Dr. Sohaib Faruqi, MD

Dr. Sohaib Faruqi, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Greater Houston Gastroenterology 18220 State Highway 249 Ste 249 Houston, TX 77070 Get Directions

Dr. Sohaib Faruqi, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Faruqi is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - The Vintage Hospital, Tomball Regional Medical Center and Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital.

Dr. Faruqi's Experience

See how Dr. Faruqi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Faruqi

Dr. Faruqi accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Faruqi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Faruqi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Faruqi to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Faruqi's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Excellent in informing me of the whole process , before, during and after.
in Houston, TX |
I was having acid reflux problems almost every night before seeing Dr Faruqi. He prescribed Nexium and explained about proper eating habits. I came in for my six month follow up and can say I haven't had an acid reflux incident since our last visit. Very happy with my care and colonoscopy. No pain experienced and good results.
in Stagecoach |
My visit with Dr Faruqi was one of the worst ever. He was rude from the minute he walked into the room. Had very serious questions to ask him and he didn't even care to answer or check out the problem. Office help was rude and inefficient also. I will find a Dr. who cares and gives the patient the care of a simple exam and the 2 seconds it takes to answer questions regarding my health.
Houston, TX |
Fast friendly and painless. Will use him for all future gastro needs.
Houston, TX |
I made a previous review out of frustration of not being able to get through to his office all day - i am just now finally being told they are having telephone issues - so I apologize and will remove that post as soon as I can
in Houston, TX |
Dr Faruqi is very kind and understanding. He make you feel comfortable.
Houston, TX |
Excellent bedside manner. Takes time to answer questions. Can schedule colonoscopies in a reasonable amount of time ( within a week or 2).
in Cypress, Texas |
I was not with Dr. Faruqi for long during my pre-screenings and at my two colonoscopy procedures and at my follow up appointments, but just knowing him over a five year span, he is one of my favorite doctors of all times and I am almost 72. I liked him very much and felt totally at ease and safe with him. He has one of the best hospital teams for the procedure I have ever encountered. They were incredibly efficient and professional and yet when I left I knew five of them by name.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Faruqi is very thorough and helpful. He explains things well.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Faruqi was very professional. I would recommend him to my family and friends.
in Houston, TX |
My care with Dr. Faruqi and his staff has been excellent!
in Houston, TX |
Very comprehensive with continuous follow-up.
in Cypress, TX |
I had no trouble scheduling my appointments, I did not have to wait for an unreasonable amount of time, and Dr. Faruqi took the time to answer all questions.
in Klein, Tx |
Very nice and knowledgeable
in Houston, TX |
We've been patients of Dr. Faruqi for over 10 years and are more happy with him as a gastroenterologist than we can adequately express. He is always pleasant, courteous, kind and informative. We give our most heartfelt recommendation for him.
Houston, TX |
Excellent information given. Feel very comfortable with him.
in Houston, TX |
Takes time to sit down and answer all questions. Never felt rushed.
Houston, TX |
Easy to get an appointment. Dr and staff personable and approachable.
in Houston, TX |
Very detailed, and personable, didn't rush you in and back out!
in Spring, Tx |
Dr. Faruqi is very personable as well as informative with issues and procedures. Never have to wait any time at all.
in Spring, TX |
Wonderful
in Houston, TX |
Dr Doc patiently listened and engaged me in a healthy discussion regarding my concerns.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Faruqi, was very patient and answered all my questions. He is very good at setting your mind at ease.
in Magnolia, TX |
Solved my acid reflux problems promptly with an additional amount of humor at no extra charge.
in Houston, TX |
I was very satisfied with the ease to make the appointments and the procedure scheduling. Everything was explained and proceeded as told.
in Spring , TX |
Great bedside manner.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Faruqi was very easy to talk to and answered all my concerns. The staff is nice and friendly also. The surgery center he uses is very efficient.
in Tomball, TX |
Very personable as well as his office staff. He answered every question thoroughly
in Tomball TX |
The Doctor is very courteous and helpful.
Great staff
in Houston, TX |
Dr Faruqi made the experience easy and set my mind at ease. I have no complaints. I look forward to him taking care of me in the future.
Tomball, TX |
He is very easy to talk to and always listens to my concerns. He really cares about his patients.
in Houston, TX |
I was scheduled over a month ago for a colonoscopy. I called the office to verify my appointment twice this morning before taking the prep medicine. I was told to begin the medication and they would call me back. I never received a call back and when I called again after taking the medicine, I was told my appointment had to be cancelled because everyone is new in the office and the referral was not processed so my insurance could not authorize the procedure. POOR customer service!!!
in Cypress, TX |
Was referred to Dr. Faruqi by my physician, he was professional as well as his staff, I was very nervous about having a colonoscopy for the first time , I worried for nothing, also the product they sell for the day before was well worth the money and it was not a bad experience at all.
in Houston |
My experience with this office staff was unprofessional. After many times of asking the nurse/assistant if there was going to be any other charges I should be aware of, I was told that everything was paid for. I even specifically asked about lab charges. I was told that if samples were sent, then it shouldn't be anymore than $1000.00 per sample. I was ok with that. A few months later I was hit with a 6000.00 lab bill!!! I was never told the amount of samples being sent to the lab
in Houston, TX |
He has been very good to my husband and stays on top of his health. We really like him and would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Sohaib Faruqi, MD?
Are you Dr. Faruqi?

Compare Dr. Faruqi

}

Dr. Faruqi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

Dr. Faruqi has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Faruqi's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Completed in 2000

Utmb

Completed in 2003

• Tagalog

Dr. Faruqi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Faruqi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bronchoscopy
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)