Dr. Sofia Aeschlimann, MD

Dr. Sofia Aeschlimann, MD

Psychiatry | Female

1015 Airport Rd SW Huntsville, AL 35802 Get Directions

I believe that finding the right treatment plan for you is a joint effort. I am willing to listen and work with you to find a course that fits your needs.  My goal is to achieve remission of your condition through ongoing medication management and supportive therapy.

Today, you are one step closer to a new you where you feel empowered and on a positive path to growth and well-being. As a psychiatrist, my goal is to help you uncover your true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in your life. By skillfully applying medication management and complementary therapy approaches , we will unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life. If you are looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation or you're just ready to move in a new direction in your life, I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals. Please call or email me for an intial evaluation, and ongoing supportive therapy and medication management.

Dr. Aeschlimann's Experience

See how Dr. Aeschlimann's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Aeschlimann

Dr. Aeschlimann accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Aeschlimann has admitting privileges.

Dr. Aeschlimann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Aeschlimann to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Aeschlimann's Performance
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Aeshlmann has been the kindest and most understanding doctor I've been to. She keeps to her schedule and has always been available when needed. Always explains any medications written.
in Huntsville, AL |
I had my first appointment with Dr. Aeschlimann yesterday. I was really nervous about what to expect, having never been to a psychiatrist before, but, she was excellent. She was very caring and really listened to me. I feel very confident in her care.
in Huntsville, AL |
Very easy to talk to. Haven't found a doctor I can communicate to better than Dr. Sofia. She's open, knowledgeable, and sincere. I enjoy my visits
New York, NY |
She did not listen to what was happening in my life & that the drugs were not helping. She informed me she was the doctor. After that visit I found another doctor who listened,disagreed with her diagnosis, changed my medication & I have been doing fine since. She had me misdiagnosed. I wrote her a nice note about leaving her practice & going elsewhere. What I got from her was I was being dismissed for not keeping apts.& following her instructions. I had already left her so why the nastygram?
Wrong provider.
in Huntsville, AL |
Super caring doctor with very kind demeanor.
in Huntsville, AL |
We're all human and have our own problems, including our doctors. Dr Aeschlimann seems to have lost what once made her a wonderful, deeply caring doctor. I hope that she finds it again. I don't know if it's the influence of the other doc she's in with now, frustration after the closing of APS, or what happened. But a once great doctor has wandered far from the path she was once on. Maybe she will find it again.
Have you seen Dr. Sofia Aeschlimann, MD?

Compare Dr. Aeschlimann

Dr. Aeschlimann says...

As a psychiatrist, my goal is to help you uncover your true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in your life. By  skillfully applying medication management and complementary therapy approaches , we will unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life.

Dr. Aeschlimann's Care Philosophy

Dr. Aeschlimann says...

Anxiety, depression, OCD, Bipolar disorder, PTSD, Panic disorder, Social Phobia,  Generalized Anxiety disorder, Psychosis, and Adult ADHD

Dr. Aeschlimann's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Completed in 2000

Psychiatric Residency
    Ut Southwestern Medical Center

Completed in 2004

Dr. Aeschlimann does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Aeschlimann and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Depression

Dr. Aeschlimann does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Aeschlimann and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.