Dr. Sohrab Afshari, MD

Dr. Sohrab Afshari, MD

General Surgery | Male | 66 years old

Dr. Afshari has 30 years of surgical experience in abdominal, endocrine and cancer surgery. Combined with the leading edge knowledge of surgical educator at University of Florida and a heart-felt compassionate and caring attitude, Dr. Afshari delivers the best outcomes.Read more

Dr. Afshari's Experience

See how Dr. Afshari's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Afshari

Dr. Afshari accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Afshari has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Afshari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Afshari to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Afshari
Dr. Afshari's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (54)
in Jacksonville, FL |
I would highly recommend this surgeon. He took the time to explain the procedure to me and did a fine job with the surgery and follow up. He is a credit to the medical care field.
in Orange Park, FL |
Dr. Afshari knew right away of my condition. After a few routine tests it was confirmed that my thyroid was bad. Dr. Afshari took care of it quickly and now because of him I feel 100% better. He absolutely cares about each patient and it shows . I would gladly recommend Dr. Afshari 100% . The care and treatment I received by Dr. Afshari and his staff was top notch .
in Jacksonville, FL |
I absolutely love him to death he is so sweet and caring and take this time to explain everything he is amazing!! ?????
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Afshari performed my surgery and got me back on my feet with a minimal disruption to my usual routine.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Outstanding Doctor and Staff, from my first appointment to post ops. Dr Afshari is very warm and knows how to make you feel very at ease at an uneasy time. While performing my 'routine' hernia surgery he encountered a problem from a previous surgery (different doctor, different type surgery) and took care of it while he was there. Thank you so much for everything Dr Afshari and your wonderful staff, I'll be sure to recommend you to anyone in need of a surgeon.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Afshari came highly recommended by my doctor's office. He removed my gallbladder about 3 weeks ago by single site robotic surgery through my belly button. He guided me through the entire process professionally and made me feel safe and comfortable. I have no scar and he was actually able to fix a small hernia in my belly button I developed during a previous pregnancy. I am so happy with my results and I will be seeing Dr. Afshari for any future surgeries.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I think Dr. Afshari is the greatest Doctor I ever had. He is kind and tells you just how it is. Does not sugarcoat it. His staff is the best in the world. I would recommend him to anyone. Suzanne Blanton
in Jacksonville, FL |
I was rather surprised that a physician who is in such high demand still maintained high levels of respect by being patient, kind, thorough, and extremely considerate. I went in to have an umbilical hernia repair and Dr Afshari made every moment comfortable for me. His staff was also very accommodating and their levels of sincerity and professionalism left a lasting impression. I sincerely thank them for taking such great care of me. Dawn
in Jacksonville, FL |
I was diagnosed about eight months ago with a type of breast cancer, that didn't show up on the normal tests. Dr. Afshari's persuaded me to have a biopsy. It is an understatement to say I was shocked when the biopsy came back stage three lobular carcinoma. Because of Dr. A's surgery I was deemed cancer free. I still went through chemo & am starting radiation shortly just to make sure nothing is hiding anywhere. I am so grateful for Dr. A, his expertise & dedication. God truly blessed me.
in Jacksonville, Florida |
When I got diagnosed with thyroid cancer my physician recommended me to Dr. Afshari. He is an excellent Doctor and a great person. He spends time explaining everything to you. Very personable. I recommend him to all of my friends. He also has the best staff that I have met.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Diagnosed with breast cancer. I met with doctor and he suggested mastectomy. I had a implant. What he suggested was skin sparing mastectomy. He removed the tumors,nipple,areola and fat. Saved the implant and used existing skin to cover the implant. He did a totally fantastic job. Surgery performed on 13June, 2016
in Jacksonville, FL |
Once again, my experience with Dr. Sohrab Afshari has gone beyond my belief. Many years ago I was in a serious accident and to my great fortune Dr. Afshari was the doctor on call in the Trauma Unit. I believe without question that I own my life to God and Dr. Afshari. Since that time (over 20 years) if I or any member of my family needed surgery, we went to Dr. Afshari. Recently I had a friend that needed surgery. I recommended Dr. Afshari and offered to go with him. We were astounded that
in Jacksonville, FL |
Very professional and accurate at his procedures
in Jacksonville, FL |
I highly recommend Dr.Afshari, he is very cordial, through, and takes the time needed to explain the procedure along with any associated risks. My surgery went extremely well and the follow up visits were very informative. He sincerely takes an interest in his patients.
in Fleming Island, FL |
Dr. Afshari is extremely personable! Although he performs surgery regularly, he does not forget that you, as the patient, are most likely scared and concerned of the outcome. Dr. Afshari presents both professionalism and trust. He cares about the well-being of his patients. He does not forget that you are an individual with your own concerns and he will readily address them if you bring them to his attention. Do not be scares to discuss any concerns you have as a patient!
in orange , park, fl |
Dr. afshari preformed my husband hernia operation last week and i met him for the first time. He is a fantastic surgeon and doctor and was open and honest with us thru it all. If you need or want a caring doctor/surgeon he is the one you want.If my husband ever needs anothe surgery or i myself should happen to need one i would definately call on Dr. Afshari. Thank-you so much for the awesome care you gave my husband.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Afshari performed a hernia procedure on my son at Memorial Hospital; and I, as his mother, was very disappointed that he did not even bother to come out and speak with his wife after the surgery. Fortunately the nursing staff were very good. May be a good surgeon but his bedside manner is lacking.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Excellent surgeon who is truly concerned about your total well being! Outstanding surgeon and a prince of a man!
in St Augustine, FL |
The only Doctor that would listen to my wife. Saved my life.
Have you seen Dr. Sohrab Afshari, MD?
Are you Dr. Afshari?

Dr. Afshari's Care Philosophy

Dr. Afshari's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Afshari has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Afshari's Board Certifications

• Biliary Atresia
  • Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Parathyroid Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

Jacksonville Health Ed Program

Completed in 1981

• Farsi
  • Persian

Dr. Afshari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Afshari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Mastectomy
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Orchiectomy
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Skin Grafts
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Varicose Vein Procedure
  • Wound Repair

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Narrow your results

These featured providers are brought to you by and are on medical staff at: