Dr. Smita Shah, MD

Dr. Smita Shah, MD

Gastroenterology | Female

Our Mission at ADDC is quality healthcare. We offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for the wide variety of problems encountered in the digestive system. This includes disorders of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, liver, pancreas and gall bladder. Our specialists are Board Certified Gastroenterologists with extensive training and experience in the diagnosis and management of digestive tract disorders. Our goal is to provide the highest quality specialty care combined with a compassionate and personalized physician/patient relationship.

Smita S. Shah, MD, AGAF established her medical practice Alabama Digestive Disorders Center in January 1998. Dr. Shah earned her medical degree from the University of Pune in Pune, India in 1985. She finished her Obstetrics and Gynecology residency from the University of Pune in Pune, India in 1988. She completed her Internal Medicine residency in 1993 at the Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, New Jersey. She then completed her fellowship in Gastroenterology at the Chicago Medical School in North Chicago, Illinois in 1995. Dr. Shah is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. She is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterological Association and American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.

Dr. Shah's Experience

See how Dr. Shah's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shah has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Shah's Performance
in Huntsville, AL |
She is the most rudest doctor I've ever dealt with. And don't even get me started how long I had to wait. HOURS! She asked me what my conditions were and cut me off mid sentence. I despise when people do this. I am currently dealing with a colonoscopy prep and I called her and she screamed at me saying I called her 6 times (this was only the second, mind you), pretty much called me stupid, and hung up on me when I was in mid sentence. I'll be changing doctors soon!
in Huntsville, AL |
Let me begin by saying how professional her staff was with getting me scheduled with all of my insurance obstacles. They were amazing! Once I finally got scheduled for my initial appointment, Dr. Shah explained everything in detail where I could understand it. Her staff made my appointment for my procedure (I was expecting a very long wait, however, they were able to get me right in since I was losing my coverage at the end of the month). I am so grateful for all the staff!! THANK YOU!!!!!
in Huntsville, AL |
Rude unwilling to return calls They called and said my insurance was ending. Which was not the case! Gave me 48 hours to prove coverage! Which I did! Had my insurance provider call! After talking to ins provider and retirement. Systems of Alabama I called and left message and information my providers gave me. They never returned my call and yestrrday I recieved a bill with no explanation!
in Huntsville, Alabama |
She is very rude. I know more about my condition than she does. If you try to ask her a simple question, she will belittle you like you're a child. I would avoid her at all costs.
in Huntsville, AL |
It has been a few years but I saw Dr. Shah several times when I first came to Alabama. She was a good doctor who took time to help me and eventually did a colonoscopy. Like I said, I have not seen her in a few years but have a hard time understanding why she rates so low among the people who have responded. I could not find out why others gave her such a low score.
Have you seen Dr. Smita Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?

Compare Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah says...

Dr. Shah's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shah's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Completed in 1995

• Gujarati
  • Hindi
  • Marathi

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Manometry
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)