!
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Great surgeon and wonderful staff.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    The front office staff are always smiling and friendly. Dr. Afshari could not be more compassionate and caring of his patients. He listens to your concerns and treats you with respect.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Dr. Afshari has operated on me 2 times, once years ago for a hernia that never came back. And once recently. He has a friendly staff and the doctor himself is very personable, he made me feel at ease and I would recommend him to anyone including my family.
    in jacksonville, fl |
    We love DR. Afshari, he is so kind and caring will always recommend him
    in Jacksonville, Fl |
    I love the atmosphere in the office (With the doctor and the staff). Everyone was sweet and friendly. The wait time was excellent. This has been the only doctor's office I have been taken to the back both times I was there in less than 5 minutes. Not only that, This is the only office that the doctor came in the room within 5 minutes or less after being called back into the room. EXCELLENT
    in Palm Coast, FL |
    I traveled an hour away from Palm Coast, FL to Jacksonville, so that Dr. Afshari could perform my surgery, and it was worth it. Great surgeon. I'm not looking forward to having another surgery, but if need be, I'll go back to Dr. Afshari.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    I went for a simple site robotic surgery, but, got complicated due to a focal mucosal necrosis, thanks God my surgeon was Dr. Afshari, he is very knowledge and has about 37 years experience. When you talked to him, you can see he loves his profession. He is kind, he treats you with respect and takes the extra step to explain everything to you. Thanks Dr. Ahshari and your staff for everything.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    I would highly recommend this surgeon. He took the time to explain the procedure to me and did a fine job with the surgery and follow up. He is a credit to the medical care field.
    in Orange Park, FL |
    Dr. Afshari knew right away of my condition. After a few routine tests it was confirmed that my thyroid was bad. Dr. Afshari took care of it quickly and now because of him I feel 100% better. He absolutely cares about each patient and it shows . I would gladly recommend Dr. Afshari 100% . The care and treatment I received by Dr. Afshari and his staff was top notch .
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    I absolutely love him to death he is so sweet and caring and take this time to explain everything he is amazing!! ?????
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Dr. Afshari performed my surgery and got me back on my feet with a minimal disruption to my usual routine.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Outstanding Doctor and Staff, from my first appointment to post ops. Dr Afshari is very warm and knows how to make you feel very at ease at an uneasy time. While performing my 'routine' hernia surgery he encountered a problem from a previous surgery (different doctor, different type surgery) and took care of it while he was there. Thank you so much for everything Dr Afshari and your wonderful staff, I'll be sure to recommend you to anyone in need of a surgeon.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Dr. Afshari came highly recommended by my doctor's office. He removed my gallbladder about 3 weeks ago by single site robotic surgery through my belly button. He guided me through the entire process professionally and made me feel safe and comfortable. I have no scar and he was actually able to fix a small hernia in my belly button I developed during a previous pregnancy. I am so happy with my results and I will be seeing Dr. Afshari for any future surgeries.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    I think Dr. Afshari is the greatest Doctor I ever had. He is kind and tells you just how it is. Does not sugarcoat it. His staff is the best in the world. I would recommend him to anyone. Suzanne Blanton
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    I was rather surprised that a physician who is in such high demand still maintained high levels of respect by being patient, kind, thorough, and extremely considerate. I went in to have an umbilical hernia repair and Dr Afshari made every moment comfortable for me. His staff was also very accommodating and their levels of sincerity and professionalism left a lasting impression. I sincerely thank them for taking such great care of me. Dawn
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    I was diagnosed about eight months ago with a type of breast cancer, that didn't show up on the normal tests. Dr. Afshari's persuaded me to have a biopsy. It is an understatement to say I was shocked when the biopsy came back stage three lobular carcinoma. Because of Dr. A's surgery I was deemed cancer free. I still went through chemo & am starting radiation shortly just to make sure nothing is hiding anywhere. I am so grateful for Dr. A, his expertise & dedication. God truly blessed me.
    in Jacksonville, Florida |
    When I got diagnosed with thyroid cancer my physician recommended me to Dr. Afshari. He is an excellent Doctor and a great person. He spends time explaining everything to you. Very personable. I recommend him to all of my friends. He also has the best staff that I have met.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Diagnosed with breast cancer. I met with doctor and he suggested mastectomy. I had a implant. What he suggested was skin sparing mastectomy. He removed the tumors,nipple,areola and fat. Saved the implant and used existing skin to cover the implant. He did a totally fantastic job. Surgery performed on 13June, 2016
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Once again, my experience with Dr. Sohrab Afshari has gone beyond my belief. Many years ago I was in a serious accident and to my great fortune Dr. Afshari was the doctor on call in the Trauma Unit. I believe without question that I own my life to God and Dr. Afshari. Since that time (over 20 years) if I or any member of my family needed surgery, we went to Dr. Afshari. Recently I had a friend that needed surgery. I recommended Dr. Afshari and offered to go with him. We were astounded that
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Very professional and accurate at his procedures
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    I highly recommend Dr.Afshari, he is very cordial, through, and takes the time needed to explain the procedure along with any associated risks. My surgery went extremely well and the follow up visits were very informative. He sincerely takes an interest in his patients.
    in Fleming Island, FL |
    Dr. Afshari is extremely personable! Although he performs surgery regularly, he does not forget that you, as the patient, are most likely scared and concerned of the outcome. Dr. Afshari presents both professionalism and trust. He cares about the well-being of his patients. He does not forget that you are an individual with your own concerns and he will readily address them if you bring them to his attention. Do not be scares to discuss any concerns you have as a patient!
    in orange , park, fl |
    Dr. afshari preformed my husband hernia operation last week and i met him for the first time. He is a fantastic surgeon and doctor and was open and honest with us thru it all. If you need or want a caring doctor/surgeon he is the one you want.If my husband ever needs anothe surgery or i myself should happen to need one i would definately call on Dr. Afshari. Thank-you so much for the awesome care you gave my husband.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Dr. Afshari performed a hernia procedure on my son at Memorial Hospital; and I, as his mother, was very disappointed that he did not even bother to come out and speak with his wife after the surgery. Fortunately the nursing staff were very good. May be a good surgeon but his bedside manner is lacking.
    in Jacksonville, FL |
    Excellent surgeon who is truly concerned about your total well being! Outstanding surgeon and a prince of a man!
    in St Augustine, FL |
    The only Doctor that would listen to my wife. Saved my life.
    Have you seen Dr. Sohrab Afshari, MD?
    Are you Dr. Afshari?

Dr. Afshari's Care Philosophy

Dr. Afshari's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Afshari has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Afshari's Board Certifications

• Biliary Atresia
    • Breast Cancer
    • Breast Lump
    • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
    • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
    • Colon Cancer
    • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
    • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
    • Parathyroid Cancer
    • Partial Lung Collapse
    • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
    • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

Jacksonville Health Ed Program

Completed in 1981

• Farsi
    • Persian

Dr. Afshari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Afshari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Colectomy
    • Colon and Rectal Surgery
    • Destruction of Anal Tumor
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
    • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
    • Esophageal Surgery
    • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
    • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
    • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
    • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
    • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
    • Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy With Robotic Assistance
    • Mastectomy
    • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
    • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
    • Orchiectomy
    • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
    • Parathyroidectomy
    • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
    • Port Placements or Replacements
    • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
    • Skin Grafts